It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Suddenly, fluoride is being outed as the poison that it is.

page: 2
33
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

Nope...

Toxic, like all natural, organic , worlds best and countless other words are more about marketing than anything objective.


Literally every substance on earth is toxic, the amount it takes to hurt someone is all that matters..


So like my example..


Drinking enough water will kill you but a small enough amount of uranium is harmless..


Toxic means nothing.




posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: redmage

originally posted by: RexKramerPRT
a reply to: paraphi

I read that fluoride is toxic in humans once dose is in the gram range yet is typically dosed in the milligram, 1/1000, range in water supplies. So unless you you are drinking hundreds of liters of water you aren't going to reach a toxic dose.


This is what people always cling to, the "toxic dose". Yes, when a dose is large enough it is "toxic" aka:: it will kill you. The problem is that just because you haven't reached a lethal "toxic" dose doesn't mean it isn't doing harm before reaching that deadly tipping point. People act like as long as they don't hit that deadly tipping point that it's perfectly safe, and even "healthy" when there is evidence that harm can be done before reaching lethal levels.

The debate always pans out like this:

Side A: Hey! This stuff is kinda dangerous!

Side B: It's not lethal until you ingest "X" grams of it.

Side A: There's evidence that it can cause health and mental issues.

Side B: It's not lethal until you ingest "X" grams of it.

Side A: I'm not talking about it killing you. I'm talking about evidence that it can cause health and mental issues.

Side B: But it's not lethal until you ingest "X" grams of it.


Toxic does't mean always fatal. Like I said in another post, chocolate is toxic at high enough doses.



posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny
Toxic means nothing.


No, toxic means the level that it takes to kill you.

What it doesn't take into account is the amount that it takes to do unhealthy damage along the way towards that lethal dose.



posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Toxic means poisonous......



posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: RexKramerPRT
Toxic does't mean always fatal. Like I said in another post, chocolate is toxic at high enough doses.


Yes, chocolate can kill something/someone with a high enough dose.

From your own source: "Median lethal (LD50) doses of theobromine have only been published for cats, dogs,[2] rats, and mice; these differ by a factor of 6 across species.".
edit on 9/3/19 by redmage because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
Toxic means poisonous......


toxic

adj.poisonous

Synonyms for toxic

deadly
harmful
lethal
noxious
pernicious
virulent
edit on 9/3/19 by redmage because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: RexKramerPRT
a reply to: paraphi

I read that fluoride is toxic in humans once dose is in the gram range yet is typically dosed in the milligram, 1/1000, range in water supplies. So unless you you are drinking hundreds of liters of water you aren't going to reach a toxic dose. Chlorine, Sodium Hypochlorite, Ferric Sulphate, Alluminium Chloride, Sodium Dioxide are all used in water treatment and all will cause harm in sufficient doses.

Hell, eat enough chocolate and you can poison yourself with Theobromine


I think it has more to do with the subtle and gradual long term effects.



posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: RexKramerPRT
a reply to: paraphi

I read that fluoride is toxic in humans once dose is in the gram range yet is typically dosed in the milligram, 1/1000, range in water supplies. So unless you you are drinking hundreds of liters of water you aren't going to reach a toxic dose. Chlorine, Sodium Hypochlorite, Ferric Sulphate, Alluminium Chloride, Sodium Dioxide are all used in water treatment and all will cause harm in sufficient doses.

Hell, eat enough chocolate and you can poison yourself with Theobromine



Yes there are bad things in the waters already. Does that mean we can add more because, 'the more the merrier'?
Weird logic. Like bringing in more criminals into a country because there are already some there. So what the heck.
Maybe we should strive to make our life source [water] slowly better, but that's just me.



posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I don't use toothpaste.
Just a brush and water.
Never had a cavity.
I suspect that I drink enough liquor to make my mouth a no-go zone for bacteria.



posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

Water companies would love to not have to use any chemicals. Imaging the savings to be had. Simply run raw water through a rapid gravity sand filter and hope that is sufficient.



posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   
A study was recently published in Jama that Fluoride exposure during pregnancy was associated with lower IQ scores in children aged 3 to 4 years.

Fluoride exposure during pregnancy


Fluoride crosses the placenta,3 and laboratory studies show that it accumulates in brain regions involved in learning and memory4 and alters proteins and neurotransmitters in the central nervous system.5 Higher fluoride exposure from drinking water has been associated with lower children’s intelligence in a meta-analysis6 of 27 epidemiologic studies and in studies...,


Our city removed fluoride from drinking water years ago but the debate keeps coming back up to add it. I don't think we should as now we are making tea/coffee with it, drinking 6-8 glasses of it ,watering plants and showering in it. Not to mention making baby formula.



posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny




Drinking enough water will kill you


Oh okay right you mean like if it has fluoride in it that causes humans to
become retarded that isn't toxic?



posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   
My.....hello common sense....see your doctor for a script but this

Do not take fluoride if allergic to it, some cases have seen severe chithooks and even fatal crap wagon impacts. In some cases fatal death has occurred, as have a persons pecker dropped right off. Discontinue use if you developed deppression or have thoughts of how stupid the gov't is....internal bleeding and ingestion site sores have occurred as have multiple malicious cankor pustules clogging mental malfeasance....loss of wherewithal and or incontinence with people's azzes falling off ....2 minutes of listing.......and do not stop taking flouride without seeing a doctor to ask if it's ok to think for yourself....
edit on 3-9-2019 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION



posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

As long as you’ve been around you’d think you wouldn’t put so much stock in stars. That’s adorable



posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   

edit on 3 9 2019 by zardust because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   
The news story in Pa. Where 700 times the desired amount was interspersed into a cities water supply ffom a mistake.....went two years or more before discovered.....yep.a reply to: carsforkids



posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Fluoride calcifies the Pineal Gland.
A calcified Pineal Gland prevents your third eye from 'crushing it' - ie: winning in life

"look into it"



posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY




A calcified Pineal Gland prevents your third eye from 'crushing it' - ie: winning in life


See this is exactly where I'm coming from. Crush your spirit and the
soul is easy because most people today will give it away for air conditioning.

The soul is the goal


edit on 3-9-2019 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi
Actually to much water swells the brain and can cause death, and it takes far less than gallons over days.
People that have died on party drugs like mdma are often found to have drunk to much water.



posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
Fluoride calcifies the Pineal Gland.
A calcified Pineal Gland prevents your third eye from 'crushing it' - ie: winning in life

"look into it"


Already did. Turns out to be BS.




top topics



 
33
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join