It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something is Just Not Right Here

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Maybe because there's no evidence other than Republicans grasping at straws that Joe Biden did anything wrong. Where as with Trump it's pretty blatant evidence.

I don't think I would consider asking for a "favor" concerning an accepted crime (Russian interference in the 2016 elections) quite as blatant as openly bragging about how one used a financial threat to specifically target a prosecutor of a foreign nation.

The NSA undoubtedly recorded Trumps conversation. They should be able to disclose the actual recording.

Ii have heard nothing to indicate that all phone calls are recorded on audio. Everything I have heard is that they are transcribed. That would make some sense; I cannot imagine the logistics of trying to correlate audio recordings of every phone call made from or to the White House since the phones were invented. I can comprehend the logistics of a filing system of transcripts, however.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

As usual, it's complicated.

Who to believe is a problem.

Bloomberg has a nice writeup of the timeline. In case anyone watch to read how things developed from 2009 on.

www.bloomberg.com...

However it should be noted that Ukraine's Burisma case was closed and no wrong doing was found and the company agreed to pay any taxes that it owed.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

I have to point out that i find it amusing how the article starts off with Shokin's complaint about Biden calling his mother a bitch. For once I can defend Biden wholeheartedly. He did not call Shokin's mother a bitch; he used the phrase to emphasize surprise (in a sarcastic context) at the firing of Shokin, not as a directed insult.

I find it funny how the language barriers can lead to such misunderstandings. Of course, I think Biden could have been a bit more reserved discussing a foreign actor, but hey, so could Trump. Goose, gander, and all that.

The discovered diamonds stood out in my mind because they are a quite inefficient way to hoard ill-gotten gains and are a symbolic visual as well. What better way to raise public ire than to say diamonds were found? That would tend to bring out public ire much better than saying money was found in offshore accounts in the associates' names. That reeks of setup to me, and resulted in the public attitude that Shokin was corrupt.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

This is exactly what I was thinking WHY is it not on.... so to speak to be investigating Biden ? Is he ABOVE THE LAW ?

Yesterday, while watching the Maguire hearing on TV, I kept thinking to myself every time Schiff mentioned the President not being above the law, neither is Schiff! Maguire stated clearly that he was bound by Executive Privilege, and yet Schiff kept insinuating that he should have violated Executive privilege because Schiff wanted him to.

Something about a pot and a kettle exchanging insults...

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Complicated is an understatement. Not being familiar with the Ukraine is a handicap as well... it's like trying to watch a TV series after it has been running for a couple of seasons: one does not know the backstory of the characters.

However it should be noted that Ukraine's Burisma case was closed and no wrong doing was found and the company agreed to pay any taxes that it owed.

That in itself is somewhat confusing to me. No wrongdoing was found, but they'll pay for their wrongdoing? Last I heard, tax evasion is wrongdoing.

I could understand it better if it was announced that there was no intent to violate the law and an agreement had been reached to drop the case. Same result, but much more believable. The only difference is the exoneration wouldn't be as absolute... why is that a thing?

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   
trumps still hiding his taxes, where is the outrage and thread after thread demanding an investigation?

A conspiracy forum where the president can do no wrong? How times have changed.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

In addition to the United States government, the European Union and the International Monetary Fund have demanded that Shokin be replaced.

Hmmmm...a look at Shokin's enemies seem to suggest that either he's not a crook or at least not a member of the ruling class of crooks.
edit on 27-9-2019 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   

At the hearing yesterday, the guy being questioned said that there are 4 agents who sit there and write down what was said for every phone call the President has. Then the 4 sit together and go over their notes and come to a consensus as to what was said. He also said the calls are never recorded.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: contextual
trumps still hiding his taxes, where is the outrage and thread after thread demanding an investigation?

Change the law then! There is no law that requires the President nor any other elected official to disclose their taxes. Also with all of the leaks and all of the Obama hold overs still employed at the IRS you can bet your life if they had anything? IT WOULD HAVE BEEN LEAKED.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: contextual

The outrage and thread after thread of investigating nothing?

See, sensible people only investigate when a crime has been committed.

The rest voted for Hillary...

edit on 9/27/2019 by MykeNukem because: sp.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

At the risk of straying off topic, some of Trump's taxes were leaked, remember? Rachal Maddow got them and exposed on prime time TV that Trump was guilty of paying his taxes.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: seeker1963

At the risk of straying off topic, some of Trump's taxes were leaked, remember? Rachal Maddow got them and exposed on prime time TV that Trump was guilty of paying his taxes.

TheRedneck

oops, guess that was such a joke I forgot about it. lol

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Just read somewhere this morning a bunch of Dims are headed to the Ukraine to see if they can get dirt on the President and perhaps I would guess cover some of Bidens dirt.

Don't recall where I read it.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: mikell

Just read somewhere this morning a bunch of Dims are headed to the Ukraine to see if they can get dirt on the President and perhaps I would guess cover some of Bidens dirt.

Hopefully Ukraine will not declare war on us over this.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
I must admit that seeing the Republicans vote 100% to release the whistle blower complaints made me step back and consider the reasoning. Seriously, all votes have seemed to boringly run along partisan division.

They are sane. If there is something there or not, they want to see it, now that the accusation is out there. Makes sense to me. I'd vote to release it too.

It does make wonder if the House did vote to impeach, that the Senate may surprise everyone by actually having a trial.why? Is it possible that this is a trap that the rinos and Dem party are going to step into and drain the swamp unknowingly?

Trump will be able to call upon witnesses who will be under oath. Such a trial would have live media coverage. The world will be watching and listening. It may actually be the only way to pull the plug on this and catch them in the whirlpool of their own deceits. Once they are caught up in a trial, it will be difficult to swim away.

Very interesting speculation... not implausible, but maybe too much to hope for...

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Maybe because there's no evidence other than Republicans grasping at straws that Joe Biden did anything wrong. Where as with Trump it's pretty blatant evidence.

The NSA undoubtedly recorded Trumps conversation. They should be able to disclose the actual recording.

Nice woke post from the resident NPC - chock full of utter brainwashed slop laced with feelings and clouded with intolerance.

Good stuff

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   

For once I can defend Biden wholeheartedly. He did not call Shokin's mother a bitch; he used the phrase to emphasize surprise (in a sarcastic context) at the firing of Shokin, not as a directed insult.

I don't know about that one, when there is a billion dollars on the table and support from Obama I doubt there was much surprise in the results. The contempt for Shokin is clear.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Absolutely incredible post/information

I still haven’t digested it all just yet but wow excellent research

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   
This whole situation is going to take both Trump and Biden down. It can't NOT. You have to know (Ok, guess) that the "locked down" conversation between Trump and MBS is going to contain something unsavory, perhaps yukkin' it up over the death of the WP journalist. McConnell, ever the insider, is going to betray Trump. Wait and see.

As for Biden, I doubt he can survive this either, despite the current thinking/data that he and his son did nothing wrong. This is a big asteroid that is hitting the political world, and Biden is standing way too close to the impact zone.

BOTH are done.

Will Trump fire Pence and replace him with Ivanka to avoid what would certainly be a Pence/McConnell-led coup?

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

The dude is on freaking video admitting to quid pro quo. Jesus H Christ.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join