It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we seeing the rebirth of the 50’s

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Watching the protests in MN after the Trump rally . These young violent urban protesters are just building the racial wall ! We will soon see Trump win again and keep his motor running on white fear and displacement! I’m white and during the 80s I felt race issues were at least in a better state . The powers that be want the poor and people of color under control ! I think Trump is not part of that group who wants to keep the poor down ! He is a Nationalist who sees the world in black and white . Trump is fascinating to watch . Obama gas lite the people of color that Regan did not create wealth and in reality the Clintons on through to Obama have fleeced people of color of money and support for next to little in return . The Bush’s and Clinton have killed many people of color in non stop Mid East wars and Bosnia . My grandmother told me that in the 50s people of color lived in many neighbourhoods as well as yet segregated middle class black neighbourhoods in manufacturing towns . The 50s were far from perfect , yet I feel hope for a new birth of pragmatic humanistic morals . Is Trump the guy who sinks the loons of the left and softens the right enough to create a new J.F.K ? We could only hope ! Obama and Trump were outsiders ! Extremes and with Hegel’s dialectics we get a hybrid in 5 years ( new JFK type ) A Neo 50s Neo 60s could be great for all of us . Minus our mistakes from then ! Simple right ? ....

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: SulfurMercurySalt
Watching the protests in MN after the Trump rally . These young violent urban protesters are just building the racial wall ! We will soon see Trump win again and keep his motor running on white fear and displacement! I’m white and during the 80s I felt race issues were at least in a better state . The powers that be want the poor and people of color under control ! I think Trump is not part of that group who wants to keep the poor down ! He is a Nationalist who sees the world in black and white . Trump is fascinating to watch . Obama gas lite the people of color that Regan did not create wealth and in reality the Clintons on through to Obama have fleeced people of color of money and support for next to little in return . The Bush’s and Clinton have killed many people of color in non stop Mid East wars and Bosnia . My grandmother told me that in the 50s people of color lived in many neighbourhoods as well as yet segregated middle class black neighbourhoods in manufacturing towns . The 50s were far from perfect , yet I feel hope for a new birth of pragmatic humanistic morals . Is Trump the guy who sinks the loons of the left and softens the right enough to create a new J.F.K ? We could only hope ! Obama and Trump were outsiders ! Extremes and with Hegel’s dialectics we get a hybrid in 5 years ( new JFK type ) A Neo 50s Neo 60s could be great for all of us . Minus our mistakes from then ! Simple right ? ....

Sadly... look what happened to JFK...

For once you folks in the USA have a president who is busting his bollocks off to change and repair the damage done by past administrations...

MSM and ULTRA Radical people are in TOTAL SPACKER mode because times are a changing and they cannot handle positive change...!

Go for it Mr Trump and make your citizens and your country great again without showing the world that you are the planets playground bully as past administrations have done so after JFK.

From a Brit living in France.

Lags

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I realise this thread is about the US. But there cant be that many around that

can remember 'living' through the 50's? and that is exactly what is cropping up

in the UK over Brexit, where those wishing to remain in the EU all believe that

anyone who remembers the 50's are the ones who voted to leave and that their

experience of life is worth exactly zilch!!!

Old fashioned ideas of respect, manners, consideration, have disappeared along

with the 50's which was not long after a war........ I think the young are behaving

in an entitled and rabid way because they never knew the 50's .

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: SulfurMercurySalt

I think there is a least one big difference between then and now.
The fifties, and then the sixties found the USA the only industrial nation that had not been physically devistated by WWII.. The production capacity of American industry reigned supreme and unchallenged for those two decades. American industry supplied the worlds goods and our economy boomed.

This is all different now and this being the case, i doubt that the social and economic conditions will foster anything like what we saw in that earlier period.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

My personal memories of the 50's are few, no more than mental snapshots mostly.

But I remember later watching tapes of the McCarthy hearings. Good times.

Not sure of the timing of the duck and cover drills, may have been in the late fifties when we started doint that, but also good times.

Good times for certain people in certain southern states, as well.

Good old days. America was great.

Looking to the past is a fine way to avoid mistakes. What was it Santayana said?

I don't want the 50s to come back but if someone could start making music like the late 60s and early 70s, that would be awesome.

edit on 10/11/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 04:07 AM
link   
"watching tapes of the McCarthy hearings. Good times. "

That! is a strange thing to say.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

“Good times” doesn’t mean good times like you think.

Good times when I had to swab the deck with a hand towel for punishment, oh the memories.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Ironically, those hearings were about the USSR interfering with America’s political process, by placing communist agents is Washington. Wasn’t that what the mueller report was all about....well not soviet communist, because the communist know run the witch hunts. Amazingly, That was what McCarthyism was trying to prevent.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: eletheia

My personal memories of the 50's are few, no more than mental snapshots mostly.

But I remember later watching tapes of the McCarthy hearings. Good times.

Not sure of the timing of the duck and cover drills, may have been in the late fifties when we started doint that, but also good times.

Good times for certain people in certain southern states, as well.

Good old days. America was great.

Looking to the past is a fine way to avoid mistakes. What was it Santayana said?

I don't want the 50s to come back but if someone could start making music like the late 60s and early 70s, that would be awesome.

I was born in the mid 60s, so my childhood memories are mostly from the 70s. But for some reason I find myself nostalgic for the 50s era.

As far as music goes, I agree. If there could be the same type of movement in the music scene that we saw back then, it could produce some new and interesting music to be sure.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   

I we going to see black people being hit with fire hoses?

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   
The question we should be asking is how incredibly non-thinking do you have to be to let your most ignorant and ill-intentioned enemy define you? Identity politics are not even politics -- it is a weapon meant to demean you and strip you of any real shred of individuality and true purpose. You become nothing more than a puppet for your masters. There is a reason why China, Russia and every foreign troll in-between has been sowing disorder in the West by pushing that button repeatedly.

Identity politics decimated the right to the point where they became little more than a caricature of themselves and couldn't even stop a bloviating madman from running roughshod over their primaries. And now the same is happening on the left. Again, this is not by accident. It is being seized upon by entities meant to do us harm and see our complete and utter annihilation.

Wake the hell up.
edit on 11-10-2019 by sooth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Well said ! I agree . 70s and 80s for me ! After Regan stuff got poopy ! Trump is blazing a new trail

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Sixties music was great , but the dynamic sound of the 70s music and Films are second to none . IMO

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   
They are still getting hit ! Read my last sentence

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Top Aces to you ! Great reply

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Oddly enough, the democrats were the ones that were running rabid and trying to stop the progression of equal rights in the 50's and 60's, just like they're doing today. Try being a black Trump supporter, or a gay Trump supporter, or a female Trump supporter. The democrats treat them almost as bad as they treated them in the 50's and 60's.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

If the democrats could have it their way, we'd be back to those "times" in the 50's. Unfortunately for them, there are too many Republicans standing in the way of letting that happen again.

It's funny that nobody mentions how great it would be to step back into the 50's with equal rights and today's advanced medicine.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: SulfurMercurySalt
Sixties music was great , but the dynamic sound of the 70s music and Films are second to none . IMO

edit on 11-10-2019 by LSU2018 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: 38181

“Good times” doesn’t mean good times like you think.

Good times when I had to swab the deck with a hand towel for punishment, oh the memories.

Do not lie, you brought it on your self swabby 😁

the 50's ideal is quite different than the 50's reality

But Phage knows that, it's like how Oahu was in the 80's as compared to now.

in 50's ideal was everyone could work and everyone could get ahead.

were there a-holes, yup , are there a-holes now? yup.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I own that album and Strange Magic is one of the 70s best

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join