It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flu shot?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Every year most the people I know that get a flu shot. Get the flu.

I'm not a "Scientist" or a "Doctor". But by my own observation I can say it doesn't really seem to do much good. Other than programming the masses to be obedient and just assume that whatever they're injecting you with is for your own good and not an experiment.

edit on 13-10-2019 by murphy22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: pacific
a reply to: Blaine91555

Not true. Children pass on pertussis more than adults, I believe, as adults can make decisions that when they are sick they don't go near little babies. Children are in schools and exposed to other sick kids more. And even having the pertussis vaccine as an adult (which I did) did not save me or my kids (also vaccinated) from a wild strain. We all ended up in the ER. My daughter and I were the worst and we were vaccinated, so please don't go on that anti-vaccers are the worst. You can see people here that don't want to take a flu shot for whatever reason. The doctors told me that I should not go anywhere near a pertussis vaccine for a while. I had the best type of exposure and barely lived through it.

My children never get the flu and they've never had a flu shot. However, I get it and my eldest daughter does, too. We avoid people consciously during those time, because we know better than to spread germs. Please when you speak about myths, deaths, dozens of infants and adults not getting shots, supply research papers verifying your claims.

Why babies are dying of whooping cough..

There are many reasons, one of which are adults who themselves don't get vaccinated even though they are around infants. You can be a carrier before you even notice symptoms.

Heatbroken family...

That's why pregnant women need to be vaccinated, to protect their babies who "haven't had enough time to have gotten those immunizations" themselves, he said.

Vaccinating a mother in her third trimester at least two weeks prior to delivery allows time for the needed antibodies to pass through the placenta to the baby, Leonard said.

Jaxon's dad aims to spread awareness of the importance of these vaccinations by starting a foundation named after his son. He has begun by raising funds through an online campaign titled Jaxon's passing/Pertussis awareness.

The above family most certainly believes its important for parents to be vaccinated and I'd say anyone who is around and infant should be or not be around them.

Lung Association...

The best way to protect yourself is by getting vaccinated. This is especially necessary those who come into contact with babies less than 12 months old. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), about half of babies one year old and younger who contract whooping cough end up hospitalized. Young children are also at risk of other complications, such as pneumonia, dehydration and heart failure.

I still remember having Whooping Cough as a child. I went through five weeks of hell and two kids in the same school died around the same time. We had no vaccines. Kids died.

You can get Whooping Cough as an adult and have mild symptoms and not even know you are passing it around, thinking it's just a cold.

Outbreak in Canada right now...

Symptoms are often less severe in older children and adults. The cough can last for more than two months.

AHS encourages Albertans to get immunized against pertussis.

To prevent the spread of the infection, avoid sharing water bottles, lipstick, lip balm or drinks.

It is what it is.
edit on 10/13/2019 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I never used to get flu shots until the last few years my immune system is just garbage and I had the flu 3 years ago and NEVER want that again so even if it only protects me against a couple strains, I’ll take it!

That said, I do know there’s people out there that have bad reactions to the flu shot and won’t get it because of that which is completely understandable.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 11:13 PM
link   
It has been about 15 years since I had the flu vaccine. I started to realize that everytime I got the vaccine i'd be out sick for weeks during the winter. Since I stopped having it I have stopped getting sick. I guess my body is already weakened from HPV and the vaccine just makes it work overtime making me susceptible to other illnesses. I do get a sinus infection every other year though, but thats bacterial and not a virus.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Its getting close to flu season here in the states and I was just curious if anyone was going to get the flu shot.

I had a nasty flu last spring...ten days worth and a visit to the emergency room. Ugh.....
I think they identified it as type 1 or something...
Being under the weather made things a bit fuzzy...

I have never gotten the flu shot but I am seriously considering it this year...

How about you?

Bluntone22,

I have never had a flu shot, and it's not because the flu shot has been known to KILL... ie:

vactruth.com...

The above is a link that will show a billboard that a mother put up regarding the death of her child immediately following a FLU SHOT.

Instead of ADDING more poison or bacteria (from a flu shot) to my body [when I feel a cold or flu symptoms], I will make LOTS of fresh squeezed orange juice... and I recover and feel well quickly, as long as I don't eat sugar or other junk food... my body heals quickly.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Yes, as a front line medical type I am huge risk for an exposure by the nature of my job. From ICU's to ED's I'm bathing in viruses and bacteria all day.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ML8715

Anyone with a compromised immune system should definitely get the vaccine.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Anyone with a compromised immune system should definitely get the vaccine.

Agreed! I had the flu 3 years ago, 2 years ago got bronchitis 3 times over 7 months. Last fall had pneumonia for 6 weeks which was awful. Got my flu shot this year and changed jobs thinking I wouldn’t get sick this fall.

Started feeling sick a week and a half ago. Fever and headache that won’t go away and flu symptoms. Thought for sure I had the flu. NOPE. I have mono 🙄😂 Like I said, my immune system is garbage. I recently was diagnosed with a nerve disorder and my neurologist suspected that I have something that’s compromising my immune system from how much I get sick as well as the problems I have with my knees becoming very swollen and painful randomly which my PCP says is just arthritis based on x rays, but neuro thinks it may be a sign of something else.

Long story short I always get my flu shot now because I know I’ll be down for awhile if I have the flu and any precaution I can take to not have it I will take.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Take the Poison , you Know you Want To , it will Only Hurt for a Little While .............

<< 2  3  4   >>

join