It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explain How and Why the Universe Exists

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Your a person of reason and logic - And science answers many of your questions about the universe around you,

But if fails miserably when it comes to explaining the existent state itself - Why is this universe here

I'm listening to a recent physics symposium with some of your big shots of modern physics, Brian Greene, etc., etc.

It was on Einstein and Relativity - and at one point they got into the popular 'Big Bang' theory that tries to explain how it all began
-- supposedly from a very small space to where we are now.

This doe not work! - Since we didn't have any space yet, how can you say the universe began from a very small space?

Actually you can't - But they do because the expanding universe observations fit the paradigm.

I say that is not evidence that everything began in a very small space, does not explain where the energy came from in the first place
to cause this hypothetical small space to rapidly expand into a universe........

Another words they have no idea why the universe exists or where it came from - Where the energy for it came from, etc.

Please do not give a creationist view - I'm not saying that is impossible - But we already know about creationist viewpoints.

I would like to hear a scientific/philosophical perspective - even if it is weird or strange.

“We have no right to assume that any physical laws exist,
or if they have existed up to now,
that they will continue to exist in a similar manner in the future.”
― Max Planck, The Universe in the Light of Modern Physics

edit on 5-10-2019 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-10-2019 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 05:59 AM
link   
They have an idea but to admit its validity would undermine their dogmatic belief in science.

'Surely the fool says in his heart that there is no God'

In the beginning God. Simple, no?

Timeless, infinite, outside of temporal time. Created the universe using sound frequency. "God said".

Look at the star in the jar experiment. Scientists will deny God until he shows up again, which could be tomorrow. Not all scientists but most 'accepted' ones.

Why ask for a strange, none creationist view? What are you running from? I don't understand this logic. Please don't actually explain it, let's think of something whacky instead?

'Professing to be wise they became fools'. Strong stuff.
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 06:02 AM
link   
To answer your question, by the way, its a very good question. One must enlighten oneself to the understanding of "it exist because it exist". Then it is very easy for the brain to comprehend that, as one sees a dew worm at night crawling, it exist because it exist in its own little world. The universe exist because its there in harmony with its own existence .

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

Ummm...because consciousness...needed a playground...

A place to express...potential...

YouSir

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 06:54 AM
link   

We don't know nor will we ever know why the Universe exists other than it does and that it may not be alone in its existence.
I believe one day we may discover how the Universe came into existence but I doubt we would ever know why , that's probably a question for a higher dimensional being to answer.

As we understand it the Universe didn't start in one place but everywhere in space , there was no central Big Bang which makes its creation ever weirder to a small Human mind like mine.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Does the cosmos care if we exist?

Would it matter if we don't?

And if we do, at what cost?

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   

I would like to hear a scientific/philosophical perspective - even if it is weird or strange.

The big bang is a scientific perspective - even if it is weird or strange.

Btw there is nothing dogmatic about big bang. A popular alternative idea is an oscillating universe for example.

But if fails miserably when it comes to explaining the existent state itself - Why is this universe here?

Because It is not the job of science to answer why questions. Science is all about how.

Imho there no way to answer the question you are asking from within this universe.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I'm still trying to figure out why God needs humans to make all his plans work.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   
The Universe doesn't exist.

Two arguments nullified. I rest my case.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   

To do so would require you to be able to measure and observe whatever came before the current iteration of space-time in which we exist.

That's currently and probably always will be an impossibility.

Some questions science just can't address, but its the best and only tool we have in our box, that will allow us to systematically study the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment.
edit on 5-10-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Archivalist

And about a zillion other questions and queries that arise should you be correct in your assumption.

We are apparently technologically only a few years away from being able to measure the individual Planck unit so should the holographic principle turn out to hold any weight we may know soon enough.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

He doesn't need anything. Creating is an expression of love.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
Time and space are just concepts.

Where is time?

Thought/language speaks of time.... it is storytelling.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

Aye right, natures all about love.

Are we an expression of such given what we get up to?

Are our organized religious practices all about love?

Funny way of showing such imho.

edit on 5-10-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   
It's been quite a while since I posted here, and during that time I've done a lot of work on this very subject.

It kinda saddens me that so many brilliant people actually believe that the fundamentals of physical reality cannot ever be understood, or that the substrate of reality is inherently unknowable. My own journey over the last seven years or so has suggested to me that this isn't the case at all. In fact, what I've discovered is that the true and factual nature of physical reality is pretty mundane and obvious when compared to the creative muddle that our greatest theorists have suggested as they offer us one genius abstraction after another.

My most profound realizations have been the most obvious, and perhaps I'll take the time to lay out more if this unexpected inspiration to post here on the board again persists, but I did feel a pull to address this "How and Why" question concerning our universe, even if I sorta know how it will be received by some of the most active participants in this type of thread.

To that end, I'm going to post three links to what I have discovered to be reliable and highly plausible answers to these two questions; "How and Why the Universe Exists?". I do want to make the statement that what constitutes the whole of our universe is very likely based on a physical property that most of you haven't considered, and that this substrate is not one that is offered as foundational within any scientific/theoretical discipline that serves our culture's dominant scientific and/or traditional wisdom paradigms. That said, it's not much of an intellectual stretch to fully understand and appreciate that substrate and its relative simplicity when its been presented, even if this specific post is not going to be focused on that information. Also, the following links connect to pages and information that I created as support material some years ago. In other words, none of it belongs to anyone else that I would otherwise be required to name in a footnote.

This link will detail the ridiculously simple emergence of physical reality, and how inevitable its occurrence was.

The Genesis of Physical Reality

These two links lay out why everything that exists does [and ultimately is] what it does [and is].

Text

A Clever Video Clip

I don't expect or demand that anyone embrace any of this, but you asked - "I would like to hear a scientific/philosophical perspective - even if it is weird or strange." I hope that - at the very least - my input inspires some adventurous banter on this topic

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius
a reply to: BrianFlanders

He doesn't need anything. Creating is an expression of love.

LOL

I'm definitely not feelin tha love.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
I'm still trying to figure out why God needs humans to make all his plans work.

Because He loves us.

Pretty cool place He made for us if you ask me.

Too bad we screwed it up so royal.

I'm looking forward to the day when He comes back and makes everything right again.

Sweeeeeeeet!

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

You and 2.2 billion other people.

Plus many more throughout recorded history and possibly long before.

Thing is, crap in one hand and wish in the other, see which one fills up first?

I'm looking forward to humanity comming to its senses, so im crap out of luck also.

The universe is a big place mate, maybe the big dudes limited by the speed of light?

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   
So God, the Judeo, Christian God was in a Trinity, had relationship within and without but wanted more relationship.
Angels are nice and good and all but are a bit like pets, not like God, so

God creates His equal, humanity, for relationship, to love and care for an be loved and cared for. The universe was created for us to exist and learn and grow in so we can learn right from wrong

Or just space dust and space water and magic

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   
It is frankly impossible to provide absolute answers about an event that occurred 14 billion years ago especially given that our information can only come from the observable universe and not the entire cosmos from edge to edge. The information we have gathered does confirm the idea that there was a focused locale of energy that erupted to form the stellar expanse we know today. It does not confirm that the sequence of events we have roughly assembled from our studies was in any way related to a hypergenius engineer of the supernatural variety. There was no spoken word, no blue print, and no inventor pulling the strings of reality to design or build the world we call home. One possible explanation is a "light bubble" or the ass end of a black hole, sucking matter in from one place of sorts and ejaculating it into another place of sorts. Said bubble pops and its contents are flung into whatever arena is happens to be available. There is no "why". That kind of question is the product of self, asked because ego needs a reason to live, to persist and suffer and triumph. There is no reason. Live or die as you choose. No explanation is owed and none exists. Stop demanding reality to provide a logical foundation for your existence to appease your insecurity in the vast scope of dice thrown and odds played. The answer is 42 and anything else is just shiny gift wrapping that shields your mind from the cold indifference of a giant slot machine that is no more than the collection of atoms following the laws of physics and statistics. Accept the truth or reject it, this doesn't change gravity or the composition of Helium or how your body requires oxygen to metabolize and sustain itself. The universe doesn't care what you think, which is the only answer you will ever need. Be good or be good at it.

“We have no right to assume that any physical laws exist,
or if they have existed up to now,
that they will continue to exist in a similar manner in the future.”
― Max Planck, The Universe in the Light of Modern Physics

Malarkey. I would offer further argument but seeing how he refers to the laws of physics as assumptions, I think it's unnecessary.
edit on 5-10-2019 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join