It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to cool your PC, Russian style.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   
When I started to watch this, I thought it was 100% a skit... But he really does make a vodka cooled PC. lmao

I present to you, the Life of Boris.

(it's 6am, don't hate)

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: gallop

This

Was

Awesome

thank you

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Alcohol works great as a coolant. They have used it in cars before. The only problem is, its flammable

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Man, I love Russians!

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   
ha i think i have the bigger version of his pc case, i dont use vodka to cool mine though

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I lived ten years in Central Asia, in a former Soviet satellite. Grew to really appreciate the Russian spirit.

#RuskiesRock
:
edit on 2019 9 22 by incoserv because: I could.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Hey whatever works. Just for extra performance I would add some dry ice to that vodka shake it up a bit wait a minute or two, and pump it through the tubes, you know just to see what happens, just you know, as long as it has an outlet to let out some steam that vodka vortex should keep it from building up.

But then again to expensive as the dry ice would melt to fast if its not sealed, may as well just use R22 refrigerent, it turns to gas at room temperatures, then you just have to pressurize it with some cheap piston, they got to sell some somewere or just find it in an old busted AC and take it out of there at the junk yard, and stick it into the PC.

But I think that picture of that guy who stuck his PC in the fridge would be better and more effective then both ways, they do sell little tiny fridges that dont take that much power or space. Drill some holes and seal them back up, run some cables out of it. And presto spagetio, super cooled PC, then you can just flip the switch on the tiny fridge when your not using it.

Or. Man that guys PC is way cooler then mine. Mine is like ancient now, for real its slow as all hell, but I stopped using it for gaming years and years ago, also even if I get a new one it would eventually upload windows 10 even if I remover it. Some years ago I woke up in the middle of the night. The thing turned on by itself and was uploading windows 10 after months of always clicking NO, or upload next time or tomorrow, on the update popup screen always just clicked some other time for a almost a year, before it decided to do it by itself.

I almost took the bat to it, to stop it from uploading all the way when I woke up and saw it turned on by itself.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 01:23 AM
link   
When we lived in Central Asia, we heard once that the Russian govt was out of money and they were paying teachers and civil servants with vodka.

Maybe the vodka was just easier to come by than anything else.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 05:55 AM
link   

That's pretty awesome, 'gotta love those crazy Ruskies 🤣👌

I'm reminded of that Scottish bloke a few years back who made the Irn-Bru themed PC lol

🍻

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

Oh man now we are in new territory lol

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   
There is enough subliminal trickery on your computer screen without having to make it worse by adding spirits too.

new topics

top topics

join