It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have I woken up in the wrong place?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: Mclaneinc

You married a Muslim , I guess that makes your kids Muslim , sounds like you are in the right place.

You describe yourself as being married to an ordinary Muslim but as the right wingers here remind us the Muslims are going to breed the west out of Christianity,I guess you're just playing your role in making that happen faster eh.

What a disgusting post, followed up by a giant stroke from a broad brush....

I swear w every passing month the posts you make, make your forum name seem like a sick joke......

Absolutely horrible accusations, both to the OP, and members of this forum

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: Bhadhidar
Ah, the timeless “Missionary’s Lament”;

“Why are these people in this new land so different/backward/savage? Why aren’t they ‘civilized’, like we are?”

And the tried and true salve for said lament:

“We shall flood them with Our (Superior!) Culture in manner, food, beliefs, dress and language, and they shall learn the foolishness of their savage ways and become as we are!”

Only THIS time around, it’s you and yours in the role of the beleaguered “savages”.

Found the islamists......

And yes there's a big difference between being a Muslim and being an islamist.....

I was thinking the same thing, usually the ones that celebrate and revel in this sort of thing, along with the posters responses, its a pretty good bet thats the case.

We have several Muslims in our family, they act nothing like the Opening Post illustrated, it is definitely a byproduct of much more hardlined ideologies that do NOT conform to western civilization.

What i find comical is that people like that will blast others for being racist, but for some reason its ok for these Islamists to display racism.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   

You married a Muslim , I guess that makes your kids Muslim , sounds like you are in the right place.

You describe yourself as being married to an ordinary Muslim but as the right wingers here remind us the Muslims are going to breed the west out of Christianity,I guess you're just playing your role in making that happen faster eh.

No, my daughter is not a Muslim, she was brought up to be able to understand religion before she makes any choices in that direction. There's no "be a Muslim" pressure from any side. My mother in law is British AND a Muslim, that is how she see's herself unlike the Radicals so it sort of blows your response out of the water.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

originally posted by: Bhadhidar
Ah, the timeless “Missionary’s Lament”;

“Why are these people in this new land so different/backward/savage? Why aren’t they ‘civilized’, like we are?”

And the tried and true salve for said lament:

“We shall flood them with Our (Superior!) Culture in manner, food, beliefs, dress and language, and they shall learn the foolishness of their savage ways and become as we are!”

Only THIS time around, it’s you and yours in the role of the beleaguered “savages”.

Found the islamists......

And yes there's a big difference between being a Muslim and being an islamist.....

I was thinking the same thing, usually the ones that celebrate and revel in this sort of thing, along with the posters responses, its a pretty good bet thats the case.

We have several Muslims in our family, they act nothing like the Opening Post illustrated, it is definitely a byproduct of much more hardlined ideologies that do NOT conform to western civilization.

What i find comical is that people like that will blast others for being racist, but for some reason its ok for these Islamists to display racism.

Yes, that's the way we as a family feel and how my mother in law has always felt. Being married to a Muslim does not affect the way of life I have, nor does it affect my wife or daughter. My wife and in laws pray in their way and get on with life, its not the centre of her life, just a thing she feels strongly is helping her have peace in this world.

There is one radical in my in laws and he's as welcome as a fart in a space suit because he's seen by them as trouble and an embarrassment because of his backward nasty little views. There are actually 'ordinary Muslims' out there but we seem to get predominantly very strict almost brainwashed ones coming from strict Muslim lands.

Hell, they don't even follow what the book says..

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   

What a disgusting post, followed up by a giant stroke from a broad brush....

I swear w every passing month the posts you make, make your forum name seem like a sick joke......

Absolutely horrible accusations, both to the OP, and members of this forum

I appreciate yours and others posts, 99% have been incredibly supportive while a few have been pretty vindictive and made sweeping assertions as to how my family live and engage with society. Simply ignorance personified..

To the guy who feels like the British should suffer for past wrong doings by my ancestors, grow up, that's the same nasty little ideal used by Radicals as to why its ok for them to kill innocents ie past events.

There's a thing called time, it changes people, also there's education and improvement where we learn from our mistakes (hopefully) and we all change how we get on. Using the past which I have no control of asa way to beat me simply does not work, just the way as I have zero ill will towards Germans over the war, why would I, it was not the present set who were involved and to be honest I imagine that many of the Germans from that time had no ill will either, they were just caught up in all the madness going on. So get a grip, we can't use history to bash every person you don't like, we can however use history to better things.

I don't want this to turn into a us vs them type thread, as shown we happily live with all sides, or should I say, all sides that WANT to be happily lived with. That's the point of the rant, I'm seeing far too many people who simply want to create divides via culture and religion which don't need to happen and its based on violence and spite in most cases.

That is not a world that can survive...

Thanks to everyone for the positivity....

Paul...

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mclaneinc
To the guy who feels like the British should suffer for past wrong doings by my ancestors, grow up, that's the same nasty little ideal used by Radicals as to why its ok for them to kill innocents ie past events.

There's a thing called time, it changes people, also there's education and improvement where we learn from our mistakes (hopefully) and we all change how we get on. Using the past which I have no control of asa way to beat me simply does not work, just the way as I have zero ill will towards Germans over the war, why would I, it was not the present set who were involved and to be honest I imagine that many of the Germans from that time had no ill will either, they were just caught up in all the madness going on. So get a grip, we can't use history to bash every person you don't like, we can however use history to better things.

I didn't reply to that post as I could have been able to as I probably have more

actual experience in that area than him. My family went out to India in the late

1700's and were there in various capacities. They were involved in the Great

Survey of India, surgeons to various Indian Ruling bodies and 'their armies'

They laid foundations for the Indian civil service, and worked in various capacities

on the implementation of the Indian Railways. My Father was stationed there after

the first world war and when he left the British army he joined the Indian civil

service in the capacity of Police comissioner.

In those 2/300 years there were wars and bloodshed but much of it was between

the rulers of the various states the British often trying to keep the peace between

them. Between 1947 and 1951 my father in the police was trying to keep the peace

between Muslims and Hindus. It was a blood bath, but the British were not involved

Much is lost over time.....and history becomes the victim of truth.

edit on 3-9-2019 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   
What a sad story....by me ,the schools are taught half the day in Spanish.

The schools have never been at full compacity for hundreds of years until now.
Classrooms are filled and they bring in these portable trailer parks and use them as .makeshift classrooms.

More people drive around with no license and insurance.

It looks like my community has gone backwards.

These are not the immigrants of the past.

You have to be careful about electing bleeding heart liberals.
They lead soly with compassion and no logic.

If a boat was sinking. liberals would keep.brining people on board until the life raft sinks.

They dont know how to Make tough decisions.

Very dangerous to any country..

Import import import import,

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

You can get off that high horse there buddy , you're just cranky I had a dig at right wingers and you took it personally and let's face that's because you know I have a point.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   

No, my daughter is not a Muslim, she was brought up to be able to understand religion before she makes any choices in that direction. There's no "be a Muslim" pressure from any side. My mother in law is British AND a Muslim, that is how she see's herself unlike the Radicals so it sort of blows your response out of the water.

Interesting, I was under the wrong impression that Muslims were very secular and like Jews one had to convert to be accepted or even able to marry in.

Guess that blows the right wingers theory that we are at war with Muslims are they attempting to breed the rest of the world into extinction.

Thanks for the reply.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 10:56 PM
link   

My oldest son took his two daughters to London a few years back since I had told him how great it was when I had gotten to go on a tour when we were stationed in Germany waaaaaaaay back when (last century). I'm so glad he took the time to go see it before England as a whole falls to age old enemies, especially since it sounds like it's well on its way now. One would think the Queen would take some sort of stand or at least say something to put her remaining subjects at ease and maybe give them hope for a better day... It positively scares me when I think of what could happen to all the beautiful cathedrals, the art, let alone the way of life by mid century. But then that may be foreshadowing the fate of all Europe and is especially and sadly reflected by what little news we have coming out of Sweden...which is nothing positive. It's pretty damned sad when Sweden's law enforcement suggests that women who are natural blondes dye their hair dark to lessen their chances of being raped....

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Interesting, I was under the wrong impression that Muslims were very secular and like Jews one had to convert to be accepted or even able to marry in.

Guess that blows the right wingers theory that we are at war with Muslims are they attempting to breed the rest of the world into extinction.

Thanks for the reply.

The truth is that many are indeed very secular, certainly the newer arrivals in the country are extremely strict but there's also many who are more Westernised or came from countries that were not Islamic majority. The only thing I was asked to do was go through a Muslim marriage ceremony for my mother in law. She knew of my religious standing long before our marriage and it was and never has been an issue. The only additional work I have done is to learn more about how the religion works so I can't bring accidental hurt to her or the rest of the family. Every member of the family here in the UK, in Canada and the US that have met me have been totally lovely to me and us, I could not have been made more welcome and many became good friends over the years.

But to answer the 2nd half, I've had many dealings with the Islamist versions over the years, I'd take my mother in law to her mosque on a Friday and wait for her so she got home ok. While waiting it became clear I was a bit of a distraction to many. Some came over to ask if I was Police or there to make trouble others came over to get rid of the big white guy. It was quite uncomfortable even though I'm a big old lump, I was there just to pick up and drop off and nodded and smiled at anyone who looked at me but with the Somali attendee's I was seen as an issue and surrounded at times by youths directly outside the mosque. I stood my ground and on one occasion my mother in law came out and gave them some right stick for trying to intimidate me while others when they spotted I was actually with her decided to nod and smile back BUT there was a hard core set of Islamics that were quite vocal about my presence and I was given the old Kuffar treatment along with a certain Pakistani word that means something very rude. I being a take no sh*t person would ask them what the issue was and trust me they were happy to tell me. The direct viewpoint of these people was that I wasn't a Muslim and I was worth less because of that to the point of threats. They told me that this would be "Their" country soon we meaning non Muslims would get what we deserve. There were many instances of this with other normal Muslims coming over to try and calm them down and saying I was ok but it was clear that there's a growing set of young males that have a lot of contempt of us.

And sadly the religious practice of giving the man a child if he wants one with no way to say no is used by the extreme as a way of increasing the presence and for some to take more money away from the system, its not a wide spread ideal fortunately but it is indeed a genuine one with some of the less educated extremists.

I take people as I find them, if you show me respect and kindness then I don't care who or what you are, I'll give the same back, sadly I'm finding that this belief of being 'better than us' is growing in areas like mine. The intent of making conflict with people like my wife and I is a growing problem that I had hoped was declining but since the huge spate of new arrivals and a growing radicalism in the youth it has come back and worse than ever.

This is just our story here, its not a political rant, its just saying what goes on.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScrazzleBerry3

It positively scares me when I think of what could happen to all the beautiful cathedrals, the art, let alone the way of life by mid century. But then that may be foreshadowing the fate of all Europe and is especially and sadly reflected by what little news we have coming out of Sweden...which is nothing positive. It's pretty damned sad when Sweden's law enforcement suggests that women who are natural blondes dye their hair dark to lessen their chances of being raped....

I don't think the Caliphate mentality is that strong as yet, I do however see a steady growth in radicalism which is indeed worry for us all. It bewilders me when I see these IS idiots destroying their heritage using the notion of worshiping idols as a half arsed excuse, its not, its just an easy way to spread fear and hate. As for Sweden, yes, shocking to see how far the liberals over there have been betrayed by people they allowed in with welcome arms. Sweden has always had a totally liberal outlook and it made it one of the more pleasant places to visit and the people really nice BUT they never gave much thought to the notion that one day people would take that as a sign of weakness and take advantage of them.

Of course not every one that arrived did that, many just settled but with the obvious numbers of young males being the biggest percentage of the numbers coming and many from very repressed and violent places it was only time before they did the same that had gone on in Paris and Italy. The trouble for them was that the overtly liberal nature of the people still tried to play nice and make excuses for people like not making news of rapes public etc. The real tipping point was when as you say the Swedish politicians / Police forces told their women how to try and avoid rape by changing hair colour and when they should or should not go out, that sent a clear message to the gangs of men that they were getting a special clause.

I guess with the numbers arriving and the places they came from made stuff like this inevitable to some degree but by the Swedish government's actions they made it 10 times worse by sweeping it under the carpet till this day.

Really sad to see it happen when we are allowed a look inside Sweden. The religion does not directly approve of all this, it does say to not force beliefs and to not harm unbelievers but with most of these countries people come from adopting Shariah and its many incredibly nasty little extra laws created by men for men it's not hard to see why so many of these young men are like they are, if you have been told all your life that women are worth 50% of a man and that a woman is always owned by a man and of course the notion its ok to beat them and rape them then its clear some of these young men and older more radical males will do what we see.

For what its worth, its not in the book, its mostly made up crap....Again, in a way to stamp their better ness on the world and especially women.

None of it good.....Most Muslims in the Western world look down on these people but the numbers of siding with them grow slowly every day.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Well you a there living it so your assessment is likely spot on, at least from your experience with it

Would you agree that this isn't just a Muslim issue, we are seeing ,at least in my opinion many different people globally becoming radicalized to one degree or another for varying reasons and again my opinion is that disparity between the rich and poor is the major driving force for this happening and not so much religion.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Have I woken up in the wrong place?

No.
A different time where politicians are ruled by UN agenda.

Wow, you really excel at the stupid.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Well you a there living it so your assessment is likely spot on, at least from your experience with it

Would you agree that this isn't just a Muslim issue, we are seeing ,at least in my opinion many different people globally becoming radicalized to one degree or another for varying reasons and again my opinion is that disparity between the rich and poor is the major driving force for this happening and not so much religion.

Oh I fully agree its not just a Muslim thing re forms of radicalisation, look at The Nation Of Islam trying to encourage racial conflict (certainly one of their goals but its others who are not even Muslim doing it too, its just that they as a group are most seen to do it and nothing to do with their Islamic side), there's many jumping on the hate bandwagon across the world.

In my families case we (in this case it was me personally) have been here in the hate zone before which needs a shortish explanation. I'm from Belfast initially, the problem that we had placed on my parents was that one was Catholic and the other Protestant, so as the troubles in NI were flaring up what was already an popular mix became religious hatred against the pair of them. Thankfully we lived on the outskirts of Belfast at that point but even so word got around and the odd couple and one night in the early hours my bedroom window was smashed through but being in a gatelodge of a Hospital meant out house was secluded off the main road with forestry up to our back door (twas lovely in summer), next our electric went off and a gang much like the ones seen in the old Frankenstein films with pitch forks and lit torches emerged from the trees and my parents were told either to leave or they would burn us out...To be honest I'm stunned we were given a choice but I was just 8 and this was terrifying for me and my parents so we left with nothing but what was on our back and went to a ferry and left NI.

So being back in the religious / cultural hatred is nothing new to me but its incredibly hard on my wife and daughter, we get the mixed race crap, the "why is that Muslim with him" and the spite at my daughter for truly being mixed race.

I'm not trying to make this a purely Muslim thing, its as much an Asian (as in Pakistani / Indian) thing as well but mostly it is Muslims but there's a nasty way of trying to treat us like we are worth nothing and they are superior in many Asian parts of London and I'd imagine in places like Luton and place in the North. Its really odd as I've been up to Blackburn which is a largely Asian area and helped someone move to there and the attitude when I went in to an asian shop to get a coke was of initial fear by the shop owner, you could feel it, I went up with the coke and said "just the coke please" and it was like something popped, the guy looks at me and says thank you so I asked if there was a fast way to the motorway and he was really helpful so I asked him waht was with the look when I came in and he was honest nd told me that he does not get many white customers and when he has had them its usually trouble makers or people trying to rob the shop. So I chatted with him about this and then thanked him, shook his had and we said a friendly goodbye. Its was so weird as London was not like that, well never to that state, not even close but now its like theres a weird movement to separate themselves and make a cultural wall with pretty disgusting behaviour with it. The roads around here are a nightmare, many of the Asian drivers just ignore the traffic lights and also just U turn without warning and then give you a stinking look, they don't do the usual tip of the lights if you let them out and woe betide you if you want to get out of a side road, you won't be offered out.

I know all that seems trivial but its on top of remarks, foul words and quite clear racial hatred, its not a good thing. The only real gems are the Sikh folks, all I've met have been lovely people and I truly mean that. Sure there Msulims we have as friends and its certainly not an all Muslim issue, its truly the mostly newly arrived people and the youth now.

Anyway, as you can see I do agree that there's a strange world wide change in people, sometimes it feels like there's folk conspiring to put every one at each others throats and I know that there's a large set of folks on here that would agree with that but I being me HOPE that's not the case, I just want my family treated like I would anyone else, if I like you then chat and happy, if I don't like you then say so and ignore / leave alone...
edit on 5-9-2019 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-9-2019 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Thanks for the explanation, I appreciate you taking the time to go into detail.

I think we all just want to be treated with respect, as we both know though some people are just pricks and in your situation I can imagine you are judged a little more than others might be.

I don't think it's trivial either, being judged by strangers frequently isn't pleasant and takes it's toll, you come across as a bit hardened and I imagine growing up in Ireland and dealing with the IRA shenanigans helped mould that persona.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   

You can get off that high horse there buddy , you're just cranky I had a dig at right wingers and you took it personally and let's face that's because you know I have a point.

Not even close. Kiddo...........

And there was no point to that response other than hateful drivel, which as is apparent, was spotted by everyone in this thread......

But... Again.... Given your past responses on countless threads.... It was not a surprise...
edit on 9/6/2019 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Not even close. Kiddo...........

And there was no point to that response other than hateful drivel, which as is apparent, was spotted by everyone in this thread......

But... Again.... Given your past responses on countless threads.... It was not a surprise...

That's just your persecution complex firing up . I asked the questions I did for a very specific reason ,now I understand as youre busy learning 4d chess you may have missed it, given my past responses on this topic have been defending blanket statement made by right wingers about muslims.

You should probably stick to something you're good at, like following orders instead of having a go at me because you can't follow the conversation, or more to the point insert your own reality and make judgements on it

edit on 6-9-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

That's just your persecution complex firing up

Why would it be HIS persecution complex firing up? it wasnt directed at him

No actually what seems more likely is you just hate a "hate complex" to conservatives, and it typical beta male style, youll take any chance you can to take pot shots at them while sitting safely in anonymity behind your keyboard.

He nailed, and others, nailed you dead to the wall, and all your projection came flooding out

Maybe you should put the soy down, go eat yourself a steak, and work on your own self image instead of trying to project onto other people

Youre right I have not been here as long as you, but I too have seen this poster all over ATS, and his MO is always the same

Inflated sense of his own intellect, and over compensating attitude to cover up for his fragile ego

But hey what do I know, I am just an over the hill old sea rat whose seen enough of it in my long years to spot it

Case in point:

You should probably stick to something you're good at, like following orders instead of having a go at me because you can't follow the conversation, or more to the point insert your own reality and make judgements on it

Youre not fooling anyone but yourself , you cant keep up with half the people on this website with 3/4 of their brains tied behind their backs
edit on 7-9-2019 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   
As a fellow Londoner... Can confirm OP speaks the truth

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join