It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judges rule Boris Proroguing Parliament is unlawful

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol
True.

Don't the Scottish cost more per head than any others?

Public spending per person in Scotland is higher than that in London:

2018 Figures

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Over a decade the SNP have been in charge of it's own economy

Highest tax in the UK

Lowest growth

Spends £12.6 billion more than it generates in tax

Scotland now accounts for half of the UK’s entire deficit, despite having approximately 10 per cent of the population.

How wonderful the SNP are. Sort your economy out and stop blaming everyone else. You are starting to sound like the Labour Party.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Please give me one good reason why your set of bastards should be any different and better than our set of bastards or the bastards who run any other country?

Our Bastards have been basically wiped out, or they will be at the next general election, Labour are done and the tories won't win a seat.

The big difference between Scotland and the other three nations is The SNP. One sniff one them getting above their station and they will be held to account, unlike what we see in Westminster NI and Wales.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Aye free prescriptions and everything up here.

It's a veritable paradise if truth be told. LoL

Aside from all the austerity and criminality pervading just about every aspect of our daily lives that is.

19% of children in Scotland, approximately 180,000 each year, are living in relative poverty, and you think we spend more per person???

Don't know who the feck they are spending it on, ile tell you that.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Aspie

Highest tax in the UK Lowest growth Spends £12.6 billion more than it generates in tax Scotland now accounts for half of the UK’s entire deficit, despite having approximately 10 per cent of the population.

You can file all that above under pish. You really should stop reading unionist propaganda.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Truth hurts eh?

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   
So as usual this goes way off topic and we go from a civil conversation about the Scottish court ruling to a bit of Scottish-bashing because some members are incapable of debating a topic without firing of volleys of insults.

We get the politicians we deserve I guess.

Why the # do I bother with this site.....

All I would say is that I would encourage my fellow Scottish members and those who want a more grown up conversation about the issue of the OP not to bite
edit on 11-9-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Public spending per person in Scotland is higher than that in London:

Jesus man, It's not hard to work it out. We get a higher percentage back because we return more per head. Oil, Gas, fishing, whisky, salmon and shellfish, the list goes on on what we export worldwide, and most of these items are taxed as they leave port, and guess whos ports they leave, Yip, Englands, Adding to England GDP. Just Like the oil and gas fields that were once in Scottish waters before, Westminster moved the border further north. once again making England GDP look good.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Aspie

Truth hurts eh?

What truth?. You just regurgitated unionist pish as fact.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Now that leave voters want Scotland out of the UK along with Northern Ireland, how do they feel about boris floating the idea of an infeasible and impossible bridge between the two, soon to be independent countries?

For those saying Scotland has nothing and couldn't survive, the North Sea oil fields aren't off the coast of Norwich or Newcastle, they're a bit further north. Project fears idea that they cant sell oil and nobody wants to buy oil were exposed as a fallacy.
Be interesting to see if border towns like Berwick (English but play in the Scottish league go figure, and were technically at war with Russia between 1853 and 1966) have a referendum.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Erm ok... I only asked. Shhheeesh.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

We did not vote to remain in the UK only to depart the EU.

Hoping for another try indeed.

I'm with you on that - really hope that Scotland leave the UK. Very little contributed.

So break up the union for the sake of Boris and your pride, little contributed I think there are many a history book you may have overlooked, and I live in England but have many a relative from beyond the wall, all good people just like us but with a different accent. No from myself to breaking up the union its what makes us Great.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Rule Britannia?

Britannia rules feck all these days. LoL

Our bankers on the other hand, well "they" rule the world from behind the financial curtain that is Old London Town.

All this Brexit debacle, division, indecisiveness, is simply a product of the class war that is raging worldwide.

Where do we get a Supreme Court that can rule on them?

Absolutely nowhere "They" are above the law and own the courts nor do they care or allow imaginary lines on Maps to hold back their nefarious agenda.

edit on 11-9-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I can assure you that if Scotland ever does become independent from the UK you will soon realise that you still have your own fair share of amoral and self-promoting bastards who are seeking a place in your seat of government pretty much the same as anywhere else.

a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Its a complicated and very important subject that many people have strong opinions on.....its little wonder that people do stray slightly off topic given the history.

And to be honest I think most people are reasonably respectful given the passions involved and compared to many other threads here on ATS.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: contextual

Now that leave voters want Scotland out of the UK along with Northern Ireland,......

What makes you think 'leave voters' want Scotland or Northern Ireland out of the UK?
You will struggle to find a more fervent supporter of Brexit yet I'm even more passionate in my belief that we are stronger together and have absolutely no desire to see any break up of the UK.

how do they feel about boris floating the idea of an infeasible and impossible bridge between the two, soon to be independent countries?

Boris Johnson is an absolute bell end, you seem to think all 'leave supporters' somehow support him and/or the Tory Party....I assure you, many of us are neither.

For those saying Scotland has nothing and couldn't survive,......

Of course they'd survive.....but surely they desire something better than just survival?

Be interesting to see if border towns like Berwick (English but play in the Scottish league go figure, and were technically at war with Russia between 1853 and 1966) have a referendum.

Don't know if you've ever been to Berwick but my experiences of the town suggests to me that by and large they are quite passionately English.

The reason Berwick plays in the Scottish league is purely a matter of economics.
Possibly similar as to why Cardiff, Swansea and Newport play in English leagues.

Not sure about the relevance though.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I can assure you that if Scotland ever does become independent from the UK you will soon realise that you still have your own fair share of amoral and self-promoting bastards who are seeking a place in your seat of government pretty much the same as anywhere else.

The problem with Westminster is that it's corrupt, Always has been. The people responsible are untouchable. Not only are the politicians corrupt, But The whole system is corrupted, bent from top to bottom. London is the money laundering capital of the world, The Lords are corrupt, the whole banking system is corrupt, the secret services are corrupt. The media is corrupt, Whoever has the most money and grease the most palms wins, There's your democracy.

Scotland will be more like Scandinavian countries, People will be held to account for corruption and jailed for a very long time. We will be nothing like England.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: contextual
Now that leave voters want Scotland out of the UK along with Northern Ireland, how do they feel about boris floating the idea of an infeasible and impossible bridge between the two, soon to be independent countries?

For those saying Scotland has nothing and couldn't survive, the North Sea oil fields aren't off the coast of Norwich or Newcastle, they're a bit further north. Project fears idea that they cant sell oil and nobody wants to buy oil were exposed as a fallacy.

The Scottish leave, 38% of the vote, don't necessarily want scotland out of the UK.

But you know what I'm coming around to the idea. This establishment needs burning to ash.

Maybe a broken up United Kingdom going down the pan ruled by a Marxist and terrorist sympathiser is what the Remainers deserve.

If brexit is prevented I'm just going to vote tactically for maximum economic and social wreckage out of pure malice.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   

You know I have just as low an opinion of Westminster, the system that supports it and all those who infest the place as you do.
In fact I think I probably have an even lower opinion of it than you.

Look at most elected bodies throughout the world, most are pretty much the same.....I really fail to see why you think Scotland would be any different.

But good luck with that.
In the event of an independent Scotland I suspect your illusions may be shattered with the reality that Scotland really is not that much different to anywhere else in the world....I sincerely hope that I'd be wrong.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Why should we give a toss about what a Scottish court rules?

Isn't this the country that voted overwhelmingly to remain and (according to the SNP anyway) would be happy to leave the Union and cleave to the EU?

Anyway, wasn't there a recent ruling that suspension of parliament wasn't unlawful?

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

Yes they did but OP informs me that the Scottish court is at a higher level so it negates that.

Anyway, only the Supreme Court can change a legal precedent.

F*** the EU, F*** our politicians. POWER TO THE PEOPLE.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join