It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flu shot?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Its getting close to flu season here in the states and I was just curious if anyone was going to get the flu shot.

I had a nasty flu last spring...ten days worth and a visit to the emergency room. Ugh.....
I think they identified it as type 1 or something...
Being under the weather made things a bit fuzzy...

I have never gotten the flu shot but I am seriously considering it this year...

How about you?

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Last year's flu was delirious, pants-crapping, fever-dream madness for me.

Still, I'll pass on the shot.
edit on 19/9/2019 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   
When they give away free shot's to the masses l'm out no thank you .

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I usually get one. It's not really for me, but for the kids in my life. If I can prevent myself from carrying the flu virus and it prevents a kid from getting sick, it's worth it to me. I know that the efficacy of the vaccine is way less than 100%; it varies every year. But it doesn't cost anything, and it certainly has never made me sick. Of course you will get people saying it's all a CIA entrapment operation, but this is ATS. Whaddya expect?

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I think they identified it as type 1 or something... Being under the weather made things a bit fuzzy...

Type 1 is a diabetic designation. yep, that might make you feel under the weather.

Can't even remember when I last got a flu shot. Haven't gotten the flu either.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Got the flu shot twice and got bad upper respiratory illness for next 2 months both times. My Dr. always lectures me since I refuse the shot now.

Last year I got so sick in late April. I went to the Dr. and he lectured me about not getting the flu shot. Took a swab and I didn't have the flu, I had bronchial pneumonia. That was a rough couple of days I tell ya.

Anyway, I am still not going to get the flu shot.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Last time I got the shot, I got a cold that lasted nine months.
Screw that, I'll take my chances.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I'm not diabetic...

The flu was type 1 or type A or something...

I was in a bit of a haze at the time so I dont remember.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Nope.
Never had one.

I don't get sick very often, and when I do, I just take some homemade things, and it doesn't last very long.

Been lucky I guess.

I also don't use the hand sanitizer at all. That stuff freaks me out more than germs for some reason.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Its getting close to flu season here in the states and I was just curious if anyone was going to get the flu shot.

I had a nasty flu last spring...ten days worth and a visit to the emergency room. Ugh.....
I think they identified it as type 1 or something...
Being under the weather made things a bit fuzzy...

I have never gotten the flu shot but I am seriously considering it this year...

How about you?

I have never got the flu shot. Some years I get it, others I dont. I dont think it matters. I think people get the flu, they always have and always will.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I get a bad reaction to the flu vaccination, so I no longer even consider getting one. Three different doctors told me to not take it because of the cytokine storms I experienced in the past. At first I thought it was a coincidence that I got a severe flu a few days later and so did the doctor years ago. The second time I got one I got extremely sick too, that doctor advised me to never get one again. A couple of my doctors since then have told me that I have immunity and that the reaction to the shot could even kill me. So, no, I will never get a flu shot, I learned the hard way already. I am not going to ever get the DTAP again either, strictly the tetnus or nothing. According to research I read, a Tetnus shot actually works for about thirty years. Of course, that is European research, they are not in the pockets of the Pharma companies there.

If someone wants to get the flu vaccine, it is their right, but if they get sicker than hell from it they should talk to the doctor and not automatically feel they got the flu. The main butt of the cytokine storm actually takes a few days to happen, even up to a week later sometimes with a slow buildup sometimes, sort of like you are catching something. I was full blown sick about three days later. It was not the flu, my body reacted to the shot like the virus was right in my blood and goes psycho.
edit on 19-9-2019 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Just finished 6 days of it.

Your choice. However I would advise the Pneumonia vaccine.
edit on 19-9-2019 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Just finished 6 days of it.

Your choice. However I would advise the Pneumonia vaccine.

I read many articles on the Pneumonia vaccine, half good, half bad. I do not know if I would do that vaccine myself, but I do still have an open mind on it. I actually try to calm my immune system, not stimulate it.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Nope. Allergic to it.

I’m too cute to get sick.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Right....
You're to sick to be cute....

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
I usually get one. It's not really for me, but for the kids in my life.

That's a very good reason

The same reason adults need to get vaccinated for Whooping Cough. It's adults who give the small children Pertussis that kills some of them. Anti-vaccers do kill.

With the flu, it's tens of thousands dead vs. a tiny number of people who have a genuine bad reaction. Bad reactions are so rare as to be a non issue considering how many the flu kills.

Link

The other group of people at highest risk for serious complications from the flu is children, especially those under 5 years old. Children under 6 months old are at highest risk for complications from the flu, but they are too young to receive the vaccine. For this reason, it is very important for parents and caregivers of infants to get the flu vaccine. The vaccine can prevent up to 66% of flu infections in young children, with the numbers being even higher for older children.

Anyone who is afraid of vaccines and bought into the myths about them, should at least make sure they don't go anywhere near elderly people or small children. Look at the dozens of infants who die each year due to adults who don't get their shots.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Never had the flu shot and I am not starting now. I don't get the flu every year, probably because I barely go out.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Link from 2018

An estimated 80,000 Americans died of flu and its complications last winter — the disease’s highest death toll in at least four decades.

Compare that to the handful of people who genuinely can't have the shot and it paints the picture. Paranoia kills in this case.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I have received a gift that keeps on giving in asbestos related pulminary disease (ARPD), In addition to making it hard to draw breath, my body now has a much more difficult time fighting off infections. I can't afford to get a bad case of the flu so I get the shot every year.

The worst reaction i have ever had was an inflamed injection site.

I also had the pneumonia vaccine. I REALLY can't afford to contract THAT!

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Our office department was once offered the flu shot because "they've got a batch that are nearly out of date and they want to use them up". I turned down that offer.

I always turn down flu shots because a) I hate needles, and b) Logic tells me that I must die from something, and it might be a false move to eliminate all the possibilities that are not heart disease or cancer.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join