It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey's Syria invasion: Member of US Special Forces says, 'I am ashamed for the first time in my

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 05:10 AM
link   

A member of U.S. Special Forces serving alongside the Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) in Syria told Fox News' Jennifer Griffin on Wednesday they were witnessing Turkish atrocities on the frontlines.

“I am ashamed for the first time in my career,” said the distraught soldier, who has been involved in the training of indigenous forces on multiple continents. The service member, whom Griffin described as "hardened," is among the 1,000 or so U.S. troops who remain in Syria.

Turkey's Syria invasion: Member of US Special Forces says, 'I am ashamed for the first time in my career'

This one is going to anger the Trump administrations otherwise loyal core base.

As much as they like "The Donald" they tend to identify with and admire our troops a lot more.

I'm sure Trump & his political team knew the Dems wouldn't like this and would squawk, but I think they were counting on the loyalty of his core base on this issue and so they figured they could weather the storm.

Without his core base, the man is truly an island.

It's going to get interesting.

edit on 10/10/2019 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 05:48 AM
link   
There has never been a soldier alive who has not held deeply resentful feelings when allies are abandoned after promises were made.. I understand his hurt and resentment and I do share the same resentment and hurt for the Kurds...

We should have never been in Syria trying to overthrow another government, PERIOD !

Trump said we have spent 6 trillion dollars fighting in the Mid-east which is 7000 miles away.. When is enough enough ? I agree with both Trump and our special forces war fighter..

I always have a mental picture of the South Vietnamese troops in Saigon on the Friday before the Monday Nam fell and all those at the Embassy gate who had been promises safety and a ride out watch the last helicopter depart without them.. War sucks.. People get killed and promises are a matter of convenience to way to many governments and war planners.. Useful Pawns on a chess board..

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

The whole ME is a total mess because of a Brit and Frenchman getting a straight edged ruler out during WW1 and dividing up the Turkish Empire between them. Until proper borders based on ethno religious lines are drawn up then nothing is going to change. Sad to see it happen but a massive war is inevitable over there and in some ways is needed in order to create proper borders and get rid of the artificial ones created by the Brits and French. It'll sort itself out a bit like Europe did decades ago. No guilt on America's part for that madness one hundred years ago. Plus it's not European civilisation you are trying to protect, it's another world really and one you can't supervise your own beliefs on, it just won't work, let them get it on and keep your own young men and ladies safe from sacrificing their own lives and their own wealth for something a world away.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 06:01 AM
link   

He's out there training guys, most likely making friends. So I understand where he's coming from.

But babysitting the ME isn't our job and it's not worth American lives. There isn't going to be a great time to leave, but we do need to leave.

So give him a pat on the ass, tell him good job then he can come over to my shop and I'll give him a straw to suck it up.
edit on 10-10-2019 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 06:23 AM
link   

As much as they like "The Donald" they tend to identify with and admire our troops a lot more.

Hahahahahahahahahaha

No, they don’t.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Are you suggesting we have a full scale invasion/war and steal land from Syria and/or other countries and give it to the Kurds?

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 06:57 AM
link   
What happens if the pressure gets to be overwhelming for the Kurds holding the ISIS fighters and the ISIS fighters are freed

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Are you suggesting we have a full scale invasion/war and steal land from Syria and/or other countries and give it to the Kurds?

I'm not suggesting anything.

I'm simply saying that Trump will probably face political fallout from all sides on this issue.

Do you disagree?

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 06:59 AM
link   
RUSSIA keeps making wins...

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Hahahahahahahahahaha

No, they don’t.

I know a lot of folks in MAGA country. I even asked a few of them what they thought of this.

Hint: They aren't happy with Trump's move but they *love* our troops.

It seems that you don't though.

To each his own...

Carry on...

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

We just had a Kurdish lady on the radio here in the UK saying many of the Turkish invaders are jihadi irregulars and being used by Turkey to ethnic cleanse northern Syria of Kurds. She said many people in the Kurdish cities in north Syria were sanctuary places full of Syrian Christians who were being protected by the Kurds from ISIS........................ Now Turkey is sending in ISIS affiliated groups. She said they will enslave the Christians in the cities

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13
What happens if the pressure gets to be overwhelming for the Kurds holding the ISIS fighters and the ISIS fighters are freed

Good question.

What do you think will happen in that event?

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

We just had a Kurdish lady on the radio here in the UK saying many of the Turkish invaders are jihadi irregulars and being used by Turkey to ethnic cleanse northern Syria of Kurds. She said many people in the Kurdish cities in north Syria were sanctuary places full of Syrian Christians who were being protected by the Kurds from ISIS........................ Now Turkey is sending in ISIS affiliated groups. She said they will enslave the Christians in the cities

Damn.

I hope that is not the case.

I guess we'll all have to see how this plays out.

I'll say a prayer for the Christians in those cities though, as that seems apropos and it's really the only thing any of us can do anyway.

edit on 10/10/2019 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

It would be nice if Trump actually followed through on his threats. Turkey's timing and targets were definitely not coincidental.

Erdogan was testing how serious Trump actually was in defending the Kurds. His response was to erase the Kurds' contribution to the Allies in WWII.

Trump pretty much told Erdogan that he now has carte blanche to do whatever he wants to the Kurds and will not receive any kind of punishment.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I think the ISIS fighters if released will follow past methods of dealing with political games and reintegrate into EurAsia. Some will try to make it into US. They may change their name AGAIN.
What happens next, your guess is as good as mine.

edit on 10/10/19 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 07:07 AM
link   

I know a lot of folks in MAGA country. I even asked a few of them what they thought of this. Hint: They aren't happy with Trump's move but they *love* our troops.

Oh wow man your completely anecdotal story has totally changed my mind. Incredible point you’ve made.

It seems that you don't though.

And you got that from......what? My statement that given a choice your average Trump supporter is going to pick Trump over a random soldier? Ouch, you must’ve thrown out a shoulder when you reached that hard.

Carry on...

Thanks man, I will.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   

from what i heard yesterday Kurds are already leaving the POW camps to go fight against turkey. so when those ISIS attack U.S. basses and kill Americans, it's on trumps head. i'm truly disappointed in trump. thought he was doing a damn good job for never being in politics before, but this is just a shame.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

I cannot see how THOSE IN POWER cannot understand potential outcomes. Trying to keep a optimistic view. Not easy.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Trump supporters love our troops?,,,,,yeah, I'll agree with you on that one.

What I don't agree with is thinking that pulling our troops out of harms way is looked at as a bad thing. I love that concept....

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

It would be nice if Trump actually followed through on his threats. Turkey's timing and targets were definitely not coincidental.

Erdogan was testing how serious Trump actually was in defending the Kurds. His response was to erase the Kurds' contribution to the Allies in WWII.

Trump pretty much told Erdogan that he now has carte blanche to do whatever he wants to the Kurds and will not receive any kind of punishment.

You're probably right and that's awful no matter which side of the issue you're on.

If Erdogan gets really out of hand in this regard I would hope that world opinion and public outcry will dissuade him from doing anything more along those lines. Maybe certain countries that feel very strongly about it can also cut diplomatic and trade ties with Turkey so as to register their very strong opposition.

But the almighty dollar carries an awful lot of clout too.

So, will those countries vote and/or act out of concern for their pocketbook or for their conscience?

We'll see I guess.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join