It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTF? UK lawmakers physically restrain the speaker of the house to keep him from leaving.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: WorldUnderCeej

The problem was the deal offered by the EU was a disgrace. It was leaving in name only and was worse than what we have now. We would still be in the EU but would have no voting rights. So this deal has continually been rejected by parliament and rightly so. That deal is dead in the water and the EU says it is the only one on offer and is non negotiable. The EU were never going to offer us a good deal, why would they? All the other European countries would want to leave under the same deal. They were only ever going to offer us a punishment deal for having the audacity of wanting to leave their precious dictatorship.

So now the legal stance is that if no deal is sorted out by the 31st October then we leave with no deal. This caused the # to hit the fan the last few weeks because the remain mps have passed a new law to stop us leaving with no deal. How the hell can Boris try and negotiate a deal with the EU if he doesn't have the threat to walk away with no deal in his armoury.

You are right. The leave voters don't want the unelected EU bureaucrats making our law. EU law overrides national law. We want to go back to making our own laws and governing ourselves.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   
BJ is just getting rid of the remainers...fired 21 of the sob,s.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire It's not up to the Queen. We've had a referendum and was promised it was a one time only vote and the government would honour the result.

The problem is that undemocratic remain mps who think they know better than the general public will not accept the result and have been hellbent in stopping Brexit by any means.

It's the usual case with the EU. Any country that votes against the EU is forced to vote again and again until the EU gets the result it wants. Just ask Denmark or the Irish, both made to vote again after voting against the EU, and both result overrtured in the EU's favour.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Why would we want that and why on earth would the Queen do that?
Odd.
edit on 10/9/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aspie
a reply to: TerryMcGuire It's not up to the Queen. We've had a referendum and was promised it was a one time only vote and the government would honour the result.

The problem is that undemocratic remain mps who think they know better than the general public will not accept the result and have been hellbent in stopping Brexit by any means.

It's the usual case with the EU. Any country that votes against the EU is forced to vote again and again until the EU gets the result it wants. Just ask Denmark or the Irish, both made to vote again after voting against the EU, and both result overrtured in the EU's favour.

The Irish and the Danes proved that the EU is a facist organisation running what is, in fact, very similar the old Soviet Union. Their territories/regions don't get to vote - or they can, but will have to keep voting until they get the 'right' answer.
Getting out of the EU is like getting out of the Mafia.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth
Totally agree.

Don't forget Greece too. Absolutely on it's knees thanks to the EU. Italy not far behind. Plus the German economy on the verge of collapse. ALl thanks to the EU

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   
She doesn't write her own speeches. The Prime Minister of the day always writes that one.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Aspie

And how could I forget the French. Paris is on fire every weekend and has been for months due to protesters fighting against the authorities. But you don't see this on the remainstream media

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Aspie, the European media is curiously quiet on several issues of import concerning the Union or its member states. Things are badly awry; I can't imagine people like Jean Monnet truly wanted an EU like the one that now exists.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

I see. Thank you. However, does she have to read what he has offered? Is it manditory? Could not the old royalty poke their heads into this one and make a royal decree?

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Yes I think you are right.

A free trading bloc was what we signed up for in 1973. What a really good idea.

The bit about political union was kept under wraps. It was all in the planning but no way could they let the public know about that. And so the Common Market as it was known back then morphed into the EUSSR, and we were signed up without being asked. Absolute disgrace that when everything changed to the EU we were never given a referendum on membership.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that the Queen was behind Churchill's grandson's defection, and everyone that followed him.

edit on 10-9-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Right, I was following the initial Brexit craziness and that whole, "You can leave, but not REALLY leave" response from EU Lords (Lord = unelected bureaucrat for these posts) was bizarre to me. And then somehow that had traction in UK Parliament at all?! And then it succeeded somehow in keeping UK in the EU (you should already be gone) and could very well keep you in after the people voted out... how the hell can this even happen?! European politics have always been a sh!tshow, though. For the past millennium it's been like this.

Not that my country is some shining beacon of political success; same old garbage over here as where your at, just slightly different packaging so it doesn't appear as Old-World-European as it is. Another political system for the Lords of Europe to take ruthless advantage of. European influence (UK Lords in particular) turned my country into the murderer of the world, starting with Manifest Destiny in order to have White politics (which European Lords own) control the continent (which it now does absolutely). Killed all the indigenous, then the great purge (Civil War, which was heavily influence by European money), then our immediate neighbors during Corporate America's infancy. As soon as it was achievable to get us onto mainland Europe, in pops two wars and here we are. All of this influenced directly by European Lords and their money/influence.

Uk, and European populations in general I have no problem with; your political elite is the most diabolical thing I have on record right now. They sell you all out for a ham sandwich, then make you guys fight over said sandwich and then whoever wins must be thankful that they were so fortunate as having the patronage of this great Lord. Hopefully declassification of FISA abuse in US, along with Five-Eye-Alliance knowing what's in a super-secret document that NO ONE is supposed to know even exists, will wake your people up into real political action. Your government colluded with mine and others in order to try to keep Trump out because he WILL offer a great deal to counteract EU's gross power-trip. And then there goes the Lordly power base for REAL.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   
No, on these occasions she really is just a mouthpiece. This has been going on since Walpole was writing similar speeches for George I.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Unless she's got the #s that day. Then Charlieboy might step in and read it for her

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Im behind the curve on Brexit. How has the Family come down on this one, pro or con. Whichever ensures their continued status I would presume.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   

You mean the Royal family?

It's got nothing to do with them. Leave or remain we were promised the result would be honoured. It's undemocratic members of parliament that are blocking Brexit.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Im behind the curve on Brexit. How has the Family come down on this one, pro or con. Whichever ensures their continued status I would presume.

I'm not sure but, I don't think the royals are allowed to comment on politics, one way or the other.

ETA:

Royals must not make public statements about their political opinions.
That's because the Queen and her relatives aren't elected officials. "The Sovereign, who represents all of the people, must be non-political," royal expert Marlene Koenig tells BAZAAR.com. "It is the job of the elected officials to be political."
www.harpersbazaar.com...

THE FAMILY CAN'T HAVE POLITICAL VIEWS.

The Royal Family isn't allowed to vote or speak publicly about politics.

www.harpersbazaar.com.au...
edit on 10-9-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Aspie I think the Lord Chancellor does it, if she deosn't turn up in person. After the death of Prince Albert, Victoria spent decades not turning up in person, and people began to grumble.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Yes probably. In the end it's only a bit of show. Get the old crown out and give it a bit of a polish.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join