It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ban of flavored ecigs....tax money?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

We are not talking second hand smoke here, we are talking the equivalent amount of carcinogens inhaled even if you don't smoke, if you think about petrol and diesel particulates and the rubber slowly shredding off of tires. Which hang in the air along with dust. Its worse than tobacco smoke.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: LSU2018

MJ is bad too.

I know. But these people want to ban anything that smokes besides weed. It's like the Twilight Zone. It's like banning Coca-Cola and pushing beer sales.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: Gothmog

Now they say these things damage your lungs. Shocker... Don't use 2 ml's in one puff and you'll be fine.

Cigarettes bad
Vaping bad
Marijuana good

Yes , one can get bronchitis from vaping

Don't use 2 ml's in one puff

Don't you worry yourself one bit .
Two 30ml bottles do me a month
Been vaping for a long time now
Ex 40+ year smoker of 2 packs a day
Never felt better in my life .

As far as the last mentioned ?
The 70s left , I grew up and hstarted a family.
Left that sh__ behind.

That's awesome. I smoked from 14 to 34 and quit but got a vape pen about 6 months later, no particular reason. I was around half a pack a day unless I was BS'ing with friends outside or something. I could easily put down two packs in a day but on average was a half a packer.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Stop arguing, YOUR source said it is like 0.5 packs a day, not the 40 you claimed.Your source agrees with exactly what I said.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I see no reason people can not partake of MJ if they do so responsibly even though I will never do it. The problem is so many think there are no ill effects and that driving after smoking is fine.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny
a reply to: dubiousatworst

Oh for sure big Tabacco is paying for most of the bad publicity, but in our present click bait society I doubt they have to..

Fear mongering sells..

Actually it's some State Governments. Anybody remember the Tobacco Settlement agreement in the 90's? Vaping is starting to put a dent in the Tobacco Industry's profits, lowering the amount that they have to pay. Some States have borrowed against that money and are having trouble making the payments. Michigan started it, look for Illinois and New York to be next.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I see no reason people can not partake of MJ if they do so responsibly even though I will never do it. The problem is so many think there are no ill effects and that driving after smoking is fine.

Bingo. Plenty of people have smoked it in their spare time and haven't been caught and seem to function fine after smoking it, but making it legal increases too many risks we already face in the world today. I've never had the desire for it either.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I want DUI of either MJ or alcohol (or anything else) to be extremely serious consequences, but having a few ounces of MJ shouldn't send you to jail imo.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

It just depends where you are, and where the samples were taken. When they did atmospheric testing, they knew the lung cancer rates would go up, so the fall back was to blame smoking , now a lot of people have stopped smoking, but the lung cancer rates are still rising. Along with Alzheimer's disease, which thirty years ago doctors would have advised using tobacco to stop or slow it down. Same with Asthma, it stops an attack. Next decade it will be some other culprit, and people will gladly accept whatever they tell the propaganda machine to spout because they are getting paid to do so. Wake up mate Monsanto was one of the main financiers of the anti smoking lobby, ask yourself why? they never gave a # about anything but the bottom line.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
There are a combination of factors at play here that are all working in unison against e-cigs.
1. Big Tobacco obviously doesn't want people vaping, because the less people smoking normal cigarettes, the less money they make.
2. Big Pharma absolutely DOES NOT want people to be able to vape CBD or THC instead of purchasing expensive drugs from them, because it hurts their profit.
3. Like you mentioned, there may be tax incentives for getting rid of e-cigs in favor of regular cigarettes.

Now, here's an interesting conspiracy twist to #2: A long time ago it was theorized that Big Pharma might try to sabotage the medical/legal marijuana industry by contaminating the plants with chemicals that would cause terrible side effects when ingested. There was a thing for a while where people were vomiting profusely after ingestion... Now we're hearing stories of kids getting holes in their lungs and all sorts of other emergencies after vaping. Rumor has it the common factor there is ... can you guess?

“At this time, there does not appear to be one product involved in all of the cases, although THC and cannabinoids use has been reported in many cases.”

Big tobacco owns most of the large ejuice companies. Where to you think the tobacco they extract the nicotine to make the ejuice comes from?

I agree with the rest of your points though.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   

a reply to: Pluginn

Because it's fact.

Nicotine is the primary agent in both regular cigarettes and e-cigarettes, and it is highly addictive. It causes you to crave a smoke and suffer withdrawal symptoms if you ignore the craving. Nicotine is also a toxic substance. It raises your blood pressure and spikes your adrenaline, which increases your heart rate and the likelihood of having a heart attack.

Is vaping bad for you? There are many unknowns about vaping, including what chemicals make up the vapor and how they affect physical health over the long term. “People need to understand that e-cigarettes are potentially dangerous to your health,” says Blaha. “You’re exposing yourself to all kinds of chemicals that we don’t yet understand and that are probably not safe.”

Although they’ve been marketed as an aid to help you quit smoking, e-cigarettes have not received Food and Drug Administration approval as smoking cessation devices. A recent study found that most people who intended to use e-cigarettes to kick the nicotine habit ended up continuing to smoke both traditional and e-cigarettes.

www.hopkinsmedicine.org...

Coffee also raises blood pressure, just minor same with nicotine. You can choose how much nicotine or even nothing. Nicotine gets all the blame but it's like caffeine, not worse then caffeine. When I don't vape for a day or a week I feel nothing, no craving, nothing. If I quit drinking coffee for a few days I get a headache.
When I smoked and quit for a few hours even I got bad cravings for sure.

Just let smoke from a cigarette pass through a tube which ends up in water. With vaping the water stays crystal clear. With cigarettes it's getting really brown and dirty. Your lungs stay clean with vaping, with smoking they get brown, even black and get damaged big time, not with vaping.
People who smoke for years and years look much older because of the smoke/combustion, you don't have that problem with vapor.

What about alcohol. way worse then vaping for sure, 300.000 ppl dying each year in Europe alone because of it. People getting aggressive, hell you even have beers with fruit flavors!? OMG! They should forbid fruity beer flavors, think about the children! Oh forgot children are not allowed to buy alcohol. What children are also not allowed to buy e-liquids? Whey they scream about children getting addicted because of fruity e-liquids? and there is no proof about that even.

It's just odd isn't it that vaping gets such bad press while it's a good thing for smokers finding a much more healthier option and saving many many lives but it's getting only negative/bad press and there is still no proof that vaping kills.

Smoking is setting up dried up leaves on fire which you inhale, for sure one of the worst things you can do for your health. Ppl see vaping and see 'vapor' which just look like smoke (& even bigger clouds!) but it's not even close to smoking and they just think it's must be the same bad #. Taking a shower and inhaling water vapor could be even just as or even more unhealthy then vaping.
Living in a city with all that traffic, pretty sure that's worse for your health then vaping. Combustion is just very unhealthy.
When you live near a highway, you might as well just smoke, it's like smoking a pack/day. And being a truck driver, driving on the highway endless hours, poor soul!

Am I saying people should vape? no, but ppl who smoke are way way better off with vaping then smoking cigarettes. You feel much better, you don't smell, your lungs stay clean and you lose your smoker cough. Your blood vessels don't close up with plague which may cause a heart attack and so on when vaping compared with smoking.

They should start some bad press about fat ppl round the clock, especially in the US they need to do that, being fat is causing allot of illnesses, hearth attacks, diabetes you name it.
A good thing about nicotine you eat less, perhaps vaping is a very good thing for fat ppl for their health which not only saving lives who smoke and switch over but even for fat people when you think about it.
edit on 4-12-2019 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join