It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Botham Jean's neighbor, a key witness in Amber Guyger trial, shot to death in Dallas

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 11:26 PM
link   

A key witness in Amber Guyger's murder trial was shot and killed Friday evening at an apartment complex near Dallas' Medical District, authorities said.

Joshua Brown, a neighbor of Botham Jean's and Guyger at the South Side Flats apartments, was slain about 10:30 p.m. in the 4600 block of Cedar Springs Road.

Brown, 28, lived across the hall from Jean and testified about the night he was killed.

A preliminary investigation shows Brown was shot in the back and thigh, a government official said on condition of anonymity.

Dallas County prosecutor Jason Hermus, the lead prosecutor in the Guyger case, said Saturday that Brown stood up at a time when others won't say what they know.

"He bravely came forward to testify when others wouldn't, " Hermus said. "If we had more people like him, we would have a better world."

Link

Hard to not believe this is revenge for testimony in the trial. The investigation might tell much about it by how well it is done.

Doing the right thing so often appears to be the wrong in life.

It might be some random shooting but the timing seems very suspicious.
edit on 10/5/2019 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Maybe doing the right thing = his death, which = getting to leave this abomination of a reality? Look towards the hidden positive.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 11:36 PM
link   
There's no way this can turn out good

Someone got butthurt and just had to jump.....musta felt

FROGGY
edit on 5-10-2019 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 11:39 PM
link   
It's not random.
It was too good to be true what happened with justice in this town last week.
Somebody had to ruin it for some purpose.

ganjoa

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Officers were flagged down by witnesses who directed them to Brown, who was lying on the ground of the apartment parking lot with multiple gunshot wounds. He was transported to Parkland Memorial Hospital, where he died from his injuries, according to a statement from Dallas police.

Witnesses told police they heard several gunshots and saw a silver, four-door sedan speed out of the parking lot, police said.

Brown had no identification on him, so police couldn’t identify him until the medical examiner made a positive ID and notified the next of kin.

Link

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Sigh. This sucks so much. I hope this post gets more attention. Seems like a significant portion of the people engaging in discussions and/or making threads are reflexively right-ring if not exactly "bootlickers". Short-time lurker. Decided, finally, to participate. As this is my first-ever reply, I'm not intending to offend anyone. Just being honest; not tryna start #.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Obviously, don't want to make any judgments without the facts -- but certainly appears suspicious to say the least. I would hope that this police force not only wouldn't be this evil, but also that incredibly stupid. If this came back to them then they just created a war zone where they live and work.

That being said, could be many things. Could just be a coincidence. Or could be some No-Name Maddox like lunatic trying to ignite Helter Skelter just so they can watch the world burn. How many stories like this have we seen in just the last couple years where everyone jumped on a certain narrative just to have it have a twist ending? And people are just burying themselves in their confirmation bias without weighing any evidence or facts. I ran into a guy the other day that was still somehow screaming about Justice for Jussie for crissakes...

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 01:46 AM
link   
It could also be a neighbor who believes "snitches get stitches and wind up in ditches." Just saying it's to early to jump to conclusions.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Wow!

If the cops aren't looking into this as being related to his testimony in that trial, they are either complete morons or there was a significant payoff at a very senior level in Dallas.

The Dallas police...

The same police force that couldn't keep JFK safe when he visited Dallas in 1963. Same police force that had the lead suspect in one of the most horrific moments in US history - the assassination of the President of the United States - shot and killed "while he was in their custody"!!

Are you flockin' kidding me?

Sure inspires a lot of confidence, doesn't it?

edit on 10/6/2019 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 07:36 AM
link   
First, you have to realize where he was when he died, that area is VERY crime ridden, lots of Hispanic gangs there too. I lived in Dallas and the Dallas area for 62 years, I worked in the Cedar Springs area back in the early 70's through the mid 90's, it was not a nice area even then.
Low rent areas, poor people (when it itself is not bad) and drugs have taken that area, plus, I believe prostitution.
Harry Hines Blvd. used to be prostitutes galore, standing on almost every corner, I have no idea how bad it is today, or, if it is at all.

Bars are everywhere in the Cedar Springs area, and not one of them is a place that I would go. With all of the above, you will get areas that stay sleazy, so what's to say that he wasn't there for illicit reasons. It's too early to tell right now.
Even where the guy lived is smack dab in the middle of a REALLY bad area, close to downtown. There are some really crazy people in that area, just because you try and rebuild it and have professional people move in the area there, doesn't mean that the crime left. Downtown Dallas is completely surrounded by bad neighborhoods.

Not to say that something isn't really going on with this story's thought, but it could be that is 'just happened', because, there, it's way too easy for that kind of thing to happen.
I am not arguing the point brought up here really, but there is another side to stuff like this, way too often.

By the way, when I was a teen-ager I was very familiar with the police, them threatening me, harassing me, and actually being beat up (in jail) one time by a jailer. So, I know they can be evil, but even though, I knew then that cops are people they can be good or bad, most are good.
I give respect only when respect is due.
edit on 6-10-2019 by recrisp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Ambushed as he left his car. I imagine no ID (maybe then no wallet) either is robbery or to look like robbery.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   
They shot him in his mouth...

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jay Electronica

Sounds like a message, doesn't it.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jay Electronica

Being shot in the mouth may be intentional, or it could be that the shooter was just shooting wildly, we don't know yet.
Jumping to gangster type shooting with a message might be the story, but just as much as that may sound credible, it might just be that he was shot from a distance, it could've been just by chance.

I had a friend (for years) that was in a bar not far from this area playing pool for money with a few guys, one guy lost and wouldn't pay up, my friend is really hard-headed. He pushed it too far and the guy he was playing with pulled a .38 and shot him 6 times point blank, several times in his abdomen, and once in his mouth, he didn't shoot him purposely in the mouth, that is just where 'one of the bullets' ended up.
He chased that guy out of the bar and down the street, only then realizing that he'd been shot.
He lived, but by just pure chance he was shot in the mouth, nothing to do with a 'hit' type situation, just stupid stuff, that's all.
My friend from growing up was just crazy, always doing crazy stuff, he lived that life.

So far, this guy, Brown, that was just shot sounds like he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time, or, it could turn out that is not true at all, but we just don't know the full story yet either.
Even if that is a good neighborhood, the criminals go to the better neighborhoods too so they can rob the unsuspecting.

Just putting this out there, the majority of Dallas proper is not a safe place, for miles and miles it is crime ridden, in every direction, I know that for a fact, I only recently stopped having to be around that area due to me moving to a small town northeast of that area.

North Dallas used to be for the upper-class..., No more.
The upper classes have moved north to Denton, Flower Mound, Grapevine, McKinney and Plano.

East Dallas is a rough place now, that is where I grew up, even the once very nice neighborhoods in far east Dallas is not safe.

West Dallas has been a really bad area since I can remember even in the 50's, it still is, although they are trying to bring it back, good luck with that.

South Dallas has been bad news since the late 60's and early 70's, the once nice areas are not safe at all, even though it was a one affluent area.
Some areas there though have always been really, really poor and well, crime is rampant in those places, mostly.
I know of an area there that they carry rifles and guns around like it was nothing, it's around the Trinity River bottoms area, but that is just a rock's throw from downtown, just right across I-30.

So I can't say that there is a nice area there anymore, if there is, it's a relatively small area.

With crime like Dallas has, it's no wonder that people are shot dead.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   
It's fishy
Let's rewind a bit.

The witness has been identified only as Bunny and has stated that she recorded Guyger on her cellphone after hearing the fatal shots and Botham asking Guyger why did you shoot me. That video was seized by prosecutors and has not been seen by the public. In addition, she was placed under a gag order by the prosecution and cannot discuss the details of the video in public. Despite the fact she was only a witness to the shooting, she has received death threats and now she says she has been fired from her job.

According to her, people began contacting the pharmaceutical company where she worked claiming that she was a radical, anti-police and a Black extremist. As a result, she claims the company did not want the publicity and fired her as well as revoking the credentials of her profession.

Link

She says her video was online to be seen though. Loses job and credentials.

So much for being a witness. Sounds like she was intimidated by the authorities.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
It's fishy
Let's rewind a bit.

The witness has been identified only as Bunny and has stated that she recorded Guyger on her cellphone after hearing the fatal shots and Botham asking Guyger why did you shoot me. That video was seized by prosecutors and has not been seen by the public. In addition, she was placed under a gag order by the prosecution and cannot discuss the details of the video in public. Despite the fact she was only a witness to the shooting, she has received death threats and now she says she has been fired from her job.

According to her, people began contacting the pharmaceutical company where she worked claiming that she was a radical, anti-police and a Black extremist. As a result, she claims the company did not want the publicity and fired her as well as revoking the credentials of her profession.

Link

She says her video was online to be seen though. Loses job and credentials.

So much for being a witness. Sounds like she was intimidated by the authorities.

Now see, this is really something, this is actually something to go on, after watching this, I am seriously having doubts about some of what I posted earlier, this young woman seems to be as legitimate as one can get.
The interviewer though, he is VERY leading, he twists some stuff and as an interviewer really shouldn't.
He also makes it about race too, which, I have not seen a thing with Botham, Guyger, or Bunny to make me think there is nothing that makes it about black or white.
The interviewer did a really GOOD job on some things, but BAD on others, but questions that needed asking, were asked, which is good.

To be honest, I haven't kept up to date on a lot of the trial, and the happenings surrounding it, and I learned things today.

When Bunny said that she didn't hear Amber talking to the police while on the phone, but possibly to a friend, etc., that right there is strange.
If there is a cover-up, and there appears to be (at least to me) it starts with that call.

The officials apparently were up to something, Bunny had no reason at all that I can think of to say anything against Amber, she was only trying to help.
Cops DO stick together, I do know that, they consider themselves a family, while that can be good, it can also be not-so-good, as in situations like this. I can sure see how they would try to persuade her to change her tune, and it really sickens me to hear what I heard in that video.
I have cousins that were dating, and married to cops, 3 of them in total, I learned a lot by hearing how the cops lived their lives, it wasn't good. One was a Captain too...

Thank you for posting that video, that says a LOT!

Getting back to Brown, the guy that was also a witness, now I can see how things might not be as they seem.

I feel really sorry for Bunny, I am sure that not only is she afraid for her life, now, after the fact that Brown was killed, but her life, as it stands now is either ruined, or in a standstill, all because she came forward and tried to do the right thing.

Earlier in my posts above I was saying that it's early to make judgements on things, at this point in the murder investigation of Brown's killer(s) anything is possible, and after hearing Bunny's tale, God only knows what happened on all of it.

Please keep us informed on this, I was completely unaware of this video, surely there is more to it all that we didn't hear about.

Thank you!
edit on 6-10-2019 by recrisp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: recrisp

I basically agree with your points. There was a bit a bias by the interviewer but Bunny comes across honest and unbiased.

I get the impression they didn't bring her to the trial. Too honest for either side?

None of this is a surprise though and that is sad.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I'm pretty shocked that she wasn't a juror also. Somebody may have set it up that way, 'cause, you know.

Very interesting stuff though, 2019 has been a year to remember when it comes to court cases...

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I think you meant witness in the trial.

Waiting to see what happens with the investigation of Mr Brown's death.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

I think you meant witness in the trial.

Waiting to see what happens with the investigation of Mr Brown's death.

Aye, that I did!

That will be interesting to see, let us know if you find out more, and I will too.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join