It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please help me understand this. Biden

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

No worries.
Registered Libertarian. Not that it matters, here. Or anywhere, for that matter.

edit on 9/30/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Ok...

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Faeded

Watch what you say. If it turns out Phage is a Democrat, you would be buried under a prison for that.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Then what's with the disclaimer?

Because small errors can be made with transcription. There are, I believe, four transcriptionists typing during the phone call. Afterwards they compare documents and sort out any areas that not in agreement. The calls are not recorded, so this is the only way to preserve them, and there can be small errors.

"Objects in the mirror may be closer than they appear" does not mean "Objects in the mirror do not exist." It just means they are not perfectly represented, not that they are not there.

No. As I said, corruption in former Communist regimes seems to be a real problem.

Good thing there is no corruption in our government, eh? No one would ever sign off on fake FISA requests, or set up a channel to deliver guns to Mexican drug cartels, or weaponize the FBI... oh, wait...

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 02:22 AM
link   

You might want to re-register as a Democrat. I hear it's illegal to accuse them of anything.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 02:30 AM
link   

You heard wrong.
www.washingtonexaminer.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Good thing there is no corruption in our government, eh?

Totally.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 02:38 AM
link   

You heard wrong.

Apparently I did.

I guess you'd also have to change your last name to Biden to be safe.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Safe from Trump's DOJ?
How about Clinton? That would seem to work too.

edit on 9/30/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Yeah, either one.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

Biden then told the Ukraine, after the government was removed, that unless an investigation into his son wasn't dropped that he'd withhold 1b dollars.

Did NOT happen. False narrative.

Also Biden does not have a billion dollars to withhold. Never did.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
www.rferl.org...

This article gives some background on the prosecutor, what he was and was not doing and why and more importantly, when he was fired.

The take home quote from that article:

"Ironically, Joe Biden asked Shokin to leave because the prosecutor failed [to pursue] the Burisma investigation, not because Shokin was tough and active with this case," Kaleniuk said.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Shokin stated before he fired that he was starting an investigation into the Burisma Group, the company that hired Hunter Biden. I believe he was fired because he was starting that investigation and Biden was worried he might uncover Hunter's money laundering setup.

False.

The United States Government, the IMF, the European Union, and a whole lot of other interested parties called for Shokin's dismissal specifically because the prosecutor failed [to pursue] the Burisma investigation (and other corruption investigations).

Which is the exact opposite of how you are trying to spin this.

There is no equivalence here to the Trump phone call and the story is not Biden.

The story is using the office of the President of the United States to black mail a foreign country into inventing dirt on a political rival.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Bob is the Governor of New York. His son lives in South Africa and has been given a job on the board of a diamond mine having zero experience in mining.
Bob has the final say on taxation of goods coming to Port from Africa. The Diamond Company has been lobbying Bob for consideration of lowering tax duties on it's containers for a year before the hire.
After Bob's son is hired, considerations are made for the company. When confronted, Bob claims to have never spoken to his son about his new lucrative job in Africa and knows nothing about anything.
If you read this scenario as written, you'd know instantly that Bob is a liar, his son is a liar, and someone would be going to jail.
While the scenarios are admittedly different, they aren't that far off. I think people are just so vested in, "Trump BAD!" or ,"Trump GOOD!" that their common sense is shot.

We ALL know deep down that Joe knew his son was the head of that company. We ALL know that Joe, as a parent, condoned it...and probably greased the wheels for it to happen.

It is not Nepotism because it wasn't a family member that hired Hunter lol so that makes no sense when people use that as an excuse.

Idk...Biden and Trump both use their office to further their family's interests...as do all public servants. Im ultimately okay with that if the American People's interests are promoted at the same time.
This is where Trump is different. I support him because I believe he has the interests of the Country as a whole at the forefront, while trying to do the best he can for his family.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: rnaa

Why hasn't Biden rebutted with this miracle report ? 😃

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: rnaa

False.

True.

Interviews with a half-dozen senior Ukrainian officials confirm Biden's account, though they claim the pressure was applied over several months in late 2015 and early 2016, not just six hours of one dramatic day. Whatever the case, Poroshenko and Ukraine's parliament obliged by ending Shokin's tenure as prosecutor. Shokin was facing steep criticism in Ukraine, and among some U.S. officials, for not bringing enough corruption prosecutions when he was fired.

But Ukrainian officials tell me there was one crucial piece of information that Biden must have known but didn't mention to his audience: The prosecutor he got fired was leading a wide-ranging corruption probe into the natural gas firm Burisma Holdings that employed Biden's younger son, Hunter, as a board member.

Don't argue with me; argue with MSN. It's their claim.

There is no equivalence here to the Trump phone call and the story is not Biden.

I believe it is. When did you become the arbitor of what "the story" is?

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: xuenchen

Does anyone know if Robert Hunter Biden ever registered as a foreign agent ?
Should he have? What are the requirements that one does so?

He doesn't know.

what is a foreign agent...

An “agent” is an individual or entity that acts “within the United States” at the order, request, direction, or control of either: (1) a “foreign principal”; or (2) a person “any of whose activities are directly or indirectly supervised, directed, controlled, financed, or subsidized in whole or in major part by a “foreign principal.” An individual or entity can become an “agent” even without a contractual relationship or formal agreement with a “foreign principal.

Lets see them make this fit.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Faeded

When it is two countries not Joe Blow and his cousin Vinny a favor can be a very large thing of value.
Where are you getting your definition of "thing of value" because that is really subjective.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   

It says this right at the bottom of the first page.

CAUTION: A Memorandum of a Telephone Conversation.¡ (TELCON) is not a verbatim transcript of a discussion. The text in this document records the notes and recollections of Situation Room Duty "Officers and-NSC policy staff assigned t_o listen.and memorialize the conversation in written form as the conversation takes place. A numper of factors can affect 'the accuracy of the reco�d, including poor telecommunications connections and variations in accent and/or interpretation. The word "inaudible" is used to indifate portions of a conversation that the notetaker was unable to hear. Classified By: 2354726 Derived.From: NSC SCG Declassify On: 20441231

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Is there going to be a formal investigation into the entire Trump-Giuliani-Joe-Hunter-DNC Ukraine saga?

I am sure it will be discussed ad nauseum in the conservative treehouse... Where is that again? In the hundred acre wood?

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   

This memo, along with trump saying it on TV and in corroboration with the complaint that was made that included actions and promises that were not part of this particular phone call but taken in conjunction with it lay out a pretty damning case.

Tell me what I am not getting?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join