It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The schools where meat is off the menu for climate reasons

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Same here! All I remember about school lunch is poutine. Lol.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

A friend of my daughter declared herself vegan a couple of years ago. It didn't last long, vegetarian is easier to manage but still a really pain in the ass, especially when it comes providing proper nutrition for adolescents.

My daughter went "pesco" at about the same time. I can deal with that. Even though fish costs more than beef and takes more finesse to prepare properly. I grew up with and know how to cook it.

edit on 9/29/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: chr0naut

How many schools actually have a vegetarian option available? Probably most,

Tofu is not food. Nor is old fish.

I ate a few school lunches when I was a kid but figured out that Mom's were way better. Even when it was only a PBnJ and an apple. Mostly it was mahimahi though. Venison when my Dad brought a deer home (teriyaki venison on sourdough sandwiches, yum), my teacher offered to trade.

No school (or college) I ever attended provided anything like pictured above. I would have gone for it, even though salmon is far down my list of preferred fish.

I have to agree, the pictured meal looks good. My schools didn't have much in the way of cafeteria, but I've worked in a few modern schools and they ordered in cut lunches & etc from places like Subway. Seemed fairly good food to me.

Also, are chicken nuggets actually meat?

link   
So , jeopardize children's health all in the name of fake science and carbon credits.
Got it.

edit on 9/29/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 08:16 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Teriyaki venison.... thanks for that inspiration. My partner is currently on a moose hunt, so it could translate!

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   

The stuff that clogs the drain after they pressure blast the boning plant's equipment with hot water.

Mechanically recovered meat.

Mmmmm...

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 08:21 PM
link   

well let us see how heathy the children will be in a few years without meat.

Who said zero meat?

Fish is meat. Fish contains protein, and vital necessary and beneficial fats with less harmful fats (depending on the fish).

they need a great deal of proteins, do you think nuts will suffice?

Fish and beans also contain protein. A lot. I mostly eat fish. But as you can see, they are still served red meat, only less. Which is more healthy.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Don't forget the sourdough.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   

when out in the field, all I would eat was the canned tuna, the problem was, my Ssgt was a vegan and we would fight over them.

it was like 1 in 20 that was canned tuna, it had the heath cookie in it too Yum. the early MRE's were ok but I only had the mash tatters, then got out.

C-rations were terrible MRE's were gourmet food, but the field mice could eat them.

they should make all schools use MRE's problem solved......

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
a reply to: Liquesence

Same here! All I remember about school lunch is poutine. Lol.

I remember salads (yeah we had a "salad bar" in Elementary school, surprisingly), square pizza, sloppy joes, tater tots (still love em, lol), and mixed veggies and milk.

Half the time my dad made a lunch, which was hit or miss.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   

when out in the field, all I would eat was the canned tuna,

See, I eat the hell out of tuna (canned and fresh/yellow tail or sushi). And salmon.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   

C-rations. True story:

When I was a kid the marines from the base would do their "hikes" in the hills around where I live(d). We'd follow the trails and look for abandoned C-rations. Mostly because my buddies smoked and there were cigarettes in there. Some of the candy was somewhat edible, beef stew was pretty good. The heating packets (sterno) were fun to play with.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: thedigirati
they should make all schools use MRE's problem solved......

I've had the privilege years ago of rummaging through surplus MREs with my husband at an army surplus store in FL & buying something that resembled scrambled eggs, but tasted like rubber & ass, and something that was supposed to be some kind of Carib chicken dish that was just as bad.

His point was to show me how gross some of the MREs were regardless of the names that sounded good. Those eggs were effing awful, coulda been used for prank vomit. Making kids eat that ish is pretty damn mean.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
So , jeopardize children's health all in the name of fake science and carbon credits.
Got it.

More meat, more guns and lead bullets, worse air and water...All for the health of the children.

But god forbid we try to feed them healthy food.

Cool.
edit on 29-9-2019 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

and they give that stuff to people that have weapons

that should scare you.

But

Healthy and high carb for energy😊😊😊🌮🌮🌭🌭🥇🥇😆

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: Gothmog
Got it.

More meat, more guns and lead bullets, worse air and water...All for the health of the children.

But god forbid we try to feed them healthy food.

Cool.

What ?
"Make sense , man" - Gunny.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: thedigirati
a reply to: Nyiah

and they give that stuff to people that have weapons

that should scare you.

Oh, my husband was laughing his ass off at my "taste testing" escapade with those. Still can't believe all the tax money that goes to feeding the military and THAT'S the best they can come up with for MREs, lol.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   

C-rations. True story:

When I was a kid the marines from the base would do their "hikes" in the hills around where I live(d). We'd follow the trails and look for abandoned C-rations. Mostly because my buddies smoked and there were cigarettes in there. Some of the candy was somewhat edible, beef stew was pretty good. The heating packets (sterno) were fun to play with.

When I was with the air force (not US) they made 'custard' with 'powdered eggs' (not sure if those are the right words for it).

The joke was that if a 'plane was coming in hot, without undercarriage, they'd spray the stuff on the runway and, 'sproing', the plane would be stuck in the stuff like a fly on flypaper.

... and a balanced diet was one that simultaneously gave you the runs and bound you up.

edit on 29/9/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 08:47 PM
link   

... and a balanced diet was one that simultaneously gave you the runs and bound you up.

A quandary.
# or get off the pot.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join