It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'COUP': Trump blasts Democrats' impeachment efforts in tweet

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: thedigirati

originally posted by: richapau
a reply to: pravdaseeker
No coup attempt!!. Trump is going to be impeached for completely illegal quid pro quo conduct just as he deserves. Too bad you right wingers backed the stupidest criminal president ever.

are you willing to bet on it??

No impeachment sorry.

Pelosi Lied to yall

I'll type it slowly for you

NO IMPEACHMENT!

I’m willing to bet on it.

But it’s strange that no leftist on this site will take that bet.

I think every single one of them agrees with you but don’t want to say it because the hivemind is listening.

He will not be impeached.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 12:59 AM
link   
NEW Mueller-Rosenstein FOIA Documents Show: theconservativetreehouse.com...

Apparently Bob Mueller was "feeling out" President Trump the day before Rod Rosenstein named him as Special Counsel for the witch-hunt. The Mueller investigation was a "soft coup" attempt? Looks like it.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Apparently Bob Mueller was "feeling out" President Trump the day before Rod Rosenstein named him as Special Counsel for the witch-hunt. The Mueller investigation was a "soft coup" attempt? Looks like it.

All adding up now.

Explains why [RR] was "allowed" to continue and then resign when Trump figured it all out 😎

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 01:08 AM
link   

I wonder whether Robert looked the President in the eyes while he was "feeling him out."
edit on 3-10-2019 by Zelun because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zelun

I wonder whether Robert looked the President in the eye while he was "feeling him out."

Depends if it was in his purview "at the time" 😎

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 01:19 AM
link   
The only "coup" I saw was by the left and some random republicans against a sitting president... which shoudnt be forgotten.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 01:26 AM
link   

I wonder whether Robert looked the President in the eye while he was "feeling him out."

The one thing we do know is that "something" happened to Mueller during his 2 year investigation. In May of 2017, his mind was still sharp as a whip.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage
The only "coup" I saw was by the left and some random republicans against a sitting president... which shoudnt be forgotten.

AG Barr and Prosecutor Durham went to Italy last week to collect some very special evidence against the Coup plotters.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Depends if it was in his purview "at the time" 😎

Hindsight being 20/20, he was already "under the auspices" of the direction of Rod.

Rosenstein.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage

AG Barr and Prosecutor Durham went to Italy last week to collect some very special evidence against the Coup plotters.

Cool! I had read that in another thread but obviously didnt put 2 and 2 together. LOL! A coup of this nature is a no no in a huge way. My hope is that prosecution is for ALL involved. I dont care WHO it is.. what side of the aisle.. whatever. Our govt has gotten fat and lax on so many issues. I say start the process now. Maybe Ill live long enough to see a republic.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: scrounger

So much noise with such little substance, I'm not arguing with you I'm fobbing you off.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: CharlesT
a reply to: chr0naut
Even the democratic party knows they can't beat Trump. Their only hope is to impeach or kill him. Yes, it is a coup! I figured this out 6/8 months ago.

Coup - Dictionary.com

See, here's what I don't understand:

I can't count the number of times I've said something like "that word doesn't mean what you're saying it means" and then I get back "Language is fluid, it changes all the time."

Like, blog. Right? That's can't possibly be a word, right?

Merriam-Webster: Blog

Damn my eyes! Or gaslight. That's a light that's lit by a gaseous energy source right?

Lexico, Powered by Oxford: gaslight

Thank God I was only half wrong that time...wait what? Gaslight only became a verb based upon the popularity of Patrick Hamilton's 1938 play? Well that was only 81 years ago!

Where did the word 'coup' come from anyway?

Etymology Online

coup (n.)
c. 1400, "a blow" (obsolete), from Old French coup, colp "a blow, strike" (12c.), from Medieval Latin colpus, from Vulgar Latin *colapus, from Latin colaphus "a cuff, box on the ear," from Greek kolaphos "a blow, buffet, punch, slap," "a lowly word without clear etymology" [Beekes].

Meaning "a sudden decisive act" is 1852, short for coup d'etat. In Modern French the word is a workhorse, describing everything from a pat on the back to a whipping, and is used as well of thunder, gusts of wind, gunshots, and chess moves.

Huh. Seems the only thing Trump got wrong was the duration. A coup should be short and decisive. We're going on three years now! It doesn't make it any less of an assault.
edit on 3-10-2019 by Zelun because: heh

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

So much noise with such little substance, I'm not arguing with you I'm fobbing you off.

yawn

notice again a childish comment where you NEVER addressed the points I made.

along with a "hipster" word (fobbing).

when your ready to debate POINT BY POINT the adult world will welcome it
may not agree with you but welcome the debate.

scrounger

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Is "fobbing you off" even a term? It sounds like something a teenager thinks sounds British.

ETA: well butter my biscuit:

M-W: fob off
edit on 3-10-2019 by Zelun because: consider my biscuit buttered

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Cause Im all arrogant and stuff, here are some more words that some must familiarize themselves with in the super near future :

Treason, Sedition, and subversive activities

www.law.cornell.edu...

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason

Has to do with warring against the United States. Doesn't seem to fit.

None of those seem to apply. They are about overthrowing the Government. Unless you think Trump is the US Government. He isn't, he may believe so, but he isn't. He is one part of it. Remove him and he is legally replaced. The Government still exists. It's powers unchanged.

The process of impeachment is defined in the Constitution. That fact makes it legal.
edit on 10/3/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason

Has to do with warring against the United States. Doesn't seem to fit.

None of those seem to apply. They are about overthrowing the Government. Unless you think Trump is the US Government. He isn't, he may believe so, but he isn't. He is one part of it. Remove him and the Government still exists.

The process of impeachment is defined in the Constitution. That fact makes it legal.

I didnt mention impeachment. I said impeach him.. please. All information gathered should be used against those who did naughty things and I didnt care what side of the aisle they were on.

This is just one thing that applies to what I posted. You see, when you impeach and they uncover other illegal acts, they can be prosecuted as well. Its NOT just the president. Or current president.

The report by the Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations revealed that under President Barack Obama, the Treasury Department issued a license in February 2016, never previously disclosed, that would have allowed Iran to convert $5.7 billion it held at a bank in Oman from Omani rials into euros by exchanging them first into U.S. dollars. If the Omani bank had allowed the exchange without such a license, it would have violated sanctions that bar Iran from transactions that touch the U.S. financial system.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Remind us, who imposed said sanctions?

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Remind us, who imposed said sanctions?

Probably some dumbarse republican. And??

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 03:08 AM
link   

You're talking about the JCPOA? I don't know if what the Treasury did was illegal but it doesn't seem to fit the definitions of treason, sedition, or subversive activities. Nothing to do with overthrowing the US Government. Nor does impeachment.

edit on 10/3/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join