It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Snow Flakes do not worry you are not gonna melt

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Since the latest round of alarmist climate change has begun (latest being after, "we are all gonna freeze" in the 70s) I have complained that the models being used are so far off the actual observed real life data that they are a JOKE when it comes to science.

Not enough data points are considered which should change in the next few years as solar forcing is supposed to be added to their models. You can not do an accurate prediction without accurate data.. And even when there are records the alarmist fiddle the numbers to make an agenda driven NWO outcome of world control.. They have been caught numerous times playing with the temp graphs and starting at a date that is say in the 60s or 70s (remember global cooling scare) when in actuality it was much warmer in the 30s.

Next thing, is I have said in some of the climate threads is; this winter will be worse than last winter.... Evidently with all the cold records being set in America and places in Europe and Russia this winter has started with a big bad cold spell not to mention the snow records.. There are still crops in the ground waiting to be harvested due to the late planing season in some areas.. so not good.. but I really do hope I am wrong.. We can stand the heat but cold and power outages kill.

clintel.nl...

From
rofessor Guus Berkhoutguus.berkhout@clintel.org23September 2019Sr. António Guterres, Secretary-General, United Nations,United Nations Headquarters,New York, NY 10017, United States of America.Ms. Patricia Espinosa Cantellano, Executive Secretary,United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change,UNFCCC Secretariat, UN Campus, Platz der Vereinten Nationen 1,53113 Bonn, Germany

Your Excellencies,

There is no climate emergency

A global network of more than 500 knowledgeable and experienced scientists and professionals in climate and related fields have the honor to address to Your Excellencies the attached European Climate Declaration,for which the signatories to this letter are the national ambassadors.

The general-circulation models of climate on which international policy is at present founded are unfit for their purpose. Therefore, it is cruel as well as imprudent to advocate the squandering of trillions of dollars on the basis of results from such immature models. Current climate policies pointlessly and grievously undermine the economic system, putting lives at risk in countries denied access to affordable, reliable electrical energy.

See the PDF link for the full article

clintel.nl...

Press briefing European Climate Declaration

There is no climate emergency, say 500 experts STHE LATEST U.N. climate summit begins in New York, a new,high-level global network of 500 prominent climate scientists and professionals has submitteda declaration that there is no “climate emergency”.The group has sent a European Climate Declaration with a registered letter to António Guterres, Secretary-General of the United Nations.Professor Guus Berkhout of The Netherlands, who organized the Declaration, said: “So popular is the Declaration with scientists and researchers worldwide that signatories are flooding in not only from within Europe but also from other countries such as the United States and Canada, Australia and New Zealand.”The group’s letter warns the U.N. that “the general-circulation models of climate on which international policy is at present founded are unfit for their purpose”. The Declaration adds that the models, which have predicted far more warming than they should (see diagram), “are not remotely plausible as policy tools”, in that “they ... exaggerate the effect of greenhouse gases such as CO2” and “ignore the fact that enriching the atmosphere with CO2 is beneficial”.

youtu.be...

In 1970 a Washington, Post article claiming NASA said in 50 years we would be entering another ice age
youtu.be...

I have seen posters at ATS claim the cooling forecast never happened... sorry you are totally wrong youtu.be...

But But we are all going to drown due to sea level rise !! Only if the land you are on is sinking and there is plenty of that going on all over the world. Some land is sinking while other land masses are rising. youtu.be...

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

This could have -- and should have -- been an excellent OP. But --

Dear Snow Flakes...

-- you chose to get ugly. What a shame.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 07:20 AM
link   

If anything this should teach us that information "provided" or should I say fed to us is unreliable at best and is most likely created by companies who's bottom line might be affected if they were in fact harming our environment.

Our environment, I think those 2 words are by far the most important in this climate debate.

Reality is we are deficating in our own back yards, our rivers and our oceans.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   
There are definitely issues with the climate. I live in a temperate zone and we were seeing 90 degree weather until a few days ago. I have a friend that lives in Utah who was expecting 81 degree weather during the day and snow in the evening.

Even if there is debate over whether or not humans are significantly affecting the climate, if there's even a slight chance it is true, shouldn't we be doing everything we can to help perpetuate our ultimate survival?

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Dear Snow Flakes...

Yea, even for the thick skinned who know it's just part of today's political and ideological rhetorical climate... It just shows that the topic isn't really up for true discussion.

Minds have been made up, and when someone presents something like that, typically it's a team battle. So pride and team trumps any kind of constructive conversation.

Personally, I think many camps take climate change to far. One side acts like the world will end in a decade or two, the other acts like there isn't a problem. Personally I think they're both wrong, and like most topics, there is more nuance than any team is willing to admit.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Dear Snow Flakes...

Nah, it's still excellent. Sticks and stones and all that...

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Personally, I think many camps take climate change to far. One side acts like the world will end in a decade or two, the other acts like there isn't a problem. Personally I think they're both wrong, and like most topics, there is more nuance than any team is willing to admit.

You summed that up very well -- I agree.

In the larger debate/discussion, too often the extremes on either side purport to know what they cannot know, and present speculation and opinions as proven fact. Nuance is lost. Relevant variables are lost. Reason and perspective is lost. Curiosity and wonder is lost.

But the extremes yell louder and louder, drowning out the voices of thoughtfulness and reason in the middle.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: tjack

Nah, it's still excellent. Sticks and stones and all that...

Nothing "excellent" about picking a fight to boost the ego by insulting and alienating those who most need to know.

ATS is a forum to deny ignorance, not promote ignorance.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Dear Snow Flakes...

awesome. legit LOL. my belly hurts and i will show myself the door

the dear snowflakes bit
edit on 11-10-2019 by AnrkE because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Could it be that articles like this intentionally take the most extreme predictions from the most extreme models and pretend that is the consensus???

There is no consensus period on the rate and effects of climate change..

Climate change itself is VERY easy math..

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnrkE

Dear Snow Flakes...

awesome. legit LOL. my belly hurts and i will show myself the door

the dear snowflakes bit

A snowflake is someone who is unwilling to look at opinions that don't align with their ideology.

Automatically characterizing a debate is "you agree with me, or you're a snowflake" sets the rules for how a discussion goes forward. If you have to do that, are you open to critical conversation about a topic? If you're not, and your mind is made up, yet people are still willing to have a debate, are you ironically putting yourself in a camp you accuse the other of being in. This comes as no surprise as anyone who isolates themselves to extremes are often the hypocrites they accuse their opponents of being.

So we have two schools of thoughts for the extremes.

1. The world is ending in a time period someone alive now will see. Just by living our lives and being productive members of society we are (paraphrased) "taking kid's futures away from them, and damning them".

2. Nothing is wrong, don't talk about it or you're a soy boy liberal. If you find ways to try and mitigate hypothetical problems in a way that would create jobs and create a cleaner living space for everyone with little to no negative ramifications... You're just dumb for wasting your time with it when we could be fracking.

Neither seem open minded to an environment where we can all win. No, "my side has to win, and your's has to lose". Doesn't sound constructive to me.

Deny arrogance.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Nope. Green is the religion. Snowflakes won't budge unless shaken. Here they now block bridges etc... I have enough of the "
Turning the other cheek " bull.

Sheer

Jeff

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: LoveSolMoonDeath

Except most people aren't part of any extremist ideology. Most people are moderately minded, it's just the fringe are the most eye and ear catching.

The US is mostly independent, and I'd venture to guess most Americans would rather us have pragmatic approaches to our problems rather than pick from extremes.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: LoveSolMoonDeath

Nope. Green is the religion. Snowflakes won't budge unless shaken.

LOL! Do you really believe that? Or do you just think I'm fool enough to believe that? The reality proves otherwise. If that were true, then there would be no snowflakes anywhere because they've ALL been "shaken."

Here they now block bridges etc...

And? So? Are you such a snowflake that triggers you?

have enough of the "Turning the other cheek " bull.

Um... turn the other cheek? Really??? So... um... you somehow think people spouting nonsense or blocking bridges is somehow a direct attack on YOU? Who's the real snowflake here???

Sheesh.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Hahaha
No, I did not say every people caring about planet earth is an ass: but snowflakes are. Those you can shake (do I have to say without use of violence not for you to go sheesh?) Most peiple are not snowflakes. Get down those high horses

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: LoveSolMoonDeath
Hahaha
No, I did not say every people caring about planet earth is an ass...

I never even thought you said that... much less said it!

...but snowflakes are. Those you can shake (do I have to say without use of violence not for you to go sheesh?)

I do not even understand what you're trying to say...

Get down those high horses

Plural? Wow. I'm really talented! Do I have like one foot on each horse? How's that work exactly? I'm just trying to get a clear pic here of just how awesome I am...

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Here' how these snowflake made a direct attack on me

montrealgazette.com...

3 hours bocked in traffic on a major bridge. People having to get to job, to health care, to rdv: screw you!

Love snowflakes

Jeff

Ya

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Wow. I'm really talented! Do I have like one foot on each horse? How's that work exactly? I'm just trying to get a clear pic here of just how awesome I am...

Tough you were trying to have a discussion here. See you're so out of argument: you check if I use plural, I'm impressed. Google snowflake it may sound familiar. You come here to show express anger you can't in real life?

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Snowflake was a term coined by alt-right, neo-nazi types to show their pure, white ethnicity.
Once people mocked them on twitter for being fragile neo-nazis and alt-righters reacted by saying snowflake as often as possible. People don't like racism or facism, snowflakes!
Those massively upset by a Swedish teenager asking people to recycle more and, make thread after thread about her show their snowflakiness in abundance.
Then there are science deniers who trust a youtuber over the entire planet's scientists.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Dear Snow Flakes...

Meh, think of it as literal. Literally, if the OP is correct, those actual snow flakes won't be melting anytime soon.

As for the figurative ones who get triggered by the word "snowflake"? You tell me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join