It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suddenly, fluoride is being outed as the poison that it is.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Sorry but this thread does absolutely nothing to convince anyone that water fluoridation is a bad thing, if anything it just gives them an example of how crazy the "fluoride people" are. Please don't write threads like this if you don't have time to do real research and only have a few ridiculous flyers. It's fearmongering stuff like this which makes it easy for people on the left to point at conservatives and say they disseminate false news and propaganda, and they aren't entirely wrong.

If you want an example of how a topic like this might be better approached take a look at my thread titled A brief look at water fluoridation and the insanity of it. You don't need to present this topic in a sensationalist fashion, stick to the facts and cold hard logic which proves that water fluoridation is a completely archaic practice which has no real benefit and is banned in most countries.

Professional Perspectives on Water Fluoridation:

edit on 3/9/2019 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/9/2019 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
Society must be dumbed down in order to completely control its ever expanding populace of useless consumers.

It seems to me that the dumbing down of society starts with OPs such as this, where the pseudoscience takes over and people believe it all. This anti-fluoride thing is anti-science and completely dumbed down.
edit on 4/9/2019 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Flat Earth
Moon landing hoax
Global warming hoax

edit on 9/4/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

originally posted by: JustJohnny

Really....

You believe in the Floride Conspiracy theories, and call yourself a skeptic?!?!

Lol

skepticor scep·tic [ skep-tik ]

1. a person who questions the validity or authenticity of something purporting to be factual.

www.dictionary.com...

skep·tic also scep·tic (skĕp′tĭk) n.

1. One who instinctively or habitually doubts, questions, or disagrees with assertions or generally accepted conclusions.

www.thefreedictionary.com...

If the definition fits...

I would argue that the majority of ATSers doubt or question generally accepted conclusions which is why we're here trying to spread the truth about 9/11, vaccines, Fluoride, the moon "landing", the Federal Reserve etc.

a reply to: ChaoticOrder

You should definitely create threads on topics in a way that makes you happy and I'll be sure to do the same.

Not sure how or why the cult like figures in your video are any more "professional" than the journalists and medical professionals in the video that I posted or what makes you think theres a lack of facts or logic in their arguments but feel free to express your opinions.

edit on 4-9-2019 by gladtobehere because: typo

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 03:46 AM
link   

I would argue that the majority of ATSers doubt or question generally accepted conclusions which is why we're here trying to spread the truth about 9/11, vaccines, Fluoride, the moon "landing", the Federal Reserve etc

Shape of the Earth...

There's being skeptical, there's denial of evidence, and there's an insistence that a lack of evidence is proof. One of these things is not like the others.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Haha I used to eat toothpaste as a child. I liked the taste!

Didn't damage me much, as far as I know

🎶 Colgate, blue minty gel, mum and dad use it as well!

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Not sure how or why the cult like figures in your video are any more "professional" than the journalists and medical professionals in the video that I posted or what makes you think theres a lack of facts or logic in their arguments but feel free to express your opinions.

*rubs temples* They are qualified professionals for one thing. The video you presented doesn't seem too bad but I only watched the start of it. The images however are just way over the top. A good thread doesn't use sensationalist images like that to make a point. I don't like being so judgmental but this is an important topic which needs to be discussed properly so that we can reach a real solution. There is truly no reason to be dumping this stuff in our water supply because we have a thing called fluoridated toothpaste. At the end of the day this argument always comes down to "well what about the poor people who cannot afford toothpaste" because there really isn't any other reason they can provide which makes more sense than that. I challenge anyone to present me with a better reason, please tell me why I should be ingesting a waste material which is known to have neurotoxic properties Phage.
edit on 4/9/2019 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 05:25 AM
link   

please tell me why I should be ingesting a waste material which is known to have neurotoxic properties Phage.

Good thing I read your whole post because it seemed to be a reply to someone else.

I don't know that it "is known to have neurotoxic properties" at recommended concentrations. Do you? Do you think that natural fluoridation is safer than artificial fluoridation if it exceeds those concentrations? Should all systems be required to remove that "neurotoxin" from the water?

As far as being a "waste material" goes, I'm not sure that's valid either. I know that some fluoride compounds are used as a catalyst in some industrial processes, but that's not exactly the same thing, is it?

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I don't know that it "is known to have neurotoxic properties" at recommended concentrations. Do you? Do you think that natural fluoridation is safer than artificial fluoridation if it exceeds those concentrations?

It probably isn't toxic in the small amounts we consume, but that's not what I said and that's not what I asked about. I asked a very specific question, for what reason should I ingest fluoride (the vast majority of which comes from industrial manufacturers and is not naturally occurring) if I use toothpaste? How can you possibly justify this unsolicited mass medication scheme where there is no control over doses and no way to opt out besides buying store water?

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 05:38 AM
link   
If you research halogens.... you will find bromine chlorine iodine and fluorine.
The human body cannot get enough iodine if it is full of fluoride.
Look up.... Fluoride exposure inhibits the absorbsion of iodine.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
edit on 4-9-2019 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 05:38 AM
link   

The nazi's knew about the effects f fluoride on humans..read about it here

My dad had a something to say about the goingons at the water purification on Aruba. When the government wanted to add fluoride into the drinking water my dad refused to do so and brought the ordered fluoride supply to the dump for "destruction". That makes me proud of my dad..may he rest in peace.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 05:43 AM
link   

I asked a very specific question, for what reason should I ingest fluoride (the vast majority of which comes from industrial manufacturers and is not naturally occurring) if I use toothpaste?

First, can you support your claim that the vast majority of water systems are artificially fluoridated?
Next, you should have no qualms about ingesting very low concentrations of fluoride if it helps increase the dental health of your community (and it does). I would be more concerned about the carbon monoxide, particulates, and other crap you ingest. Stuff that is known to be unhealthy and carries no community health benefits.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Fluoride exposure inhibits the absorbsion of iodine.

At what concentrations?

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: zatara

The nazi's knew about the effects f fluoride on humans

Even the rabid anti-fluoridation folk know that's bull#.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Fluoride exposure inhibits the absorbsion of iodine.

At what concentrations?

I have provided a link now.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 05:51 AM
link   

I have provided a link now.

Doesn't seem to address my question. So, any amount of fluorine is really bad?

I guess that means places that have naturally fluoridated water should remove all the fluorine.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage
Calcium fluoride is naturally occuring and is less harmful than sodium fluoride which is synthetic and industrial (added to drinking water and toothpaste).

www.eldoradosprings.com...

edit on 4-9-2019 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

First, can you support your claim that the vast majority of water systems are artificially fluoridated?

Fluoridation became an official policy of the U.S. Public Health Service by 1951, and by 1960 water fluoridation had become widely used in the U.S., reaching about 50 million people.[96] By 2006, 69.2% of the U.S. population on public water systems were receiving fluoridated water, amounting to 61.5% of the total U.S. population; 3.0% of the population on public water systems were receiving naturally occurring fluoride.[98]

Water fluoridation - History

Next, you should have no qualms about ingesting very low concentrations of fluoride if it helps increase the dental health of your community (and it does).

There is really no solid evidence that is true, you can plot the cavity rates for a wide range of countries and you'll find almost the exact same downward trend in all the countries which haven't fluoridated their water. Wikipedia states "oh we have some studies from the 1950s and 1960s which say water fluoridation works", but then they are forced to admit a similar decline was observed in EU nations that didn't fluoridate their water. Then in a miraculous turn of events that only this clown world is capable of, they use some ridiculously convoluted logic to claim water fluoridation is still required in the U.S. because the U.S. has bad dental care:

Most countries in Europe have experienced substantial declines in cavities without the use of water fluoridation due to the introduction of fluoridated toothpaste and the large use of other fluoride-containing products, including mouthrinse, dietary supplements, and professionally applied or prescribed gel, foam, or varnish.[3] For example, in Finland and Germany, tooth decay rates remained stable or continued to decline after water fluoridation stopped in communities with widespread fluoride exposure from other sources. Fluoridation is however still clearly necessary in the U.S. because unlike most European countries, the U.S. does not have school-based dental care, many children do not visit a dentist regularly, and for many U.S. children water fluoridation is the prime source of exposure to fluoride.[31] The effectiveness of water fluoridation can vary according to circumstances such as whether preventive dental care is free to all children.[53]

Water fluoridation - Effectiveness

So once again it comes right back to the same old argument, we need it for the poor people and the horrible parents who cannot make their children brush their teeth. Sorry but I'm not willing to constantly micro-dose a chemical as highly toxic as fluoride is, in some naive hope that it's "for the greater good" or it's "for the children". Give me a break, that logic is completely absurd and if you really think it's valid then you're not as smart as I thought.
edit on 4/9/2019 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: RexKramerPRT
a reply to: paraphi

I read that fluoride is toxic in humans once dose is in the gram range yet is typically dosed in the milligram, 1/1000, range in water supplies. So unless you you are drinking hundreds of liters of water you aren't going to reach a toxic dose. Chlorine, Sodium Hypochlorite, Ferric Sulphate, Alluminium Chloride, Sodium Dioxide are all used in water treatment and all will cause harm in sufficient doses.

Hell, eat enough chocolate and you can poison yourself with Theobromine

Exactly. Don't forget about our good friend oxygen(O2). And dang, you think O3 would be even better for us like we should think H2O2 should be too, super oxygen and super water! More like my lungs hurt and now I have a blood disorder. Chemistry...

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Gyo01
It is a little more complicated than that...... Fluoride prevents iodine absorbsion.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join