It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS chat is down

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Oh well..I can't chat anyhows...I have only got 128 posts.

I think I will go visit my therapist......the shopping centre for some retail therapy to help me get over this latest bummer in life...

No more chat for like 70 posts...

*post post post..........

[edit on 7-3-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Belay that, it's fine now.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
It still does'nt work for me.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Chat works for me. Woooohooooo
thanks mr overlord

EDIT: chat only seems to work in firefox

[edit on 7-3-2005 by cpr12r]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Apparently all the people in the room have Firefox instead of IE ???

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I feel discriminated agaonst, your telling me that only firefox works, oh please Skeptic, make it open to all internet types.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Hmm....200 Posts. And I was trying to go for the longest time here *active* with the lowest post count. Anyways, it is probably for the best to put a limit on chat.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Look what the cat dragged in!

The lowest post/tenure ratios are held by spooks and other mysterious lurkers who register and make one post to avoid being swept away in the periodic mass bannings of mutes.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   
To those of you who use IE only, take a chance on other browsers!
I just tried OPERA, and chat is working there.
Unless you are using a computer at work, there is almost no excuse to have another browser installed. I have Opera, Firefox and Avant/IE. Variety is the spice of life.

*gives SO a gift certificate to a swanky spa for a de-stressing massage*

and
*a bottle of extra-strength aspirin*

[edit on 7-3-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
At the moment, it seems to be working for me. I'm using regular Mozilla (not Firefox). I get a message that simply states that I don't have enough posts yet to log in to chat (exactly what I expected, since I'm still about 6 posts shy of the 200 mark).

SO, thank you for bringing back chat. I really do enjoy the feature. I also hope that the new requirement of a minimum of 200 posts will help to lessen (though it probably won't completely eliminate) the problems.

I was appauled to hear that such predatory behaviour was happening in chat, and I applaud SO for making the tough decisions he has made. It's issues like this that are precicely the reason I never wish to become a mod. Those of you that are mods, thank you for your patience and your willingness to make the tough decisions. I respect all of you.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I think special dispensation should be allowed for nice people like me.

either that or 70 spammed posts of crap all over the board....hmmmmmm

Firefox here and I get a Your not allowed message

* me wanders off bawling loudly

[edit on 7-3-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   
..... and then: MOD MOD MOD! I kept saying that and people started losing conection! It was Like I was one!

please open up soon.....
I'm sorry if I contributed negatively to ats chat......
Same thing happened on psi pog.....
Got banned for flooding....
Got banned for going to a different section of chat while banned....
Got banned for talking randomly......
Got banned for no reason at all....
Got banned for no reason at all again.....
Got permanently banned for getting pissed off at the mod who kept banning me..........

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

PLease reinstate chat soon. I will not do what I did in chat at psipog.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I D/L'd Firefox and got right into chat. Iori said she did the same thing.

The odd thing is i'm starting to like Firefox. Maybe this is a good way to get people to dump the dangerous IE.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 02:13 AM
link   
at the risk of being annoying and sounding dumb

am I still banned from chat?

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 03:04 AM
link   
thanks skeptic although i think it was wrong to get rid of it i understand that it must be hard to keep it up to date good work i also read that you paid for it that shows your true dedication i think that once below top secrets chat is up and running we all will have less general conversation problem solved glad to see its up and running

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Can I post pad here to elevate my post count by 60 something overnight.....

Puhleeeese

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Tues 4:53 AM:

Still nothing using IE when I click the chat tab. However, last night just before I had to sign off CPR came to my rescue with a direct link into chat and I got in for a brief few minutes. CPR to the Rescue again!!!

This morning I can still get in that way, but what the hey, had some time to spare and went ahead with downloading Monzilla FireFox. It was fairly painless, gives you the option of importing all your favorites, settings, etc. and I chose not to make it my default browser as a precaution.

Final report: The Chat tab works fine with this browser and I see no reason not to just do it. So for those of you who still can't get in with IE, take some pressure off SO while he figures this out and just download the other browser, it's no biggie.

See you all tonight if I ever get out of work today.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 04:25 AM
link   
OH BLOOMIN HECKY THUMPERS!!.....I STILL CANT GET INTO CHAT!!!.......THATS IT!!......GOODBYE CRUEL WORLD.........IM GONNA MISS YA!.........PARK THE FERRARI UP HIGGINS.....I SHALL NOT BE NEEDING THE OLD GIRL AGAIN!.......SAY GOODNIGHT TO THE FOLKS GRACEY.......COME IN OFF THE PORCH GRANDMA.........TAKE CARE OL' YELLA........LITTLE TOMMY AINT COMING HOME THIS CHRISTMAS.......RUN FOREST....RUN!!...

HELP ME OBI WAN KENOBI!!!......YOUR MY ONLY HOPE!

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Wait a minute, YOU'RE Higgens!

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
It seems that a majority (more than 50%) desire to abuse the features and services provided by this site as a playground for prurient games and solicitation and engagement of sexually charged exchanges. And I am referring to private exchanges, to make things clear.
But this doesn't refer to me, right? I haven't done anything wrong? IMO I haven't, but I just want to make sure by checking that with an admin.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join