It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flu shot?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

The flu mutates pretty easily. That is why they need to give new vaccines every year. The old ones didn't wear off they just dont work on the new strains.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Much better but some people feel they are irreplaceable in the workforce and just won't stay home and others have employers who complain whenever someone calls in sick.
Lose/ lose.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I have seen the same sections in cemetaries here on the east coast too.
There are a few acres in one cemetery in Queens NYC. All children many many from that time.

My grandmother lost a son to it. He would have been my fathers oldest brother.

In a tiny cemetery on the eastern shore of Virginia we found the grave of a young boy who we figured died from the flu because his stone said 1919. Winter but I cant remember which month.
My little boy left him a matchbox car on top of his marker.
We have actually been to see him a couple of times. The car is still there and that little boy who left the toy is 23 years old now.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
Just had my physical and passed on the flu, pneumonia and shingles vaccines.

The shingles vaccination hurts. It hurts a LOT. You have to get two pokes now instead of just one. Both of 'em hurt like Hell.

The flu vaccination is nothing in comparison, though it does amp up your immune system which makes people feel like they've received a mild dose of the flu.

I can't tell you much about the pneumonia vax (after my time).

I have seen people come down with shingles and the flu. You don't want that. I've had pneumonia three times myself. You don't want that. Take the pokes and avoid the risks.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
Shingles was not much fun.

Hate to tell you, but you've gotta go back and get the new one(s). See my post above.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Deplorable

I've now asked two doctors if I need to get the shot since I've already had shingles. Neither one answered me. Clearly they were not sure.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
I work at a hospital, pathologists and Dr mostly complain ...

My dad was a pathologist for 40+ years. His opinion differed.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
I've now asked two doctors if I need to get the shot since I've already had shingles. Neither one answered me. Clearly they were not sure.

There for a while I believed I didn't need to worry about it because I had Chickenpox back in the '60s. I stepped up when the new vax was offered ... maybe less than ten years ago.

My wife was told by her doc she had to take the vax because her immune system was gonna crash due to some other meds. When we went to get her stuck, the pharmacy guy asked, "You too?" I told him I already got mine and he said, "Uh uhh. That one isn't nearly as effective as the new ones."

So ... I manned up and took 'em again. They really really hurt. LOL. I still feel bad for my wife as I'm typing this.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I've been looking more using Google over the last hour and it's really vague. I think I will get one then. The pain of the shots would in no way compare to the pain of shingles. I don't want to go through that again. My whole right rib cage area was covered. Doc warned me and I did not listen.

Best I can recall, it would have been 1959 when I had the Chickenpox as a young child. One of a handful of clear memories I have that young, was looking at my belly and seeing all the red spots.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Just like everything, there are differing opinions. Like my post where I said mostly, some were all for it.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I work in health care. Thank you though. My post was about a universal flu shot. Mutations won't matter as much, it will be one and done and will not require yearly shots with low efficacy.

There are several in development. I believe at least one is in human trials.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462

It's unlikely that the flu shot made you sick, but it does happen. GBS is a rare adverse reaction. What were your symptoms? Usually it's just coincidental timing.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   

It's a problem even among those vaccinated. It's hard to call out if you don't have PTO and need the money. But then you screw over others.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Years ago I got quite sick and went into the urgent care. They did quite the work up and took a swab and said it was going to the CDC. The DR said I probably had H1N1 and sent me home with some meds. To this day I do not know if I had the flu.

Anyways this article worries me about the shot

Canadian researchers noticed in the early weeks of the pandemic that people who got a flu shot for the 2008-2009 winter seemed to be more likely to get infected with the pandemic virus than people who hadn't received a flu shot.

CBC

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 11:48 PM
link   

The new vaccination didn't become available where we live until earlier in this year. As memory serves, the pharmacist said the old one was a live virus and something like 55% effective. This new one isn't live and it's 90% effective. I take stats like those with a grain o'salt, but I haven't been hit with shingles either.

The way I see it, I've accumulated enough health problems approaching 60. Not leaving the door open any wider than necessary lest I invite another unwanted guest.

Let me warn you again, those shots hit like Thor's Hammer. Expect three or four days of, "Wow! That really does hurt!!" Also, I think you've got to wait a month before you go back for the second bullet, but less than two months.

Cheers!!

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Only one lady in our office receives it, then she goes off sick for a couple of months

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Not true. Children pass on pertussis more than adults, I believe, as adults can make decisions that when they are sick they don't go near little babies. Children are in schools and exposed to other sick kids more. And even having the pertussis vaccine as an adult (which I did) did not save me or my kids (also vaccinated) from a wild strain. We all ended up in the ER. My daughter and I were the worst and we were vaccinated, so please don't go on that anti-vaccers are the worst. You can see people here that don't want to take a flu shot for whatever reason. The doctors told me that I should not go anywhere near a pertussis vaccine for a while. I had the best type of exposure and barely lived through it.

My children never get the flu and they've never had a flu shot. However, I get it and my eldest daughter does, too. We avoid people consciously during those time, because we know better than to spread germs. Please when you speak about myths, deaths, dozens of infants and adults not getting shots, supply research papers verifying your claims.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I don't plan on getting the flu shot. I do want to share some info on the shingles shot. I asked my doctor just yesterday about it. I have a brother and sister that have had shingles so it was concerning to me enough to consider that shot.

My doctor does not necessarily recommend. He said the effectiveness of the new shot is only about 50% and it can cause shingles in some people. It is not understood what triggers shingles. He said once you have shingles you aren't supposed to have it again but he has a patient that comes in every three years almost to the day with another case. They just don't understand it well enough to be confident in what to do.

I also have a client that took the first shot because 3 doctors recommended it. His adverse reaction was so severe that he has been in pain for months and could not get the second shot. He was advised that as much as 10% of people have the severe reaction. He can barely function now and one of the doctors no longer recommends the shot due to his reaction.

Just keep in mind that everything you put in your body can have a reaction. I decided not to get the shingles vaccine as I have a very high chemical sensitivity and can't risk that kind of reaction.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Hmm... No , Not my Cup of " Poison " ,.......

banned.video...

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I have gotten flu shots for a couple of decades (early on because I worked with the public). The first few years I did seem to have a reaction lasting a day or two. Perhaps it is because I have not missed a year, but seldom have colds and if the flu does show up, it is always a mild case. My husband and I have benefited from the shots. To each his own.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join