It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plug-In Air Fresheners Contain Formaldehyde & Naptha Poisons!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I hate air fresheners. I would rather open a window. I do not like many fragrances, especially perfumes and colognes.

Yes, phlatates are not good for us. That is well proven. I just used Naptha today, I have a gallon can of it in stock. It does get absorbed by the skin, but works great for cleaning up before painting metals.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
a reply to: tulsi

Just buy a diffuser and use organic 100% essential oils.

Make sure that the supplier doesn't use a carrier.

Young Living or DoTerra I would recommend.

I prefer Wild Orange in my car (DoTerra), there are a few good therapy blends both suppliers have for the house.

Or... don’t have a smelly home and open the windows from time to time...!

For the car : Sometimes I open all four windows overnight to let the natural air circulate and give the inside that nice fresh scent.

Lags

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I hate air fresheners. I would rather open a window. I do not like many fragrances, especially perfumes and colognes.

Yes, phlatates are not good for us. That is well proven. I just used Naptha today, I have a gallon can of it in stock. It does get absorbed by the skin, but works great for cleaning up before painting metals.

If we live in the countryside we can... unless that wicked farmer neighbour is spreading pig poo...

Then it’s Nitrates up your nostrils...🤣
edit on 19-9-2019 by Lagomorphe because: Pig poo

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Thanks for the heads up! I'm going to stop buying those automobile fresheners. If passengers don't like my cigarette smoke, that's too bad. Exposing myself to the poisons from the air freshener makes no sense!

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Thanks for the warning. Need to tell wife to stop buying that $h!t.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Thanks for the heads up! I'm going to stop buying those automobile fresheners. If passengers don't like my cigarette smoke, that's too bad. Exposing myself to the poisons from the air freshener makes no sense!

A bit like those anti mosquito things that you plug in... Slow death without knowing it...

We have Geraniums all over the place... Natural repellant...

We bring them in at the end of Autumn and bring them out again middle of Spring over here in France.

Kindest respects

Lags

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

When I was a kid, people used to hang these pleasingly shaped strips of sticky things on ceiling light fixtures. They had a scent that attracted flies. When the flies landed they stuck, squirmed and died after a bit. Some people had so many flies, you couldn't see the sticky strips any more.

One neighbor had theirs hanging from the chandelier over the dining room table. Imagine eating dinner, with a collection of dead flies hanging over the bowl of mashed potatoes.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

A bit like those anti mosquito things that you plug in... Slow death without knowing it...

We have Geraniums all over the place... Natural repellant...

We bring them in at the end of Autumn and bring them out again middle of Spring over here in France.

Kindest respects

Lags

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

I've posted it before, but I love this picture.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   
then its no wonder that my skin reacts badly to those plug-in oil-air freshners…

I tried the product once and in several hours I was in a rash and my skin was 'crawling/itching' and my breathing was labored... so much so that I immediately unplugged the oil-fragrance, wrapped it in plastic bags, tossed it in trash can

that was about 8 years ago
and I keep out of homes that use plug-in air fresheners as the smell immediately triggers my 'RUN' response, I politely say I am allergic to scented oil fresheners (my forehead immediately crinkles up & feels tight & sensitive (like sun burned)

so... I use the old incense sticks... mostly Sage...or whatever is on discount that time
edit on th30156889774619552019 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Formaldehyde is already all around you. It's used in many building materials like pressed wood, fiberglass, plywood. Mobile home manufacturing makes particular use of formaldehyde. Some fabrics also make use of it, and is also a result of combustion type heaters that use kerosene or propane. It can cause some I'll effects but pretty sure the exposure would need to be in much higher concentrations than any exposure recieved from a plugin air freshener. There are many naturally occurring cancer causing agents we are exposed to on a daily bases that avoidance is an improbable act.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Incense is as dangerous and because its burned can also produce formaldehyde gas. Carbon monoxide, nitrogen and sulfur oxides, VOC's or volatile organic compounds are all by products. Toxic metals and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons are two extremely toxic by products of burning incense. The same aromatic oils are used and chances are high due to the binders used that formaldehyde gas are also produced. Hard to advoid, the plugins could be the source of issues suffered or at least something in the particular oils used for scents

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Just buy a diffuser and use organic 100% essential oils.

Make sure that the supplier doesn't use a carrier.

Young Living or DoTerra I would recommend.

I prefer Wild Orange in my car (DoTerra), there are a few good therapy blends both suppliers have for the house.

If you are using either of those brands they are
#1 Waaaay overpriced
#2 Not the only 100% pure essential oils available to the public
#3 Have been proven under GC/MS tests to be adulterated
#4 Most if not all of their blends are totally dangerous to be diffusing around children and for people with underlying health issues

Respectful Rainbows
Jane
Clinical Aromatherapist
Jane

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Frankincense Essential Oil does NOT contain the Boswellic Acid that is suspected but not proven to reduce certain cancer tumours.
The Boswellic acid has a large molecule that does not cross over in distillation, it is only present in the resin

Kind Rainbows and respect
Jane
Clinical Aromatherapist
edit on am911America/ChicagoThursday2019-09-19T11:14:06-05:0011America/Chicago09000000 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

I was just going to ask where you were and saw you posted. You're our resident Aromatherapist.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   

The plug ins can also cause fires.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I dont even trust the 'natural' oils... It could say its pure Frankincense or Myrhh but really it might contain chemicals

I'm with you on growing your own!

Trust nobody!

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: angelchemuel

I was just going to ask where you were and saw you posted. You're our resident Aromatherapist.

Ahhh bless you hun, thank you

Sunny Rainbows
Jane

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: Lumenari

I'll have to keep that in mind.

Air freshener in my car is a must... It's rather new, but a diesel VW. The vents smell like crayons, and for whatever reason, I hate it.

I need some smell goods to make my rides 👌

I was JUST in a car that smelled like crayons! Always wondered wtf that is, and people always look at me like I have two heads when I say a car smells like a box of crayons 😂😆

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   
oh Myrrhhh

gosh I haven't smelled that in so long, forgot how it does but remember it was soooo good!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join