It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plug-In Air Fresheners Contain Formaldehyde & Naptha Poisons!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   
healthscamsexposed.com...

Everyone loves to walk into a room that smells good, but behind some of those seemingly fresh-smelling rooms is a hidden danger. It emanates from the small and innocent-looking devices known as plug-in air fresheners. Here’s the vital information that can help to protect you and your family from a hidden hazard.
Formaldehyde
It is particularly associated with throat and nose cancer.
Phtalates
Disrupts hormones such as testosterone and throws the reproductive system into imbalance. Phthalates can also cause birth defects, allergies, asthma.
Naphthalene
Research has shown that it can contribute to lung cancer.

mosts everyone has these plugged in everywhere, even their cars and office nowadays! had no idea they're so artificial - and harmful. (cause outdoor air is bad enough, I hear its like smoking a pack a day, even if u don't smoke??)

wonder if this applies to holiday candles as they use 'carrier oils' with chemicals added; was just about to order some handcrafted pumpkin spice and cinnamon gingerbread!

maybe time to avoid them, and use (and gift) air-filtering plants instead?

i know NASA has lists of air-purifying plants, but that's just nasa. if there were an ATS list, i'd probably trust that one better.

probably sansevieria, peace lily, aloe vera, pothos, philodendron, spider plants, boston fern, ivy, chinese evergreen those are ones I collected over the years reading about them here and there.

for some natural fresh scents, I think i'll try growing mini-roses, jasmine, and mint on the sunnier windowsills.

any experience with plug-ins, other hidden contaminants, or purifying plants, pray tell!

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   
This is exactly why I have stopped using store bought personal hygiene/cleaning products and instead make my own with simple ingredients. The reason cancer rates are so high nowadays is because of all this artificial crap in the things we consume. People are oblivious to the amount of poison they willingly put into their bodies on a daily basis but hey, it keeps the profits rolling in so industries hide that they're poisoning the population.
edit on 9/18/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: tulsi

Just buy a diffuser and use organic 100% essential oils.

Make sure that the supplier doesn't use a carrier.

Young Living or DoTerra I would recommend.

I prefer Wild Orange in my car (DoTerra), there are a few good therapy blends both suppliers have for the house.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
This is exactly why I have stopped using store bought personal hygiene/cleaning products and instead make my own with simple ingredients. The reason cancer rates are so high nowadays is because of all this artificial crap in the things we consume. People are oblivious to the amount of poison they willingly put into their bodies on a daily basis but hey, it keeps the profits rolling in so industries hide that they're poisoning the population.

Agree with you 100%.

~shocked look~

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   
But I like huffing paint.....

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Brilliant ideas

thx 3NL & Lumen

poisoned by maxipads- wouldn't surprise me anymore!

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: tulsi
Brilliant ideas

thx 3NL & Lumen

poisoned by maxipads- wouldn't surprise me anymore!

For the house I generally use Thieves oil and vinegar as a cleaner.

Enlightened is right... most common personal hygiene and home cleaning products are bad BAD for you.

For the house, a diffuser running with anything peppermint, spearmint or mint gives you a nice sense of clarity, a bit of an energy boost and also repels spiders and rodents.

For those of us that live in the sticks.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 08:53 PM
link   
It's already getting cold here, in the N. Rockies. We used our wood burning stove last night... a few drops of lemongrass essential oil on a warm wood stove... nice.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I'll have to keep that in mind.

Air freshener in my car is a must... It's rather new, but a diesel VW. The vents smell like crayons, and for whatever reason, I hate it.

I need some smell goods to make my rides 👌

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I'll have to keep that in mind.

Air freshener in my car is a must... It's rather new, but a diesel VW. The vents smell like crayons, and for whatever reason, I hate it.

I need some smell goods to make my rides 👌

You can buy a car diffuser (usb powered) for about $20 on Amazon.

Put your HVAC on recirculate when you use it and it will clean out the venting as well.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

NO. No, no. Do not support these multi level marketing (aka pyramid scheme) companies.

If you like essential oils, get them from rocky mountain oils. They don't play into the whole MLM thing and their oils are just as good, if not better than YL or doterra. They are also considerably less expensive because they don't have to give a cut of their sales to some sucker who fell into the trap of some mom who convinced you to buy "the starter pack".

Source: I got bamboozled into buying YL crap. Later found out about RMO. In a side by side comparison, there's no difference and RMO oils are about 40% less expensive.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Yea. The cabin filter could use a change, but as I hear it, the crayon smell is one of the downsides to the really well engineered car brand.

I got a steal on it, so I'm not mad... It's a scandal car, haha.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 09:35 PM
link   

This has been Known for Decades , but the Uninformed Will Argue Otherwise and just Call it a Popular Term Nowadays , "Conspiracy Theory" ...........(
edit on 18-9-2019 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: seaswine

originally posted by: Lumenari

NO. No, no. Do not support these multi level marketing (aka pyramid scheme) companies.

If you like essential oils, get them from rocky mountain oils. They don't play into the whole MLM thing and their oils are just as good, if not better than YL or doterra. They are also considerably less expensive because they don't have to give a cut of their sales to some sucker who fell into the trap of some mom who convinced you to buy "the starter pack".

Source: I got bamboozled into buying YL crap. Later found out about RMO. In a side by side comparison, there's no difference and RMO oils are about 40% less expensive.

I use Rocky Mountain oils as well (isn't RMO and YL owned by two brothers who went separate ways?), but I'm OK with YL because my wife is a part of the pyramid scheme so we get a huge discount...

She uses Frankincense oil as part of her cancer battle so she doesn't sell to anyone but as a dealer or whatever, the discount offsets the price of being part of the club, as it were.

RMO frankincense has a carrier so she can't use it.

That particular oil is $100 an ounce.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 09:50 PM
link   

RMO has one frankincense that is a blend and is labeled as such. The rest are pure.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Ever Try Certain Incenses ? Works just as Well without the " Side Effects " . ....

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 09:58 PM
link   
gosh, that reminds me, why is it so darn hard to find boswellia or commiphora and when one does its just a tiny plant that will take decades to produce any resin.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 10:00 PM
link   

My current girlfriend is the one who turned me onto homemade hygiene products (and organic stuff in general), she's somewhat of a flower child. I was a bit turned off to the idea of making my own hygiene products (and food) because I was raised how most people are these days: buy whatever you need from the store, as long as it's quick and easy nothing is off limits.

We make our own shampoo out of water and baking soda and our own conditioner out of water and lemon juice/apple cider vinegar. They work surprisingly well, I was skeptical at first but my hair feels just as smooth as before if not moreso. We plan on making our own tooth paste once we get rid of our current store bought tube, a few other things in the works as well like soap and even homemade laundry detergent. Only problem is the time it takes to make it, but it's worth it if it means I'm healthier.

I'm never going back to the old ways, just from the 2 years we've been dating I have more energy and feel "cleaner" than I have ever felt before, all thanks to her almost obsessive attention to healthy eating and hygiene. She may have saved my life, or at the very least added a few years onto it. I'm so grateful to have met her, I'd probably still be eating fast food and not caring what I put into my body if I hadn't. She's really opened my eyes to a lot of things I took for granted before.

Glad to hear you take your health seriously as well.

edit on 9/18/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Dr. Bonners for everything. House smells like Xmas. The 450SL smells like WD40.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Glad to hear you take your health seriously as well.

If you don't take your own health seriously, who else will?

I'm happy to hear that you found someone who is putting you on the right track.

I fiddled around with nutrition for years, tried this and that but was never really very serious about it.

Then my wife got cancer and we seriously started digging into the WHY of it.

It really opened my eyes about a lot of things that corporate America has done to us in the interest of profits.

Now we live a completely different lifestyle, she has outlived her expiration date by a few years and counting and we've never felt better.

Tell your girlfriend that she picked a good one.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join