It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explain How and Why the Universe Exists

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Andy you said the bible was full of hypocrisy, where
You said priests wanted to keep their status quo,where

Come on Andy, it’s not hard to do

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

You right it not hard. LoL

Everywhere Christianity has laid its head Raggedyman.

You may wish to Google the hypocrisy contained within the Bible.

Or simply compare the dude in the first testament to the last coz that's not the same God mate in spades.

Whats not hard is to see is our organized religious practice for what it is aka brainwashing and conditioning with no factual evidence whatsoever.

Else present such.

Why does God want our monies if he's omnipotent, does Heaven have a World Bank?

Aside from the Vatican of course, whos currency extends to young boys, never mind gold.

What does God do with all that monies and Gold???

I mean we ken what some priests do, that being gathering information on their subjects and beasting there weans for sport.

edit on 6-10-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   

God creates His equal, humanity, for relationship, to love and care for an be loved and cared for. The universe was created for us to exist and learn and grow in so we can learn right from wrong

You do not worship or pray to your equals. Maybe you don't know what equal means?

The OP explicitly requested a science perspective, not creationist dogma. Feel free to revisit the original post.

Please do not give a creationist view - I'm not saying that is impossible - But we already know about creationist viewpoints. 

I would like to hear a scientific/philosophical perspective - even if it is weird or strange. 

So far this pissing contest has yielded nothing new...
edit on 6-10-2019 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   

My boats sunk???

Think that might have been Noah's ark ya fool short of it being a Tardis. x

Just like your Bible, your full of nothing but pish and wind.

I know a religious nutter when i come across one.

Hi Kermit. x

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: AyinSof

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
a reply to: AyinSof
The seer the seen and seeing..... 3 in 1.

Who is the seer? Father?
Who is the seen? Son?
Who is the watcher? Holy Spirit?

seer and seeing = same

No who.... just this that is.....the one life simply happening.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Thanks for your reply. I do understand why you have a problem with the sacred books. I like to study them and they all have a lot in common. I dont know what. But I will say this. Something very special happened to us in the past. Different cultures did there best to record this and now for the first time in history we can really look at all this stuff and say what was going on.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

And around, and around, and around, and round you go Itisnowagain.

Ile gives you this, your consistent.

Whos life, yours, mine, my dogs the hamsters or Darth fecking Vaders?

I mean you must see your predicament?

Who are you taking to if not other people that are separate from yourself?

Maybe we are all BOTS or have the voices in your head learned to type?

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

Can you tell me please why i have a problem?

I don't mind religion per-say mate, its the organized part i have an issue with.

People seem to get hurt too often down to such.

I do however understand that it affords people enormous peace of mind.

History is written by the victors seldom the vanquished, although the information age in which we live somewhat mitigates the problem we are still doomed to repeat our past historical transgressions from one generation to the next.

We refuse to learn or compromise, and imho, a lot of that's down to organized religious practice.

They think Gods coming to save them so why worry, its all going to plan. Accept there may very well be no plan, or the plan may be that there is no plan.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Can you tell me please why i have a problem?

Sorry I thought I did. You have a problem in large because you do not understand what you are reading when studying these books. You have not been given the correct tools to read the information correctly and because of this are unable to come to any type of correct conclusion.

This is done on purpose by the elite to deny us our true spiritual history.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   

History is written by the victors seldom the vanquished, although the information age in which we live somewhat mitigates the problem we are still doomed to repeat our past historical transgression

Yes we will repeat. Our spiritual cycles go around and around. Have a look at th Yuga Cycles. 24k cycles. They are very real and the again I say the truth of your history is kept away from you.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Well thanx for the input.

If only it was that simple.

Thing is those elite are and always have been part of the priest castes linked to our organized religious practices.

And we are as awake as we are going to be for the time being, nobody is denying spirituality, aside from the Bible of course, or if you disagree they are not apt to be open to your alternative suggestions down to the infallibility of there God.

Infallibility???

And yet here we are, if thats not fallible im not sure what is.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   

You call them Yuga Cycles, ile call them Epochs, same crap different wrapping paper.

As to repetition.

Well, lets not continue to do that.

Nature does not like it and neither does common sense.

Then again common sense and the Biblical account of God are pretty much apples and oranges.

Ever wonder what will happen if you don't go into the light?

Might end up the same place God came from with your very own pocket universe to play around with.

Im thinking reincarnation, karma, and all that jazz may be the ultimate trick, that is of course if we exist after we shuffle off our mortal coil.

What if the light is just like firing another 50p into the arcade cabinet?

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

God creates His equal, humanity, for relationship, to love and care for an be loved and cared for. The universe was created for us to exist and learn and grow in so we can learn right from wrong

You do not worship or pray to your equals. Maybe you don't know what equal means?

The OP explicitly requested a science perspective, not creationist dogma. Feel free to revisit the original post.

Please do not give a creationist view - I'm not saying that is impossible - But we already know about creationist viewpoints. 

I would like to hear a scientific/philosophical perspective - even if it is weird or strange. 

Funny, then scientific belief on this subject is dogma, faith and assumption

There is no scientific perspective

As for worshiping, praying to our equals. We are not quite there yet, just in case you didn’t notice and just to add a little more, it’s only my opinion and I could be wrong

Everybody here keeps telling me They have a right to express my opinion but I don’t? Because it offends you?

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlienView
Your a person of reason and logic - And science answers many of your questions about the universe around you,

But if fails miserably when it comes to explaining the existent state itself - Why is this universe here

I'm listening to a recent physics symposium with some of your big shots of modern physics, Brian Greene, etc., etc.

It was on Einstein and Relativity - and at one point they got into the popular 'Big Bang' theory that tries to explain how it all began
-- supposedly from a very small space to where we are now.

This doe not work! - Since we didn't have any space yet, how can you say the universe began from a very small space?

Actually you can't - But they do because the expanding universe observations fit the paradigm.

I say that is not evidence that everything began in a very small space, does not explain where the energy came from in the first place
to cause this hypothetical small space to rapidly expand into a universe........

Another words they have no idea why the universe exists or where it came from - Where the energy for it came from, etc.

“We have no right to assume that any physical laws exist,
or if they have existed up to now,
that they will continue to exist in a similar manner in the future.”
― Max Planck, The Universe in the Light of Modern Physics

Interesting post - Especially if you're a creationist or like to debate creationists.

BUT THIS IS NOT THE POST I STARTED - SPECIFICALLY I STATED:

"Please do not give a creationist view - I'm not saying that is impossible - But we already know about creationist viewpoints. I would like to hear a scientific/philosophical perspective - even if it is weird or strange.

But go ahead, knock yourselves out about the subject some seem obsessed with - The need to prove a personal god.

But this is a large forum, with all manner of sections to post religious ideology - why pick on us who don't wnat to
hear about it - Are you trying to prove Atheists are right and religion is based upon delusional fanaticism?

“For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can't readily accept the God formula, the big answers don't remain stone-written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command nor faith a dictum. I am my own god. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.”
― Charles Bukowski

“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.”
― Christopher Hitchens

“Is man merely a mistake of God's? Or God merely a mistake of man?”
― Friedrich Nietzsche

“I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day.”
― Douglas Adams, The Salmon of Doubt

“There is something infantile in the presumption that somebody else has a responsibility to give your life meaning and point… The truly adult view, by contrast, is that our life is as meaningful, as full and as wonderful as we choose to make it.”
― Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

And finally from a famous writer/believer:

“Atheism turns out to be too simple. If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning...”
― C.S. Lewis

Now can we get back to the original post

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: AyinSof
Hindus say Vishnu is dreaming this universe.

I say YHWH opened his eyes and that was the big bang.

Before that he was sleeping or resting.

Ummm...no...Just no...

Rest energy...is when we find accreted matter...within the construct of the universe...

Therefore...this...at rest state...is the Dreamtime...

The first part of your description is correct...

The dream bifurcated...then brachiated...then individuated...

Life is the animating factor of individuation...the program that forms the code where trait and endless replication resolve as...”I think...therefore I am...”the reflection of...”I am...therefore I think”...

When we mirror this concept...there is the guiding principle...the expressed realism of dream individuation...

Such is evolution...only an subsequent iteration in a seemingly endless array of individuated...expressed iterations...

Such is the...I...within the construct...the coded...categorized individua...expressed as...ID...

YouSir

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
I'm still trying to figure out why God needs humans to make all his plans work.

Well, your first problem is a flawed premise...

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: NorEaster

the closest information i have encountered to the information you have presented is the Laws of Form by G. Spencer-Brown.

i can't say that i totally understand mr. browns work, any more than i understand yours. but i find the examination of the "rubber meets the road" meta/physic both beautiful and fascinating.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 04:19 AM
link   
So creation is just one part of existence.. but it is one of great attachment because of curiosity.. (I am a male Baboon)

The attachment is made of both fear and pride!

Meta attachment is a n idea of net sequitur flow(chart-map-kosher@etc)

Meta attachment is studying the workings of things (existential ideas.. and existential things)

As a
Japanese Macaque I am prone to using the sword (Katana, ¥ Or maybe even nun chucku)

I have armed my self.. with the second amendment..

So why are drugs considered unnatural? Arent they a part of creation too?

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Funny, then scientific belief on this subject is dogma, faith and assumption

There is no scientific perspective

As for worshiping, praying to our equals. We are not quite there yet, just in case you didn’t notice and just to add a little more, it’s only my opinion and I could be wrong

Everybody here keeps telling me They have a right to express my opinion but I don’t? Because it offends you?

Feel free to express your opinion in an arena made for dissecting and debunking it.

Also appears the OP has returned for the purpose of underlining the point I made earlier about the focus of this discussion. Less cult dogma and more scientific observation and theory.
edit on 7-10-2019 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Your a person of reason and logic - And science answers many of your questions about the universe around you,

But if fails miserably when it comes to explaining the existent state itself - Why is this universe here

I'm listening to a recent physics symposium with some of your big shots of modern physics, Brian Greene, etc., etc.

It was on Einstein and Relativity - and at one point they got into the popular 'Big Bang' theory that tries to explain how it all began
-- supposedly from a very small space to where we are now.

This doe not work! - Since we didn't have any space yet, how can you say the universe began from a very small space?

Actually you can't - But they do because the expanding universe observations fit the paradigm.

I say that is not evidence that everything began in a very small space, does not explain where the energy came from in the first place
to cause this hypothetical small space to rapidly expand into a universe........

Another words they have no idea why the universe exists or where it came from - Where the energy for it came from, etc.

“We have no right to assume that any physical laws exist,
or if they have existed up to now,
that they will continue to exist in a similar manner in the future.”
― Max Planck, The Universe in the Light of Modern Physics

Interesting post - Especially if you're a creationist or like to debate creationists.

BUT THIS IS NOT THE POST I STARTED - SPECIFICALLY I STATED:

"Please do not give a creationist view - I'm not saying that is impossible - But we already know about creationist viewpoints. I would like to hear a scientific/philosophical perspective - even if it is weird or strange.

But go ahead, knock yourselves out about the subject some seem obsessed with - The need to prove a personal god.

But this is a large forum, with all manner of sections to post religious ideology - why pick on us who don't wnat to
hear about it - Are you trying to prove Atheists are right and religion is based upon delusional fanaticism?

“For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can't readily accept the God formula, the big answers don't remain stone-written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command nor faith a dictum. I am my own god. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.”
― Charles Bukowski

“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.”
― Christopher Hitchens

“Is man merely a mistake of God's? Or God merely a mistake of man?”
― Friedrich Nietzsche

“I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day.”
― Douglas Adams, The Salmon of Doubt

“There is something infantile in the presumption that somebody else has a responsibility to give your life meaning and point… The truly adult view, by contrast, is that our life is as meaningful, as full and as wonderful as we choose to make it.”
― Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

And finally from a famous writer/believer:

“Atheism turns out to be too simple. If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning...”
― C.S. Lewis

Now can we get back to the original post

I wish you could post opinions without quoting other people like their words are a substitute for telling us what you think and why. I also wish you would actually respond to what I have posted so far because being ignored is very rude when you are supposed to be "hosting" this discussion.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join