It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTF? UK lawmakers physically restrain the speaker of the house to keep him from leaving.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Chaos in UK Parliament as speaker pinned to seat, lawmakers chant ‘shame’ after Boris Johnson shutdown

Amid the heightened tensions, members of Parliament attempted to prevent House of Commons Speaker John Bercow from leaving the chamber – a ceremonial gesture which signifies that parliament is closed – by pinning him to his chair.

“I held onto his leg I think it was and others held onto his arms,” Lloyd Russell-Moyle, a Labour/Coop MP for Kemptown and Peacehaven, told the Independent in the early hours of Tuesday morning. “We took a symbolic protest to say to Speaker Bercow ‘no we don’t want you to go’ and held him in place temporarily.”

I think I speak for every American on this board when I ask: Dafuq? They seriously tried to hold him down so he couldn't leave? That's something a child would do. It's something my four-year-old son might do if he doesn't want me to leave for work.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Did you vote in the UK?

If not, I may use the argument of the Trump-defenders: not your playground.

+25 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
Did you vote in the UK?

That never stops non Americans from voicing their opinions on trump or American immigration policy.

Not my pig, not my farm doesn't seem to matter

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

This reminds me of something...

JERRY...JERRY...JERRY!

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   
We have several British
members on ATS, and I'd love to know that they think of this.

+19 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   
This is what happens when discipline breaks donw and radicals trick their way into seats of power.
We have hundreds of representatives actively working on behalf of teh EU against their own nation that they are supposed to be representing.

Some MP's who sat in, a lot of them, were also singing "We'll keep the red flag flying here". Dangerous times with so many Marxists so close to the seats of power.

edit on 10/9/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Did you vote in the UK?

Nonsense................... AFM has got every right to ask the question he's part of the English speaking world

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Really nothing out of the ordinary when it comes to Parliament it's a madhouse at the best of times

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth
To be honest, I'm surprised we haven't seen any fights break out in Congress yet.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Sounds good to me. I hope the UK leaves without a deal because I'm sure the US will be waiting to make some major deals with the UK.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
Sounds good to me. I hope the UK leaves without a deal because I'm sure the US will be waiting to make some major deals with the UK.

I'm sure Trump has draft versions of those deals ready.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Yep, I'd be willing to bet on it. He's been talking US trade for decades, while the politicians we elected to get us good deals stood by selling out our country for their own benefit.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   
The irony of this is hilarious. From how I understand it Boris Johnson is trying to save the UK Parliament from the EU. To do this he has to put an end to all the in squabbling and make an executive decision. In someways it is a supportive measure of this move by defending the speakers seat.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Haha you think that shocking?

Do you even Korea, bro?

Lol

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
The irony of this is hilarious. From how I understand it Boris Johnson is trying to save the UK Parliament from the EU. To do this he has to put an end to all the in squabbling and make an executive decision. In someways it is a supportive measure of this move by defending the speakers seat.

Speaking of irony, I love how the Remainers have suddenly decided that the democratic process should be respected.
edit on 10-9-2019 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
a reply to: UKTruth
To be honest, I'm surprised we haven't seen any fights break out in Congress yet.

It would be like Demorat Senators grabbing Mitch McConnell and holding him down whilst Bernie leads a rendition of the old Soviet National Anthem.

Basically what happened here.

...on a separate point, such a shame that music so beautiful was used to represent something so heinous.

edit on 10/9/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Labour remainers love him because he's one of them , a remainer , although I think it was a symbolic gesture as they don't want Parliament suspended.
Nothing this parliament does surprises me anymore , they also applauded him yesterday which breaks with Parliamentary tradition , clapping is for the plebs not the parliamentary elite.

His going has been a long time coming , good riddance I say.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   
A bunch of remainiac remoaners trying to pin down the speaker just shows how biased the speaker actually is in my opinion, when he should be neutral.
edit on 83051bAmerica/ChicagoTue, 10 Sep 2019 09:51:23 -05003019 by 83Liberty because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   
We're on our way to copying Uganda

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Did you vote in the UK?

Doesn't stop you from protesting so if it's good for the goose?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join