It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop living in the mud pit

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   
What bugs me is how some people on opposing political sides seem to treat each other outside the mud pit, it's bloody childish! Some of my favourite posters on here have a completely different political view/belief than me but it doesn't mean I ignore them or doesn't stop me giving them a star or enjoying there posts.
Just little things like that you notice around here and it never used to be like that.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   
My two thoughts after reading your rant were a) don’t tell me what to do and b) speak for yourself. I don’t like the Mudpit anymore then the next poor slob, but I don’t see the point in complaining about it. In many ways I have become an improved version of myself because of the Mudpit simply because it forces us to toughen the hell up and improve our arguments.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   
The mud pit threads may be the most popular at the moment, but if you actually take some time, and go into Forums, you can find some hidden gems.

Took me a while to figure out that the "Live" page, doesn't always mean "good".

Do a little digging, it will be worth it.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Assassin82

I'm okay with people flinging poo in the mudpit as much as they want- I just wish they would contain it there!
It's leaking out into every other forum. Almost every thread outside of the mudpit ends up being twisted into a political mud fest with someone always finding a way to turn it into a political battle. It is very rare that anyone puts a stop to it and it is rapidly becoming monotonous!

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

I'm okay with people flinging poo in the mudpit as much as they want- I just wish they would contain it there!
It's leaking out into every other forum. Almost every thread outside of the mudpit ends up being twisted into a political mud fest with someone always finding a way to turn it into a political battle. It is very rare that anyone puts a stop to it and it is rapidly becoming monotonous!

Exactly this!!

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Oh don't knock it to much.
Without the mud pit traffic this website would probably not have enough traffic to stay afloat.
Blurry Bigfoot pics get rather boring.

You are not the only one here with this viewpoint and the mud pit gets loads of heat but I would like to point out that this website also has forums in the following..

Automotive
Pets
Relationships
Food
Travel
Movies
Music
Sports

Those are not exactly conspiracy topics.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   
If it wasn’t for the Mud pit forum and the radical left posters with disgusting attitudes toward people who don’t live on the coasts, I would’ve never joined. Looks like the left on this site didn’t like the backlash for their hatred because I only see people that lean left complain about the mud pit.

None of you minded when it was popular to call middle America racists, nazis, uneducated, hillbillies, rednecks, deplorables, etc. I say grow a pair or stay out of the mud pit if it hurts your feelings, but you can thank the radical left on this site for the stubborn attitude from the right.
edit on 26-9-2019 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   
There are different forums than “The Pit”?

I’ll have to check them out...

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Huffington Post

You seem to be living in your own sand box. I don't disagree with you but look what is being fed to the general population. You can see what they are doing but the majority of Americans don't see it and trust the scavengers in MSM.

Today from the Huffington Post

WEIRD NEWS 09/26/2019 04:14 am ET Updated 4 hours ago Trump Just Threw Pence Under The Bus And Now ‘President Pelosi’ Is Trending The president dragged the VP’s name into the Ukraine scandal and critics are celebrating. headshot By Ed Mazza

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TheGreatWork

Excellent point.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU
Very fair statement but lets be honest, no matter how civil and factual it starts out in the correct forum the immaturity, unarticulated responses if not down right offensive responses that frequent (but certainly not all) only encourage future OP's to go down the mudpit path so they can give as good as they get.

Sad but true.

Isn't it? Radical-Leftists just can't help themselves, since they have nothing substantive to support their lame arguments.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   

If you check, all, that is ALL, of my threads (even political ones) are created outside the mudpit for just that reason. I don't want petty bickering and personal trolling in those threads. I hope for actual thoughtful discussion. More times than not I do get that, but there are a certain subset of members that simply cannot help themselves and just feel the need to react in a silly and rude manner to everything.

SO, some of us DO try to do what you are whining about because....

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   

There should be a setting where you can disable ever seeing the Mud Pit on the "new" page.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
If it wasn’t for the Mud pit forum and the radical left posters with disgusting attitudes toward people who don’t live on the coasts, I would’ve never joined. Looks like the left on this site didn’t like the backlash for their hatred because I only see people that lean left complain about the mud pit.

None of you minded when it was popular to call middle America racists, nazis, uneducated, hillbillies, rednecks, deplorables, etc. I say grow a pair or stay out of the mud pit if it hurts your feelings, but you can thank the radical left on this site for the stubborn attitude from the right.

I Definitely don’t lean left. I don’t lean any direction. But thinks for the keen observation, as false as it may be. Your response validates my point, in that the mud pit bleeds over to other threads.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

If you check, all, that is ALL, of my threads (even political ones) are created outside the mudpit for just that reason. I don't want petty bickering and personal trolling in those threads. I hope for actual thoughtful discussion. More times than not I do get that, but there are a certain subset of members that simply cannot help themselves and just feel the need to react in a silly and rude manner to everything.

I guess reading is hard. My solution is in the title. Maybe you just over looked it?

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass

Huffington Post

You seem to be living in your own sand box. I don't disagree with you but look what is being fed to the general population. You can see what they are doing but the majority of Americans don't see it and trust the scavengers in MSM.

Today from the Huffington Post

WEIRD NEWS 09/26/2019 04:14 am ET Updated 4 hours ago Trump Just Threw Pence Under The Bus And Now ‘President Pelosi’ Is Trending The president dragged the VP’s name into the Ukraine scandal and critics are celebrating. headshot By Ed Mazza

I actively ensure that I don’t read anything from the Huffington Post. Most mainstream sites I take with a massive grain of salt. HuffPo doesn’t even get that.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

There should be a setting where you can disable ever seeing the Mud Pit on the "new" page.

That would be nice.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Assassin82

I guess reading is hard. My solution is in the title. Maybe you just over looked it?

Really? A mudpit response in a rant against that very same thing. See, that is called hypocrisy. Look it up sometime, it might explain why many are arguing over politics.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Really? A mudpit response in a rant against that very same thing. See, that is called hypocrisy. Look it up sometime, it might explain why many are arguing over politics.

You said I didn’t offer a suggestion after a complaint, when in fact the suggestion was that people should stop living in the mud pit and create threads in their more appropriate forums where they can, or cannot, stand up against a solid and fact based argument.

You attached a meme to help further your failed point which called me a “whiner”. Lol. But yeah, I’m the hypocrite. Funny guy.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   

You said I didn’t offer a suggestion after a complaint, when in fact the suggestion was that people should stop living in the mud pit and create threads in their more appropriate forums where they can, or cannot, stand up against a solid and fact based argument.

You attached a meme to help further your failed point which called me a “whiner”. Lol. But yeah, I’m the hypocrite. Funny guy.

A real solution is actually creating threads outside the mudpit, not just telling others to do that. See, that is a solution...actually walking the walk. Telling others to do what you are not is still not a solution, but a lame excuse for a whiner. Too bad you do not understand that distinction.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join