It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ban of flavored ecigs....tax money?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Are states banning/thinking about banning ecigs so people will move back/switch to the higher taxes real cigarettes?

State: theses ecigs are unhealthy, so we are banning them but feel free to partake in tobacco cigarettes that are really really unhealthy, but we do make a ton of money on them, so yeah....

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

Flavored e-cigs attract children. They are like sweets.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

Cigarettes attract children . They are like death.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Cigarettes attract children . They are like death.

Also - there’s candy that resembles cigarettes.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   

So are flavoured condoms.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Every government is addicted to tax money.
E-cigs are taking away tax revenue from cigarettes.

Electric cars will take away tax revenue from gasoline sales..
Anybody that thinks electric cars are not going to have taxes and fees added to them to cover the shortfall are nuts.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Could be as simple as the C_A needing black ops money so now they can sell these on the black market.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

Those a getting harder to find every year....

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Imho it is a little no consequences click bait..

For some things fear mongering is free. There is no price to pay if you are wrong..

So that means it is open season for all demagogues to propagandize

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
Are states banning/thinking about banning ecigs so people will move back/switch to the higher taxes real cigarettes?

State: theses ecigs are unhealthy, so we are banning them but feel free to partake in tobacco cigarettes that are really really unhealthy, but we do make a ton of money on them, so yeah....

Everything adults do attracts children..

EVERYTHING.. even things like domestic abuse , sexual assault and such..

I find the whole “gateway drug” stuff just ridiculous since there is nothing you cannot do that with.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   
So , politicians know more about the subject than :
John Hopkins Institute.
Emory University.
The CDC .
Harvard Health.
Who state that the only problem is the nicotine .
Addictive , and raises blood pressure. Hell , coffee raises blood pressure.
Well , there are mixtures with 0 nicotine.
What does that leave ?
BTW , that's the strength I use. 0 .

Damn , them Democrats are having a full-blown power trip , ain't they ?
Those ruled by Democrats are the only ones "banning"
That way .they can garner more taxes to divert into their own pockets and into their next campaigns

edit on 9/9/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   
E-cigs are extremely unhealthy, no better than a regular cigarette, we're learning that more and more every year that they're on the market. I wouldn't buy/smoke them even if you paid me to.

If cigarettes are legal then so should e-cigs in my opinion. It's your own choice to ruin your body's health.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   
There are a combination of factors at play here that are all working in unison against e-cigs.
1. Big Tobacco obviously doesn't want people vaping, because the less people smoking normal cigarettes, the less money they make.
2. Big Pharma absolutely DOES NOT want people to be able to vape CBD or THC instead of purchasing expensive drugs from them, because it hurts their profit.
3. Like you mentioned, there may be tax incentives for getting rid of e-cigs in favor of regular cigarettes.

Now, here's an interesting conspiracy twist to #2: A long time ago it was theorized that Big Pharma might try to sabotage the medical/legal marijuana industry by contaminating the plants with chemicals that would cause terrible side effects when ingested. There was a thing for a while where people were vomiting profusely after ingestion... Now we're hearing stories of kids getting holes in their lungs and all sorts of other emergencies after vaping. Rumor has it the common factor there is ... can you guess?

“At this time, there does not appear to be one product involved in all of the cases, although THC and cannabinoids use has been reported in many cases.”

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Most likely for health reasons rather than taxes.

I recently moved to Oregon from Texas and now have the chance to visit dispensaries.

The THC/CBD vape cartridges, I always find leaving me with a scratchy throat and prone to more coughing than straight up flower.

It's potency + chemicals, be it cannabis or tobacco.

The REAL solution is victory gardens 2.0.
Everyone grows their own poison.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   

The candy flavored ones kill kids who OD on them. That is why.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

They are likely better than cigs, but they are certainly not healthy and pose many of the same risks, just slightly less so.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Now they say these things damage your lungs. Shocker... Don't use 2 ml's in one puff and you'll be fine.

Cigarettes bad
Vaping bad
Marijuana good

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

MJ is bad too.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
E-cigs are extremely unhealthy, no better than a regular cigarette, we're learning that more and more every year that they're on the market. I wouldn't buy/smoke them even if you paid me to.

If cigarettes are legal then so should e-cigs in my opinion. It's your own choice to ruin your body's health.

www.theguardian.com...
Public Health England maintains vaping is 95% less harmful than smoking

The government is launching a new campaign to try to convince the UK’s smokers that vaping is not as harmful as smoking and a good way to quit, in a bid to counter the scepticism generated by some scientific studies and media headlines. Public Health England maintains vaping is 95% less harmful than smoking Public Health England (PHE), which maintains that vaping is 95% less harmful than tobacco, is releasing a short video of an experiment which reveals the amount of sticky black tar that accumulates in the lungs of a heavy smoker, collected in a bell jar. By contrast, the same nicotine intake through vaping releases only a trace of residue. “It would be tragic if thousands of smokers who could quit with the help of an e-cigarette are being put off due to false fears about safety,” said Prof John Newton, director of health improvement at PHE.

Anyways I bet you think it's extremely unhealthy because the clouds are way bigger then cigarettes.. Well take a shower, wow that must be extremely healthy, all that vapor...

edit on 9-9-2019 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Pluginn

Well that entire article is not based in fact. The research has shown vaping carries all the same risks, just less so, and actually makes it less likely to quit.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join