It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Money Breeds Freaks!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Imagine if you won the mega lottery for like a billion dollars. Wow, that'd be great, right? Well, maybe not, and this might be part of the problem with some of these elites...they have way too much money! But let's stick with winning the lottery as an example...

Day 1 as a billionaire - Hire a limo and go out to the most expensive restaurant you can find.
Day 2 as a billionaire - Hire a private jet and go to Bora Bora and stay at the most exotic hotel imaginable
Day 3 as a billionaire - Buy a limo, and a private jet...and a yacht...and a 25,000 square foot mansion in Malibu...and a private island
Day 4 as a billionaire - Balance your checkbook. Notice that you haven't even made a dent in your winnings yet. Still $920m.
Day 5 as a billionaire - What to do? Been everywhere, done everything, have all the toys, all the women/men, ate the best food, etc.
Day 6 as a billionaire - What's the craziest thing imaginable? Let's do that. Skydive, BASE jump, walk on hot coals.
Day 7 as a billionaire - Bored. Need some excitement. Let's rob a bank.
Day 8 as a billionaire - Balance the checkbook. Still have $900m. Not even a dent.
Day 9 as a billionaire - Really bored! Hmmmmm....let's see what sex with a water buffalo is like.
Day 10 as a billionaire - Wear a thong...on your head...become a drug cartel, sex with everything, invite some friends over.
Day 11 as a billionaire - Rule the world.

Seems like the problem is, some people just have too much money.

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Day 1 as a billionaire : Buy 100 acres in the middle of nowhere surround by a electric fence, build a nice house, shooting range and workshop. Buy new truck, new guns.
Tell the world to go to hell.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Or they are just kinky.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Day 10 sounds like a regular Tuesday.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   

I'd most likely give some to the Shriner's Hospital, St. Jude's and 11th Hour Rescue.

And then I'd fly in my G6 to the deepest part of the Amazon rainforest and go full cannibal with the natives.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You say that now, but I'll bet you'd change your tune after roasting a couple of those stringy/chewy natives on a spit.

And stewing them all the time gets old.

Trust me...I know.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
You say that now, but I'll bet you'd change your tune after roasting a couple of those stringy/chewy natives on a spit.

And stewing them all the time gets old.

Trust me...I know.

No, no, no. I'll be bringing them some tasty American sheeple snacks to feast on. Why do you think I'd donate to those kid's charities first? Access.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yeah, and now that you mention it, I guess those crippled kids do make good bait too.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Day 1 as a billionaire : Buy 100 acres in the middle of nowhere surround by a electric fence, build a nice house, shooting range and workshop. Buy new truck, new guns.
Tell the world to go to hell.

You're thinking to small! Let me try:

Day 1 as a billionaire : Buy 50,000 acres in the middle of nowhere surround by a electric fence, build a nice house, shooting range and workshop. Buy new truck, new guns.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

You are still thinking small,

Day 1 i would buy greenland and surround it with sharks with freakin lasers .

And 1 YETI cooler.
edit on 29831America/ChicagoSun, 18 Aug 2019 09:29:51 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

Still too small...

Buy Wyoming...surrounded by a 20' deep mote with alligators and snakes, build a castle, a manufacturing facilty and buy Remington and Springfield Armory...and a new truck.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

I was typing when you posted this...dammit!

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Day one as a billionaire, buy a restored 1957 Chevy Bel Air 2 door. Have you seen the price on those lately!!

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Day 1 as a billionaire - Hire a limo and go out to the most expensive restaurant you can find.

Wait a minute STOP! Slow down is this my money or your money?

And this

Day 2 as a billionaire - Hire a private jet and go to Bora Bora and stay at the most exotic hotel imaginable Day 3 as a billionaire - Buy a limo, and a private jet...and a yacht...and a 25,000 square foot mansion in Malibu...and a private island Day 4 as a billionaire - Balance your checkbook. Notice that you haven't even made a dent in your winnings yet. Still $920m. Day 5 as a billionaire - What to do? Been everywhere, done everything, have all the toys, all the women/men, ate the best food, etc. Day 6 as a billionaire - What's the craziest thing imaginable? Let's do that. Skydive, BASE jump, walk on hot coals. Day 7 as a billionaire - Bored. Need some excitement. Let's rob a bank. Day 8 as a billionaire - Balance the checkbook. Still have $900m. Not even a dent. Day 9 as a billionaire - Really bored! Hmmmmm....let's see what sex with a water buffalo is like. Day 10 as a billionaire - Wear a thong...on your head...become a drug cartel, sex with everything, invite some friends over. Day 11 as a billionaire - Rule the world.

Is more like one day for me.

edit on 18-8-2019 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: 38181

I'd rather have a cherry 1971 Chevy 4x4 Blazer "cheese grater"!

They'll command as much at Barret-Jackson as a '57 Chevy Bel Air.

Saw a 2x4 P/U roll off the block for over $100k about a month ago.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   
You first mistake was using a lottery in the example.

Even the "billion-dollar" jackpots are anything but. After tax and withholdings, the winner is only left with a measly few hundred million.

Also, you are preoccupied with "INSTANT" wealth.

Many folks (think Forbes posters for instance) are not overnight UHNWIs... This may take many, many years... You may sometimes see something close to what you're saying when a Unicorn lists on the stock market or is bought up by a bigger company and the owner sells off his stake...

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I know right! Lot of these rich people invest in classic cars and warbird aircraft. The returns at sale are tons better than a bank.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: AnakinWayneII

The point of the OP was to illustrate that too much money can be a bad thing.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I'd most likely give some to the Shriner's Hospital, St. Jude's....

And the innocence project.

Then set up a big trust for my local soup kichen/urban farm.
Subsidize local nature centers and parks.

Then buy that privacy-assuring proprty.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: AnakinWayneII

The point of the OP was to illustrate that too much money can be a bad thing.

I think getting rich quick might cause many problems, but working hard and making oneself rich would be a gradual process, therefore a whole different bag of beans.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join