It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports alleging China is bringing in military to Hong Kong border

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 07:44 PM
link   
If China completes its crackdown on Hong Kong,I would think that Japan would start openly talking about reinstating the military and start arming themselves.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Duderino
If only we weren't in a trade war with China, maybe we'd have a diplomatic leg to stand on in this situation.

The CIA did it. All I have to say. Shouldn't have make a mess in HK first place.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
The Brits are doing nothing. My friend is British and says they know she needs help but say at this time they can do nothing. What about the Brits and Americans caught in this mess? Why arn't their governments helping their own citizens? Are they that afraid of China? Very concerned. Guess my visits to HK are over. Will miss the shopping-yes, that's selfish.

Its a lost cause because the whole takeover of HK was wrong in so many ways and installing US military base there is even more wrong. So, it can't be saved unless HK people start learning fking history and stop siding with West and stay neutral instead. Brainwash by Democracy. I tell you what. North Korea is also democratic because their party says so, DPRK! Freedom and Democracy!
edit on 12-8-2019 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

When did she get called to do that? Just curious to the timeline.

Last week of July.

At this point, I don't even know if we'd help... Even if there was precious glorious American oil under it.

No, it's small geographically so the oil wouldn't be worth invading them over.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I admire them, but I know what's going to happen and it won't be pretty.

All the while people will be demanding we bow to them to keep cheap junk flowing in.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Wardaddy454

I agree with you, but unfortunately the globalist cabal wouldn't allow the UN to be disbanded even if they did crap the bed in Hong Kong. I'd like to see it happen, as I think a UN-less world is a much more peaceful, happier, prosperous world. BUT the US, UK, France, Russia, and Chinese are literally the only 5 countries that actually matter in the UN and none of them are going to step down from the UN because they'd lose their permanent place at the Security Council table and, along with it, their veto powers. Now, perhaps the UN could strongarm China into compliance by threatening (and meaning it) to boot them off the Council... but I doubt they have the balls to even make that threat, let alone follow through with it.

Um, you forgot Canada until US stabbed Canadians in the back internally. So good luck on that.

edit on 12-8-2019 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

1. I'm talking about PERMANENT members... Canada was never that.

2. How, oh how did the US stab canada in the back?

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
Just spoke to my good friend in Kowloon who is a buyer. She said there is total all out panic. She's trying to fly out anywhere as soon as she can but it's getting near impossible.

Assuming she's a native, this right here is why it's not worth dirtying OUR hands. Hong Kong natives won't even stay and lift a finger to fight for themselves, so why the hell should anyone else? Sorry honey, stay home and fight for it if you really want that freedom that badly. And people talk about people getting EBT in the US being an example of an entitlement complex? Expecting troops to rush in from clear across the globe to do the hard work for you is worse.

The people are not expecting any sort of international help and feel pretty doomed.

If they don't expect it, they need to grow some and get ready to fight for themselves. If they don't, they were never willing to to begin with, were they?

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemap

Brainwash by Democracy. I tell you what. North Korea is also democratic because their party says so, DPRK! Freedom and Democracy!

Woah, is North Korea your idea of what freedom and democracy is? You think Hk citizens want a North Korean version of individual freedom and democracy?

Lemme put it this way Hk people are scared of the rule of law in china. They fear the Chinese gov will restrict their personal freedom. The Chinese gov is seemingly doing everything they can to Reinforce this fear making the situation worse. The hkpf is definitely doing their part in showing what the future of Hk will be like, feigning ignorance to possible corruption etc. Hk gov Ignoring citizens opinion. Everything they are doing is reinforcing the fear Hk citizens have of Chinese “law and order”.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   
So it looks like the media has started to pick up on this story.
China media says Hong Kong protesters are ‘asking for self-destruction’ as military assembles nearby

Chinese propaganda outlets warned on Tuesday that protesters in Hong Kong are “asking for self-destruction,” as they released a video showing military vehicles amassing near the border of the city.

Videos show a massive procession of Chinese military vehicles gathering along the Hong Kong border as China mulls over its next move in response to protests

The second link has a strange video of the light armor vehicles allegedly moving near Hong Kong. I say it's strange because it appears that it was shot by a drone. It appears that China is being very open about the possibilities to come. I expected to see mostly cell phone footage of this, I guess they're not even trying to hide it.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I'm in Vegas for work but Magic Las Vegas is running concurrently while I'm here. I'll see if I can get some info from the HK sellers who usually make up a large portion of the event.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Nice, hit us up with whatever you find.

Looks like the airport is closed for the second day in a row, even with knowledge the military is 25~km from Hong Kong.

I don't think either side is going to stand down, Hong Kong had 1/3 of their population out on the streets protesting at one time. The sheer extent to their demonstration has been truly remarkable. Hopefully nothing tragic happens, but China doesn't like to look embarrassed so we shall see.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

The Hong Kong people should be able to knock up their own weapons internally and in secret if necessary, I mean it was a few decades ago knocking out much of east asais manufactured goods, surely they could knock up some guns and ammo quick if it get to that stage. Possibly they already have secret stockpiles anyway hidden during the immediate transition from British rule, or even supplies can be got to them by the West somehow then another Beirut type episode might materialsie?

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I’ve been hoping these protests would spread to mainland China. If tens of millions of Chinese took to the streets, the communists would defecate in their trousers. I’d like to see the whole rotten edifice of communist China come crashing down. The Chinese government is evil; it’s very open about wanting to replace the United States as world leader. I know many around the world — including millions of traitors in America — would rejoice to see that happen. But can you imagine what the world would be like with China setting the agenda? The people of Hong Kong know, and it fills them with dread.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

How many guns do you think they would need to protect themselves from a 1+ billion person country?

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Here’s the thing about China, something Trump has mentioned: It can’t be trusted to keep its word. It signs agreements and proceeds to violate them, while indignantly denying it violates them. China is unreliable as a business partner and the Western world was foolish, naive, greedy and shortsighted to build it up into the monster it has become. It would still be a minor power if the First World hadn’t sold its soul for perceived profits.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Scapegrace

Here’s the thing about China, something Trump has mentioned: It can’t be trusted to keep its word. It signs agreements and proceeds to violate them, while indignantly denying it violates them.

I'm sure the rest of the world feels the same when we pull out of agreements or disregard them.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

How many guns do you think they would need to protect themselves from a 1+ billion person country?

About the amount in the US military

Seriously though, there are people within HK who will fight to the death to preserve their culture and freedoms handed to them by the old colonial power. They sure can't beat China but they can form a serious thorn in the side if China sends in their occupation force

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

"Standing up for what's Right is worth paying dearly for it, even if it cost us everything."

Gotta disagree with you there. If it caused utter destruction to the USA, it wouldn't be worth it to fight HK's battle.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

What the hell are all thos aircraft carriers for? All our new laser weapons? Our F-22s and F-35s??? They are for China right now. Cmon wtf.

I only advocate for war if I'm willing to enlist and go fight it myself.... China hasn't attacked us, and while in an ideal world I'd love to stick up for people when we can, sometimes we can't. Attacking China would start WWIII, and would kill more people than there are residents in Hong Kong.

The world is a cruel place, and there are many corners of the planet that have evil people exploiting it's citizens.... The best thing we can do is maintain a nation that people want to emulate, enough so they are willing to overthrow their government.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join