It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The schools where meat is off the menu for climate reasons

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Swedish children being taken off of meat in schools. Climate change of course.

sverigesradio.se...

This was posted on Radio Sweden just 2 days ago and certainly reflects the far left and globalist influence in that nation in my view. I was pleased when they went a bit left and quit [by law] selling weapons to tyrants and dictators. The pivot left continues for Sweden it seems.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

So, you are a leftist if you eat predominantly vegetables?

Wouldn't that make the Israeli captives of Babylon thousands of years ago (the prophet Daniel and his friends), leftists? Because they wouldn't eat the rich 'royal' food and wine Nebuchadnezzar set before them and instead they only ate vegetables and drank water. At the end of ten days, they were also healthier than the other courtiers, too.

Those Commies!

+17 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Wouldn't that make the Israeli captives of Babylon thousands of years ago (the prophet Daniel and his friends), leftists? Because they wouldn't eat the rich 'royal' food and wine Nebuchadnezzar set before them and instead they only ate vegetables and drank water. At the end of ten days, they were also healthier than the other courtiers, too.

Those Commies!

No, you are an Authoritarian Leftest when you force everyone else to eat what YOU believe they should eat.

Of course, they will probably not follow their own dictates.
edit on 29-9-2019 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Probably better than forcing them to eat chicken nuggets like is done in the US. Pink slime, yuk!
edit on 29-9-2019 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   
If it's anything like the food I was served in school they're probably better off.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Depends on the quality of Swedish school meals. In all fairness, even a North Korean Roadside Salad is probably much healthier than American school meals, so who knows how much healthier by comparison Swedish school food is.

The bigger question is, if it's still quality food, and just as healthy or healthier than with meat, then who cares? They're still better off at lunch than our kids are.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Those Commies!

It was offered to false gods first. Aliens. Babylonians worshipped them, That's why they didn't eat it

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Photo via Food Network Canada

Swedish school lunches are 100% covered by taxes, and are generally amazing.
edit on 29-9-2019 by Atsbhct because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

Looks like meat to me

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   

The bigger question is, if it's still quality food, and just as healthy or healthier than with meat, then who cares? They're still better off at lunch than our kids are.

But...but, then they would have to eat like Burt the bunny.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

But...but, then they would have to eat like Burt the bunny.

Lol, my rabbit eats a wider varied and healthier diet than an American student's hippie mom's homemade lunch offers XD

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

originally posted by: Atsbhct

Looks like meat to me

Fish meat.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Those Commies!

No, you are an Authoritarian Leftest when you force everyone else to eat what YOU believe they should eat.

Having a meat free menu isn't forcing anyone to eat it.

Wouldn't not offering a meat free option be the authoritarian thing?

How many schools actually have a vegetarian option available? Probably most, but if they don't, are they evil authoritarians, or is this just another propagandist 'think of the children, emotional appeal absent of rationality' post trying to vilify those who can embrace variety and change?

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

How many schools actually have a vegetarian option available? Probably most,

Tofu is not food. Nor is old fish.

I ate a few school lunches when I was a kid but figured out that Mom's were way better. Even when it was only a PBnJ and an apple. Mostly it was mahimahi though. Venison when my Dad brought a deer home (teriyaki venison on sourdough sandwiches, yum), my teacher offered to trade.

No school (or college) I ever attended provided anything like pictured above. I would have gone for it, even though salmon is far down my list of preferred fish.
edit on 9/29/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

I'd eat that right now.

Salmon, English peas, and potatoes?

Wish we had stuff like that when I was in school.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Those Commies!

Is nutrition important?

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

Those Commies!

It was offered to false gods first. Aliens. Babylonians worshipped them, That's why they didn't eat it

Firstly, there is no record of that, and that was not actually the point of the passage. The food was from the King's table and these Israelites were making somewhat of a political statement and were in mourning for their lost homeland. Traditionally, fasting as an observance of mourning has a long Middle eastern tradition.

It does, however, say the King's food would defile them, i.e: it wasn't Kosher and It is a known fact that the Babylonians ate pork along with a number of foods that were unclean according to Kosher laws.

Also, couldn't the vegetables have been offered to Gods just as much as any other food offering?

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

well let us see how heathy the children will be in a few years without meat.

Granted I am a semivegan, but children are growing and expanding between ages 10-17

they need a great deal of proteins, do you think nuts will suffice?

I was full vegan but could only do it living in Hawaii, I was in the USMC. the rainbow colored ham was the final straw.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   
That meal looks really tasty. Fish is meat, good for the environment, super healthy.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Those Commies!

Having a meat free menu isn't forcing anyone to eat it.

Wouldn't not offering a meat free option be the authoritarian thing?

How many schools actually have a vegetarian option available? Probably most, but if they don't, are they evil authoritarians, or is this just another propagandist 'think of the children, emotional appeal absent of rationality' post trying to vilify those who can embrace variety and change?

Ummmm.... you understand they are talking about not having meat available right? I call that limiting choices.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join