It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explain How and Why the Universe Exists

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Think how very different the rest of the worlds that surround the stars in our universe are in comparison to Earth.

I'm sure if God created anything it was a hell of a lot more than just Humanity.

As to being his equal, aside from being created in his image and all that jazz, i would say the Abrahamic version of such is after slaves and servants rather than equals considering the endless attendance required nevermind our monies.

Then there are the commandments, none of which screams equal imho.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   
They say there is radiation that left over from the big bang, even though it only from an observable pov, which is a tad geo, maybe ego centric. Wasn't the Big Bang theory originally scientific an blasphemous back then?

Maybe the universe is just simply is, an always has been, if it ever were simplified.

Which creation story are we talking about? The one chaos an order had a baby, or the sky daddyshaking our mother earth's bedrock?

edit on 5-10-2019 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-10-2019 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: NorEaster

hi noreaster.

there is no doubt that you have answered the OP's questions.... i am hoping that your answers are deceptively simple, rather than merely simple or outright empty. i say this because as i look over your writings (at the links provided), i feel i have come away with nothing.

i don't mean this as an insult. it is entirely possible that i am not up to the task of understanding.

nevertheless, congratulations on your achievements.

dkp

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

The idea of existence versus non existence is a language issue. For something to exist, it has to have boundaries. It is not clear the Universe has any boundaries. Therefore, the Universe is not a thing that can be created.

Let me argue it logically. Nothingness only exists in our imagination. No one has ever experienced or proven nothingness exists or ever existed. Therefore, since something exists, somethingness has ALWAYS existed. The Universe has never non-existed is the only logical conclusion based on the limitations of human language.

Here's another way to think about it. Many people think our Big Bang created our Universe. This is may not be the case. There are some physicists who believe our big bang is a white hole coming from a black hole. In other words, our Big-Bang was the result of a star collapsing to black hole in another pre-existing space-time dimension.

What are white holes?

And then there's another way of thinking about the Universe in terms of transcendence. With this idea, the cause of our creation transcends all forms of being, and is therefore, inherently beyond our comprehension. The idea of nothingness and absolute wholeness exist and are equal through transcendence but experienced through a "unity of opposites". This idea is expressed in this video:

If God exists how does he or she work? Rupert Sheldrake 2018

Unity of opposites

Without a unity of opposites nothing in our language has any real meaning.

The question of "why" the Universe exists is purely subjective. I tend to believe we live in a cyclical Universe. In other words, at some point in time the Universe repeats itself from a state of maximum energy density to a state of minimal energy density. Each time things may repeat or they my be slightly different. The result is over an unimaginable amount of time every possible possibility gets realized from absolute nothingness to absolute wholeness and completeness.

The more interesting question is "why" do human beings exist in the Universe. We exist to experience greatness in thought, performance, and beauty. When we experience greatness, it brings us closer to a feeling of absolute perfection that occurs with the sum of all possibilities. When we experience greatness it makes us feel whole and complete with the entire Universe.

edit on 5-10-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

Two points.

1) I rather like the Steady State Universe but know that observations tend to discredit it. However, I propose it in the sense that 'the universe always was and always will be extant', that said oscillations, growth and decline (rather along the lines of your Planck quote) are sub-sets within the 'ultimate set that is the Universe'.

2) This is all delightfully entertaining, I like to read and discuss on these subjects. However, it is a distraction from interacting in a positive way with the universe I inhabit at my personal intersection of here and now.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
I'm sure if God created anything it was a hell of a lot more than just Humanity.

When I first read this sentence all I read was, "I'm sure if God created anything it was a hell".

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

We might have a hand in that hell dfnj2015.

Let's entertain the prospect through, if God did create hell he must have known what to expect.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I like combining your post with musicismagic post just before yours. And we get the Universe exists so we can question the existence of a higher dimensional being.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I live in New Jersey. It's how we think.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: andy06shake

When I first read this sentence all I read was, "I'm sure if God created anything it was a hell".

If i were god, first thing i would create is an exit strategy. As an omnipotent being in charge of a whole universe, retirement is not an option, it is inevitable.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
I'm still trying to figure out why God needs humans to make all his plans work.

We exist in order for God to complete His experience of omnipotence. In other words, we exist so God gets to experience the thrill of having limitations by sharing in our experiences of joys and frustrations.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Archivalist
The Universe doesn't exist.
Two arguments nullified. I rest my case.

This is the Unity of opposites I was talking about in my response.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius
a reply to: BrianFlanders

He doesn't need anything. Creating is an expression of love.

I think we need to keep this conversation out of the gutter. Oh damn it, I can't. Bad thoughts are jumping into my head (nice pun).

Those folds in space-time were tight!! That's what I'm talking about!! Oh the curves...oh the curves of space-time. Big Bang!

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Best post of the entire thread!

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: NorEaster

Before I begin the first link has amazing web pages. That is the best web page book I've ever seen. Really cool!

However, I completely disagree with everything in your post. The conclusions you and your reference author come to are purely subjective. The very same data points can be used to support other subjective judgments. I readily admit my answer is no better than yours. But at the same time I fully embrace the subjective nature of the question. The "why" of the Universe will not be answered with simple objectivity.

Also, the flavor of your answer seems to me to presupposed philosophical materialism, aka realism, is an absolute truth. It's not clear to me reality is real. And everything we experience may be fragments of a higher mind who actively participates in our experience of reality and at the same time transcends it.

For example, what is the IT that detects an observation has occurred with regards to double slit type experiments in quantum mechanics. Consider the following Niels Bohr quotes:

“Those who are not shocked when they first come across quantum theory cannot possibly have understood it.”
― Niels Bohr, Essays 1932-1957 on Atomic Physics and Human Knowledge

“A physicist is just an atom's way of looking at itself.”
― Niels Bohr

“The meaning of life consists in the fact that it makes no sense to say that life has no meaning.”
― Niels Bohr

Here's a link to a video I am pretty sure based on your way of thinking you will absolutely hate:

Quantum Physics Debunks Materialism

It turns out philosophical materialism is just a belief system or dogma. The experimental evidence has shown we do NOT live in a clockwork Universe with hard determinism. For now and foreseeable future, "Idealism" is all there is supported by experimental evidence. So let subjectivism rule! God exists and created the Universe. Have at it!

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Materialism isn't a philosophy, it's a word invented to misrepresent physics as a system of beliefs when in fact it is a categorical collection of facts. This rock weighs however many pounds and is composed of these elements, its atoms are comprised of predictable particles obeying laws that we have observed and recorded as being typical for such materials in these specific conditions. All facets of physical phemonena are standard per given circumstance. Very factual. Not at all belief or philosophy.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   

What mkes you qualified to ask this question? - More so, what qualifies you to answer it ?

Apparently no one, Human or otherwise, has questioned my right to ask this question and no one, Human or otherwise,
has questioned your right to answer it - But I question everything and everyone, including the question itself.

YOU assume as a Human that you're conscious, aware and intelligent - And you assume the very thing you are questioning,
The Universe, is not conscious, aware, and posseses no intelligence of its own.

This is presumptuous of you Human - Did it ever occur to you that the very thing that you are questioning has manifested
you for this very purpose? - to question and understand its very existence from a novel biological view - You may be
significant as the only conscious biological state in the universe - No other intelligent biological existent life form has been proven to exist.

So next time you look at the stars or review your scientific achievements to date - I want you to consider that the
very Universe you are questioning is in fact a conscious machine - An intelligent machine that exists to postulate
questions and possibilities - You Man are just one of mnay possibilities

“I regard consciousness as fundamental. I regard matter as derivative from consciousness. We cannot get behind consciousness. Everything that we talk about, everything that we regard as existing, postulates consciousness.”
― Max Planck

edit on 5-10-2019 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-10-2019 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlienView

What mkes you qualified to ask this question? - More so, what qualifies you to answer it ?

Apparently no one, Human or otherwise, has questioned my right to ask this question and no one, Human or otherwise,
has questioned your right to answer it - But I question everything and everyone, including the question itself.

YOU assume as a Human that your conscious, aware and intelligent - And you assume the very thing you are questioning,
The Universe, is not conscious, aware, and posseses no intelligence of its own.

This is presumptuous of you Human - Did it ever occur to you that the very thing that you are questioning has manifested
you for this very purpose - to question and understad its very existence from a novel biological view - You may be
significant as the only biological state in the universe - No other biological existent life form has been proven to exist.

So next time you look at the stars or review your scientific achievements to date - I want you to consider that the
very Universe you are questioning is in fact a conscious machine - An intelligent machine that exists to postulate
questions and possibilites - You Man are just one of mnay possibilities

“I regard consciousness as fundamental. I regard matter as derivative from consciousness. We cannot get behind consciousness. Everything that we talk about, everything that we regard as existing, postulates consciousness.”
― Max Planck

Have you actually read any of the reply posts in your thread? Go back and do so please. This enlightenment act is tedious and disrespectful.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
I'm still trying to figure out why God needs humans to make all his plans work.

Humans are tactile meat bodies (vessels containing more blood vessels) with built in physical senses; this is a gross expanded viewpoint that non material spirits can insert themselves (activate) and explore a 3D time/space illusion environment. This is just a super sophisticated playground or Disney World as another poster suggested.
edit on 5-10-2019 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I don’t think you understand the commandments, I don’t think you understand God
I don’t think you care and that is up to you

What I find fascinating is that you think you do and comment like you have studied theology

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join