It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former ambassador to Ukraine says Trump pushed to oust her

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   
She should have been fired for obstructing justice when she blocked Ukrainian prosecutors from contacting the FBI and other US law enforcement about Clinton campaign crimes in Ukraine in 2016.

a reply to: Oraculi

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: fnpmitchreturns

She just addressed that. She says she did not and would never do that.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   
My initial thoughts

She talks about the damage done to state dept by spreading false allegations.

Yet the dems have spread false allegations about the President for 3 years. Strange she doesnt think that is damaging to our diplomacy

Yovanavicth says she is upset that her ouster meant state dept. was weakened at the time it needed to be string the most.

This is absurd, is she claiming her replacement is imcompetent? The President is allowed to fire state dept employees for whatever reason she wants.

If Yovanavitch admits she has no knowledge of the "black ledger" then any proof she pressured Ukraine to not investigate Leschenko (who admitted releasing it) would be an admission she forced Ukraine to drop an investigation with no proof it was a corrupt investigation.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Yet the dems have spread false allegations about the President for 3 years. Strange she doesnt think that is damaging to our diplomacy
a reply to: Grambler

Know whats even more strange....
No one flippin asked her about this because it has nothing to do with this impeachment hearing.

Yovanavicth says she is upset that her ouster meant state dept. was weakened at the time it needed to be string the most.

This is absurd, is she claiming her replacement is imcompetent?

And you are putting words in her mouth. She was referring to a new regime with a new ambassador unfamiliar with Ukraine.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: fnpmitchreturns
She should have been fired for obstructing justice when she blocked Ukrainian prosecutors from contacting the FBI and other US law enforcement about Clinton campaign crimes in Ukraine in 2016.

a reply to: Oraculi

]

Exactly

Keep in mind Wednesday witness Kent admitted state dept Yovanavicth was at head of pressured Ukraine to drop investigation of Sytnyk, head of the NABU that a Ukrainian court found guilty of interfering in election to help Hillary

“We warned both Lutsenko and others that efforts to destroy NABU as an organization, including opening up investigations of Sytnyk, threatened to unravel a key component of our anti-corruption cooperation.” George Kent

If Yovanavitch didnt know anything about the release of the black ledger, what the h is she doing pressuring Ukraine to drop an investigation into it?

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Ms Yovanovitch needs better acting lessons today.

Another failure is forming up nicely 😃

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   

But she says thats a lie that Giuliani made up as part of a smear campaign.

She said its all a lie that she would never do that it would be against her own ethics and against her job to represent the president.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Has nothing to do with impeachment?

She admits she wasnt even ambassodor when zelensky was sworn in. She has no knowledge of anything doing with trumps talks or strategy with zelensky.

This whole thing is "Trumps a big meanie for firing me"

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

But she says thats a lie that Giuliani made up as part of a smear campaign.

She said its all a lie that she would never do that it would be against her own ethics and against her job to represent the president.

So then wednesdays witness George Kent lied when he testified?

“We warned both Lutsenko and others that efforts to destroy NABU as an organization, including opening up investigations of Sytnyk, threatened to unravel a key component of our anti-corruption cooperation.”

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I'm exclusively talking about your bias here. Not sure what you're not getting about that. I didn't say anything about whether the story is true or not and honestly I could care less because it's not going to convince me that the guy who had the president of Citizens United run his campaign isn't corrupt. 🤣
But than you're just a troll if the context matters nothing to you and your aim is something other than the discussion at hand.

You're not smart or enlightened.

If you don't have anything to contribute, door is right there.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Ms Yovanovitch needs better acting lessons today.

Another failure is forming up nicely 😃

Must admit, if I was accused wrongly. I would not be scared, I would be mad! So far, I am wondering why she is so scared of Trump? if she did nothing wrong and is innocent, she should be angry not scared.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

The waters are so muddy around any story that comes out that even you don't know if it's true or not, you just choose to believe whichever side you want. Literally every "scandal" that the MSM shoves down people's throats these days had enough ammo for both sides to claim "victory", literally every one. Not a coincidence.

And yeah, you absolutely do have a bias. Quit denying the obvious.

False. Someone is innocent until proven guilty. A story is fake until it has actual evidence supporting it. I don't care about who can 'claim victory', I care about actual substance.

The fact you think I follow and support Q means you have no clue what I think or believe, but I absolutely have a bias. I am sick and tired of the MSM and Democrats constantly running fake news stories with 'anonymous sources'. I don't accept anonymous sources of either side, but one side is clearly behind the vast majority of fake news in this country designed to create division and hatred. Can't have people not fighting each other so the MSM does their duty.
I don't think I ever told you how much of a level headed approach you have.

I appreciate your postings in all seriousness.

Nice ownage btw, that was a fire response 🔥🔥🔥

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Being that she's been doing this kind of work for 33 years, I'm willing to bet that she was scared since we all know what would have happened in past administrations if a US Ambassador was disliked by the heads.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   

The entire state department were all in agreement that Lutsenko was corrupt.
You know... before he became a great and fair prosecutor who was treated badly ...Please.
edit on 11152019 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   
They keep saying Lutsenko recanted about their being no do not prosecute list.

Thats not true, he said there was no physical list, but he was told by Yovanavitch to not prosecute people connected to the Obama admin, as even the NYT admitted in an article two days ago.

In an interview with The New York Times last month, Mr. Lutsenko blamed the confusion on the interpreter who handled his interview with The Hill. But he insisted that the ambassador, Marie Yovanovitch, had in fact asked him not to target certain politicians and activists who worked with the embassy on its anti-corruption efforts.

www.nytimes.com...

George Kent testified as much, for example

"“We warned both Lutsenko and others that efforts to destroy NABU as an organization, including opening up investigations of Sytnyk, threatened to unravel a key component of our anti-corruption cooperation.”

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Just curious about white haired lady behind Yovanovitch. Is that her mother? If not the resemblance of aged facial features is uncanny.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Yovanovitch isn't offering any written documents for the record either 😃 😃 😃 😃 😃 😃 😃 😃 😃

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: Sillyolme

Has nothing to do with impeachment?

She admits she wasnt even ambassodor when zelensky was sworn in. She has no knowledge of anything doing with trumps talks or strategy with zelensky.

This whole thing is "Trumps a big meanie for firing me"

Indeed. The entirety of her testimony was her puffing herself up and basically "HOW DARE YOU FIRE ME".......people may not have liked the fact Trump fired her, but is anyone out there going to try and argue it is not withing his authority to do so??

another note.....I wonder if she will be asked if she had contact with the whistle blower?? She doesnt have to release the name, just if she had contact with him

link   
It's always great foreign policy to have the weakest person possible representing the U.S. in corrupt countries
😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃

link   

What does that have to do with her saying that she didnt speak against the president or tell anyone not to prosecute anyone?
You go all over the place trying to make your version make sense. Did that order come from Yovanovich? Was she part of "we"?

You are familiar with Occam's razor?
The given two hypothesis, the one requiring the fewest assumptions should be chosen.

I just heard the lady say it. I assumed nothing.
Can you say the same?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join