It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please help me understand this. Biden

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Does anyone know if Robert Hunter Biden ever registered as a foreign agent ?
Should he have? What are the requirements that one does so?

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Wrong..and read carefully.
The evidence against trump is false evidence and has fooled everyone not to look at the exacts of the written laws and the exacts of his spoken conversation.

FEC regulation prohibits “provid[ing] substantial assistance in the solicitation” of a contribution from a foreign national in connection with a U.S. election.
FECA defines “contribution” to include “any gift … of money or anything of value made by any person for the purpose of influencing any election for Federal office.”

trump asked for a favor. One is not contributed to when a favor is asked . There was no gift given of any value as well.

a favor is not a service.....nor is it a "THING" OF V A L U E.....though it has value...it is not a tangible thing of value used for ones weath.

fa·vor
/ˈfāvər/
noun

an act of kindness beyond what is due or usual.
"I've come to ask you a favor"

in the above post it states thing of value CONTRIBUTED.......

TRUMP ASK FOR A FAVOR TO LOOK INTO UKRAINE'S OWN AFFAIRS ABOUT THE PROSECUTION AND CORTRUPTION FOR THIER OWN BETTERMENT.... NOT HIS NOR HIS CAMPAIGN

.a)Whoever, directly or indirectly, knowingly causes or attempts to cause any person to make a contribution of a thing of value (including services) for the benefit of any candidate or any political party, by means of the denial or deprivation, or the threat of the denial or deprivation, of—

It is very questionable and needs to be looked into in regards to Biden and the above paragraph..cuz what I can see so far...Biden pretty much ...well most likely..broke that law....is there evidence?if he broke it..yes there is somewhere.

AGAIN..A FAVOR IS NOT A SERVICE..AND THAT IS WHAT TRUMP ASKED

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: Joneselius
Trump's imagined wrongdoings

It's not imagined. I read the transcript. It looks like real evidence to me. You can try to dismiss it as not evidence but that's now how any judge is going to see it:

"On September 23, 2019, Common Cause filed a complaint with the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Election Commission (FEC) alleging that President Donald Trump, his personal attorney Rudy Giuliani, and other political operatives illegally solicited a political contribution from a foreign national—by urging Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky and other Ukrainian officials to investigate Hunter Biden and 2020 presidential candidate Joe Biden. The allegations were first published in The Wall Street Journal, and subsequently President Trump admitted that during a July 25th phone call he pressured President Zelensky to pursue the investigation of his political rival and his son.

Federal law prohibits a foreign national from directly or indirectly making a “contribution or donation of money or other thing of value” in connection with a U.S. election. Federal law also prohibits a person from soliciting or providing substantial assistance in the solicitation of such a contribution from a foreign national. Federal law defines “contribution” to include “any gift … of money or anything of value made by any person for the purpose of influencing any election for Federal office.” And the FEC by regulation defines “solicit” to mean “to ask, request, or recommend, explicitly or implicitly, that another person make a contribution, donation, transfer of funds, or otherwise provide anything of value.”"

People are filing complaints with DOJ. Show me one link where someone files a complaint against Joe Biden? There are none because there is no evidence.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Faeded

How about an offer he couldn't refuse.

Or are you saying that because his "request" was not fulfilled, it doesn't matter that he sought it?
edit on 9/30/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I have a whole thread on that here. I'll give you the Reader's Digest version, though.

Shokin was probably dirty, but also likely cleaner than the rest of the government. The allegations of corruption stem from an incident where two of his associates were caught with a hoard of diamonds in their homes. Shokin stated before he fired that he was starting an investigation into the Burisma Group, the company that hired Hunter Biden. I believe he was fired because he was starting that investigation and Biden was worried he might uncover Hunter's money laundering setup. His deputy prosecutor took over for him and a month and a half or so later, Yuriy Lutsenko was appointed to replace him. Lutsenko had a rap sheet in the EU, but was pardoned two years earlier.

Lutsenko was the one who stated that the investigation had found no evidence of corruption. Given his history of taking bribes, I don't believe him.

The founder of the Burisma Group, it should be noted, was on the lam trying to escape prosecution for corrupt financial practices during this whole time. He finally was allowed to return to Ukraine while Lutsenko was in power, thanks to some hefty payoffs according to rumor.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Lutsenko was the one who stated that the investigation had found no evidence of corruption. Given his history of taking bribes, I don't believe him.

Did Shokin say anything? Do you believe him?

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I am surprisingly confused from your questions..I should take the moment to understand
what you are asking me

originally posted by: Phage

Or are you saying that because his "request" was not fulfilled, it doesn't matter that he sought it?

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Concentrate on the second part.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 01:59 AM
link   
He being trump ?[or zelensky?
No I am not saying because his request was not fulfilled.
quote]originally posted by: Faeded
I am surprisingly confused from your questions..I should take the moment to understand
what you are asking me

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 02:02 AM
link   

I'll try to clarify.

Are you saying that, because it seems that Zelensky has not complied with Trump's request for a favor and the funds that Congress allocated to the defense of Ukraine were eventually released, none of it matters?

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 02:02 AM
link   

The "favor" was given before the phone conversation. Zelensky simply acknowledged that he already intended to look into the allegations around the Burisma Group. The talk about Biden was almost an afterthought, only brought up because Joe Biden bragged about getting Viktor Shokin fired by threatening to withhold allocated funds and Hunter Biden was in the middle of the Burisma Group controversy.

There was no withholding or threatening to withhold anything mentioned in the call, and Zelensky gave a joint press conference afterward with Trump stating he never felt pressured in any way.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 02:04 AM
link   

There was no withholding or threatening to withhold anything mentioned in the call, and Zelensky gave a joint press conference afterward with Trump stating he never felt pressured in any way.

We don't know that for certain. We got a summary of the call.

But tell me, did you ever watch the Sopranos? A threat need not be explicit to be clear and one may not say they felt pressured in public, while sitting next to the one who applied pressure.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Shokin says he was railroaded because of the Burisma Group investigation and because Biden controlled the government of Ukraine through funding. He has given affidavits to that effect.

Yes, I believe him. He is no longer active in politics, so why lie? He has a nice comfortable retired life as it is.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Thanks. I guess the other governments involved were part of the scheme against him.

so why lie?
A "pension?"

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Look at it from another point of view.

Let's say we are talking about your seriously destructive addiction to tator-tots.
I might say to you..hey phage do me a favor and
clean your act up...get off the tator+-tots..drop your tator got friends and look into your current environment and colleagues for possible tator tot indulgences and possible influences.

Concentrate on the second part.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 02:09 AM
link   

We don't know that for certain. We got a summary of the call.

No, we got the official word-for-word transcript.

But tell me, did you ever watch the Sopranos? A threat need not be explicit to be clear.

Donald Trump is not Tony Soprano. Tony Soprano isn't even Tony Soprano. It's a TV show, Phage. Those are actors playing pretend. It's not real.

Incidentally, no, I never watched it; I just know the name from too much advertising. Mob shows aren't my thing.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 02:09 AM
link   
No

I'll try to clarify.

Are you saying that, because it seems that Zelensky has not complied with Trump's request for a favor and the funds that Congress allocated to the defense of Ukraine were eventually released, none of it matters?

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Is there going to be a formal investigation into the entire Trump-Giuliani-Joe-Hunter-DNC Ukraine saga?

So far, all I'm seeing is MSM Pundit and Forum/Twitter thoughts and interpretations.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Actually, the only "sheme" appears to be those two associates with the diamonds. not a smart move to be sure. Why keep diamonds in your house when you can dump them on the black market and get untraceable zeros in off-shore bank accounts?

Smells like a set-up to me. Probably the other governments just bought into it.

What do you think of his replacement being a felon? Is that an improvement?

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 02:12 AM
link   

No, we got the official word-for-word transcript.

Then what's with the disclaimer?

The transcript, in keeping with White House practice, is a memorandum of a telephone conversation and is not a verbatim account of the conversation. The text reflects the notes and memories of officials in the Situation Room. A disclaimer in the transcript warns that a number of factors “can affect the accuracy of the record, including poor telecommunications connections and variations in accent.”

www.denverpost.com...

Those are actors playing pretend. It's not real.
Thanks. Because if anyone ever actually did that sort of thing it would be bad. Extortion is bad. Good thing it's only TV.

What do you think of his replacement being a felon? Is that an improvement?
No. As I said, corruption in former Communist regimes seems to be a real problem.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Watch what you say. If it turns out Phage is a Democrat, you would be buried under a prison for that.

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join