It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop living in the mud pit

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I get the purpose of the mud pit. I really do. But all it does is allow a toxic culture of political discourse to develop that spreads out to other threads. More and more people seem to be living in the mud pit as opposed to creating a civil discussion about a given topic in an appropriate forum.

Yesterday I saw the top 7 or 8 stories on ATS’s main page all stemming from the mud pit. I will occasionally glance at them but I try to stay as far away from them as I can. I get it though, I’m not everyone. Some people like it but it’s where opinions matter more than facts. Is that really where we want to be? Are we really that sensitive to factual arguments against our beliefs that we can’t have a civil dialogue about it?

Que the “nobody is making your read it” bots. Que the “ATS is all about user contributions blah blah blah”. Heard it, expect it, cool with it. Just maybe, maybe some people can have the courage to write a thread outside of the mud pit where it has to stand against fact based opposition and adversity.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Don't we pretty much live in a mudpit thanks to the Dems of the USA? It's the going concern.

a reply to: Assassin82

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Assassin82
I get the purpose of the mud pit. I really do. But all it does is allow a toxic culture of political discourse to develop that spreads out to other threads. More and more people seem to be living in the mud pit as opposed to creating a civil discussion about a given topic in an appropriate forum.

Yesterday I saw the top 7 or 8 stories on ATS’s main page all stemming from the mud pit. I will occasionally glance at them but I try to stay as far away from them as I can. I get it though, I’m not everyone. Some people like it but it’s where opinions matter more than facts. Is that really where we want to be? Are we really that sensitive to factual arguments against our beliefs that we can’t have a civil dialogue about it?

Que the “nobody is making your read it” bots. Que the “ATS is all about user contributions blah blah blah”. Heard it, expect it, cool with it. Just maybe, maybe some people can have the courage to write a thread outside of the mud pit where it has to stand against fact based opposition and adversity.

Very fair statement but lets be honest, no matter how civil and factual it starts out in the correct forum the immaturity, unarticulated responses if not down right offensive responses that frequent (but certainly not all) only encourage future OP's to go down the mudpit path so they can give as good as they get.

Sad but true.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Knowing how heated the political topics are to start with, I choose to put them in the Mud-Pit preemptively. I wish that this would not be necessary, but I cannot change the way many people are.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   

The mudpit is light entertainment. I wouldn't even bother to log on if the mudpit didn't exist in all it's profane and insulting glory!!

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

The mudpit is light entertainment. I wouldn't even bother to log on if the mudpit didn't exist in all it's profane and insulting glory!!

Agreed but :

Lol - you don't need the mudpit for that.

Any forum will do. Close your eyes take a lucky press on the forum page and bingo - as you described.
edit on 26-9-2019 by CthruU because: 1

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I agree, I try to avoid but sometimes the titles are just too clickbait to stay away.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU

originally posted by: olaru12

Agreed but :

Lol - you don't need the mudpit for that.

Any forum will do. Close your eyes take a lucky press on the forum page and bingo - as you described.

And bingo to you sir! The mudslinging here has developed into a fine art, caking the entire site with a thick crust of soggy gunk. Long may she wave!!
edit on 26-9-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   
That's not mud.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Argument and drama are addictive, that's why reality TV is so popular. Those in power are feeding us our drama with their narrative, it's all just bread and circus to keep us preoccupied while they commit highway robbery behind the scenes. Not a single person has gone to jail or faced justice but it's always "just around the corner" until the next technicality or loophole let's the criminals get away.

The mud pit is a way to kill civil discussion in my opinion, but it keeps the people coming back and drives ad revenue. I'm guilty of "living in the mud pit" from time to time so I'm not really one to talk. 😋
edit on 9/26/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Que the “nobody is making your read it” bots.

Its not about "bots"
That is a very factual statement
Heed the advice.
And....

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Its not about "bots"
Heed the advice.
And....

There it is.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   
It's all designed to keep you in your lower base chakras. You cannot ascend or go anywhere while stuck in them.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I don't bathe, comb my hair, wipe or brush my teeth, I just go straight to the Mud Pit...... There is strength in numbers, and the Mud Pit is number 1....

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Argument and drama are addictive, that's why reality TV is so popular. Those in power are feeding us our drama with their narrative, it's all just bread and circus to keep us preoccupied while they commit highway robbery behind the scenes. Not a single person has gone to jail or faced justice but it's always "just around the corner" until the next technicality or loophole let's the criminals get away.

The mud pit is a way to kill civil discussion in my opinion, but it keeps the people coming back and drives ad revenue. I'm guilty of "living in the mud pit" from time to time so I'm not really over to talk. 😋

You are right. We have been collectively dumbed down to the point where anything beyond Saturday morning cartoons is too stressful for us and we’ve been programmed to lash out at adversity with name calling and finger pointing.

That’s not to be an insult to anyone...it’s a societal issue.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   
It's just a matter of time, this thread, even though not in the said "mudpit" takes on that glossy sheen and smell of the foul turbid place we all know and love.

edit on 26-9-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Its not about "bots"
Heed the advice.
And....

There it is.

There what is ?
The truth ?
I cannot help it if you cannot handle the truth...
The Mud Pit is here for a reason.
You don't like the reason
I have already commented on that one.
Grandma always said , "If you cant stand the heat , stay out of the damn kitchen"

edit on 9/26/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Its not about "bots"
Heed the advice.
And....

There it is.

There what is ?
The truth ?

“There it is” as in “there’s the first person to take offense to a differing opinion”. You’re upset that I’m saying the mud pit is a toxic community to discuss current events in. That it can’t hold up to a fact based conversation. So, there it is. I apologize if I offended you.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Its not about "bots"
Heed the advice.
And....

There it is.

There what is ?
The truth ?

“There it is” as in “there’s the first person to take offense to a differing opinion”. You’re upset that I’m saying the mud pit is a toxic community to discuss current events in. That it can’t hold up to a fact based conversation. So, there it is. I apologize if I offended you.

I did not take offense
What made you think that ?
I merely stated the truth.
I have seen that scenario way too many times..
Someone gets their tater smacked in the Mud Pit , then opens a thread "I dont like that mean old Mud Pit"

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Its not about "bots"
Heed the advice.
And....

There it is.

There what is ?
The truth ?

I did not take offense
What made you think that ?
I merely stated the truth.
I have seen that scenario way too many times..
Someone gets their tater smacked in the Mud Pit , then opens a thread "I dont like that mean old Mud Pit"

Feel free to look at my posting history; you will see little interaction with the mud pit.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join