It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Snow Flakes do not worry you are not gonna melt

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Maybe.

The problem is that I have seen scant actual proposals on how to perpetuate our survival. Most of the solutions are to give government more control and more money with no actual solutions proposed. Somehow, they will save us if we just let them take charge, tell us what to do and send them all our money.

That sort of makes them sound like those fake TV preachers.

Meanwhile, the late, wet spring ensured that plenty of crops couldn't go into the ground until late, and now those same crops are currently getting snowed under in several states as I type this. They won't get out of the ground this year. And that didn't happen because we caused a greenhouse effect and warming.

Understand, I am not at all against conservation. I am not against things like solar power where they make sense or any other alternative forms of energy, but the idea that they are ready and able to completely replace fossil fuels is ludicrous. They aren't, not at our current levels of technology. Most of the real problem with environmentalism is that it wants preservation, not conservation -- put this under a bell jar and have it remain untouched and unchanging -- and it wants to go all at once with unrealistic actions and it proposes to do so by force.

That and it's been co-opted by the NWO government control types.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: LoveSolMoonDeath
a reply to: Boadicea
Here' how these snowflake made a direct attack on me...

Okay... I'll give you half a point for that. It's more rude and obnoxious than an actual attack, but you're right that it's out of line. I wouldn't call these rabble rousers snowflakes though. Snowflakes can't handle this kind of direct confrontation. Can't "shake" these troublemakers out of their anti-social ways. They thrive on it.

Tough you were trying to have a discussion here.

That would be from my high horses, right? And here's the thing: Talking trash about people -- snowflakes or otherwise -- isn't a "discussion," it's gossip -- at best. It's also discredits any and every legitimate point of discussion because coloring facts with opinions, displaying a confirmation bias, putting people on defense of themselves rather than their position on the issue.

Much like blocking a major highway to harass, bully and intimidate others, rather than using facts and data to change hearts and minds.

See you're so out of argument: you check if I use plural, I'm impressed. Google snowflake it may sound familiar.

I didn't have to "check" -- it was right there for all to see. No effort needed on my part. Nor any effort needed to find the snowflakes.

Oh wait! You're calling ME a snowflake! I get it now!!! Because I melt at confrontation? Because I'm afraid to vent my frustrations in real life? LOL! Can't wait to tell my hubby... he always appreciates a good belly laugh.

You come here to show express anger you can't in real life?

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...(slang)

You're a perfect fit.

Jeff

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...(slang)

You're a perfect fit(s)

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
Reality is we are deficating in our own back yards, our rivers and our oceans.

Pollution of the environment has nothing whatsoever to do with the Climate Change hoax.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Meh, think of it as literal. Literally, if the OP is correct, those actual snow flakes won't be melting anytime soon.

Okay... I stand corrected. It can in fact be taken literally.

As for the figurative ones who get triggered by the word "snowflake"? You tell me.

LOL! I see what you did there...

I'm beginning to think everyone has their own definition of "snow flakes"... It's lost any significance at this point. Just like "racist" or "transphobe." It's whatever anyone wants it to mean.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: LoveSolMoonDeath

Ha! You actually think I'm going to your link?

No, thank you. Don't care

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: contextual

I go with the wiki idea of snowflake (slang)

Snowflake is a 2010s derogatory slang term for a person, implying that they have an inflated sense of uniqueness, an unwarranted sense of entitlement, or are overly-emotional, easily offended, and unable to deal with opposing opinions.

Source

Hate nazi/far left/far right stuff
Love commun sense and discussion based on facts/ideas with space for the other way around.
Hate grammar nazi: people from all around the world here

Be well

Jeff

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.
edit on 12/10/2019 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Again, I'm always amazed by how many people, who think they're being political activists, don't understand game theory or even politics in general. Politics isn't a game you can win by becoming the biggest, loudest group that dominates the opposition into submission. All you do when you go authoritarian is create the other equal extreme equivalent on the other end and nothing gets accomplished. You need to be reaching out to the other side, not attempting to dominate them.

There is a reason authoritarian one-party states always inevitably fail by their own doing. It takes both sides to make things work. We need to be taking more steps to ensure we are doing enough to take care of our environment and moving the world into the next technological revolution beyond the industrial revolution. But we also need to ensure we aren't being undermined by opportunistic predators seizing on this issue for the purpose of consolidating power for their own selfish end -- which should be obvious by now is very much happening. And no matter how much you love the planet is going to change that fact.

These groups like Extinction Rebellion are doing more harm than good. They are turning off a massive amounts of people and legitimizing the other ignorant extreme to some. Our world, our environment is something everyone should be taking seriously. And the whole message has been hijacked by doomsday cult lunatics. The way forward is so basic it hurts sometimes -- just return to reason, folks.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: sooth

". Our world, our environment is something everyone should be taking seriously. And the whole message has been hijacked by doomsday cult lunatics"

A green religion and a green Business. You are spot on. And they kill the moderate message.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I petition we find a new word to undermine people of opposing viewpoints.

“Snowflake” is old and overused. Maybe we could go with “day-Lilly”. Or “powder-cake”. Maybe “raindrop” to keep it weather related. “Tear-child” is my personal favorite.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Well let's look at what's going on in Cali right now.

In order to save the environment, they've been pressuring people to buy electric cars, but in order to save the environment from wildfires, they've imposed mandatory blackouts.

Those two things are not complementary in the slightest. I have an electric car, and now I have no way to charge it. My life, at the moment, has come to a standstill because I have no means of transportation while my troglodyte neighbor who hates the planet and refuses to give up his gas guzzler carries on ...

Oh ... I sure hope I don't have to evacuate from a fire in the midst of all this ...

edit on 11-10-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Here' how these snowflake made a direct attack on me

montrealgazette.com...

3 hours bocked in traffic on a major bridge. People having to get to job, to health care, to rdv: screw you!

Love snowflakes

Jeff

Ya

The bridge was closed for more than an hour while thousands of cars idled. It was reopened to traffic around 8:30 a.m. after firefighters removed the protesters.

You got-in to work 3 hours late, because of a one-hour delay ?
You're naughty...
Next week: take the métro.

Signed: Your boss.
edit on 11-10-2019 by Nothin because: sp

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: contextual

thinkprogress.org...

You're wrong. Read.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
There are definitely issues with the climate. I live in a temperate zone and we were seeing 90 degree weather until a few days ago. I have a friend that lives in Utah who was expecting 81 degree weather during the day and snow in the evening.

Even if there is debate over whether or not humans are significantly affecting the climate, if there's even a slight chance it is true, shouldn't we be doing everything we can to help perpetuate our ultimate survival?

I am in total agreement on something IS happening.

I am 100% convinced we have data that points not at the information that the money grabbing, solar cycles deniers on display in our daily news desire to be the causation, but at other issues like the Electromagnetic pole shifting.

Truly this is boiling down to the Sun and the entire solar system are in a realignment of the magnetic fields and some planets have more magnetic properties than others. The pole drift of our Mag Poles is substantial and we can safely say this is influencing things.

The entire weather pattern is in the process of changing patterns. It will be permanent compared to what we are used to and will eventually cycle out again.

edit on 11-10-2019 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny
a reply to: 727Sky

Could it be that articles like this intentionally take the most extreme predictions from the most extreme models and pretend that is the consensus???

There is no consensus period on the rate and effects of climate change..

Climate change itself is VERY easy math..

Well I will be proud to say, that makes sense to me too except that very last sentence.

No way for the Math on any change to be easy when there are so many variables. Things inside and outside our atmosphere change and affect Earth. Political thugs are mucking up the Science for my chosen field of Environmentalist.

If we would concentrate our energy on real pollution, which CO2 is not an issue as the Solar Cycle Deniers hide this fact from most of us, then we can work wonders. Air pollutants have been reduced so much the EPA has lowered the official allowable limits several times since 1975.

For instance:
Ozone is now so low that they have to make it too high if it is just above the level of natural background ozone. Many of us in the field think it is too much to ask now. Plus, we should not pretend people will suffer when the improvement is truly wonderful. It is job security for the EPA to lower it and some top leaders there act like it is worse than it ever was. Can't be all the way done I suppose and keep your job. I, like many others here, have to justify my job for my pay.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Not living in the states I had no idea that the world "Snow Flake" could trigger and become fighting words to some of our members..

With the early snow and temperature records being broken in many parts of the world the the newly deposited snow flake have no worry of melting anytime soon..

For those who were offended by "Dear Snow Flakes do not worry you are not gonna melt" all I can say is grow up and quit looking for stuff to piss you off; OR, if the shoe fits wear it with pride.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

Reality is we are deficating in our own back yards, our rivers and our oceans.

Pollution of the environment has nothing whatsoever to do with the Climate Change hoax.

Perhaps, but pollution is s serious concern we can actually do something about, climate change we have to adapt to.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   

"Pollution of the environment has nothing whatsoever to do with the Climate Change hoax."

Perhaps, but pollution is s serious concern we can actually do something about, climate change we have to adapt to.

I agree, but that is beside the point of trying to conflate the two.

I am 100% in favor of cleaning up the environment and requiring corporations to clean up their acts - as well as any damage they do to the environment - even to the point of creating criminal liability for Corporate Board Members once a certain bar is met.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Meanwhile South Florida floods with perfect weather. From my local NWS office today:

National Weather Service Key West FL
1206 AM EDT Mon Oct 14 2019

FLZ078-142100-
/O.CON.KKEY.CF.S.0011.000000T0000Z-191014T2100Z/
Monroe Lower Keys-
1206 AM EDT Mon Oct 14 2019

...MINOR COASTAL FLOODING CONTINUES ACROSS LOW LYING AREAS OF THE
LOWER FLORIDA KEYS...

* COASTAL FLOODING...Minor saltwater flooding will continue to
affect the Lower Keys, with total water levels reaching nearly
two feet above mean sea level, or between 1.0 and 1.3 feet
above the predicted tide levels.

* TIMING...For the Lower Keys, the impacts from saltwater flooding
will be greatest at the times of high tide, which will occur
around midnight, and again late Monday morning.

* IMPACTS...Minor saltwater flooding of low elevation streets
and lots is likely. Some storm drains will overflow and some
seawalls and docks will be overtopped. Boaters can expect less
clearance under fixed bridges. Motorists should remember that
persistent puddles around the times of high tide are almost
certain to contain saltwater.

$$

Jacobson

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join