It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports alleging China is bringing in military to Hong Kong border

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
Just spoke to my good friend in Kowloon who is a buyer. She said there is total all out panic. She's trying to fly out anywhere as soon as she can but it's getting near impossible. The people are not expecting any sort of international help and feel pretty doomed. I am concerned.

My guess is those with money or in the know flew out at least a week ago.
Very very scary times ahead for your friend.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: muzzleflash

Sorry Hong Kong, you're #'d.
If I was President I would have moved the Marines in last week.

China as a whole is repressive af.

Close to a million are in "re-education camps".... The citizens are going to have to demand change. We would just invoke WWIII by intervention... Killing more than we save.

It is what it is.

America is only interested in invading nations illegally and being the bad guy.

When we can be Captain America we shy away from it.
I'm so ashamed to be a witness to this.
Letting one of the greatest cities in the world get raped like this.

Standing up for what's Right is worth paying dearly for it, even if it cost us everything.

"Give me Liberty or give me Death." - Great words from a Great Man who was willing to sacrifice Everything for Justice. Hardly anyone in the USA believes in that one anymore. They are too attached to their TVs, fast food, and sports games to risk caring about anyone else.

This is BS man!

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   
What the hell are all thos aircraft carriers for? All our new laser weapons? Our F-22s and F-35s???

They are for China right now.
Cmon wtf.

They won't get a single ICBM across Guam.
I bet they wouldn't even fire them.

The whole world needs to come together and condemn China asap.
Where is everyone?

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I'm so pissed and I'm in tears because I just know in my Heart that America doesn't mean anything anymore.

Hearing them sing that song and hold our flag like that.
Dammit!

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
I'm so pissed and I'm in tears because I just know in my Heart that America doesn't mean anything anymore.

Hearing them sing that song and hold our flag like that.
Dammit!

Don't lose faith so quickly!

www.nationalreview.com...

The United States and free nations everywhere can and must stop this from happening.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   
https ://twitter.com/joshuawongcf/status/1160527258953457665/photo/1?ref_twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1160527258953457665&ref_url=https%3A%2 F%2Fwww.hongkongfp.com%2F2019%2F08%2F12%2Fhong-kong-police-shoot-projectiles-close-range-tai-koo-protester-suffers-ruptured-eye-tst%2F

ori ginally posted by: Lr103
Yeah, this is gonna get dark.
There were already some pictures out late last night, bloody protesters, just gruesome, I'm sorry I can't contribute pictures at the moment, My Gf found them I think somehow through Reddit, not sure, I was half asleep. Now I wish I paid more attention. She is at work right now, but I bet there will be pics/info out pretty soon.

Also I am reaching out to an old buddy who has friends in Kowloon. no news yet. if I get anything I'll contribute here.

Helluva week so far.
Ok, hope this link works, It looks like some news of the last few days in Hong Kong. I just got the link and have not had time to review it for authenticity, but here is for now. looks like police activity before the military shows up. HKFP[editb y]edit on 8/12/2019 by Lr103 because: not sure I put links in correctly.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   
THIS is hanging in the balance here. The dichotomy between Hong Kong (Freest economy on Earth for the 25th straight year) and China (100th freest out of 180 nations) is staggering. If the world stands idly by and allows Beijing to draw Hong Kong fully to heel, then Hong Kong ceases to be an extraordinarily free economy. IMO, this is where the UN demonstrates it is either beneficial or a useless waste of resources. If Beijing is allowed to sack Hong Kong, then we may as well disband and defund the UN.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I made a thread for it.

I used some of my posts here to build it + a few links others posted in here + a little more of my feelings about this.

Please join in solidarity with HK and Condemn China now!

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Hong Kong Protesters Wave American Flags, Sing Our National Anthem During Demonstration

They are either idiots or infiltrated agents, China has already complained about foreign influences.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   
The Brits are doing nothing. My friend is British and says they know she needs help but say at this time they can do nothing. What about the Brits and Americans caught in this mess? Why arn't their governments helping their own citizens? Are they that afraid of China? Very concerned. Guess my visits to HK are over. Will miss the shopping-yes, that's selfish.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   
What is happening in Hong Kong is a color revolution. That place will get only worse now that the protesters were not only waving US flags; they're now loudly singing the US national anthem on megaphones.

Yeah that really doesn't help the situation.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

Hong Kong Protesters Wave American Flags, Sing Our National Anthem During Demonstration

They are either idiots or infiltrated agents, China has already complained about foreign influences.

They are agents not idiots. They have being training for this kind of so called protest. I would suspect many of those called protesters already possibly double citizenships.

On purpose they want the situation to be worse. Its bad enough that a month ago one of their protesters were waving British imperialist era flags and now they are waving the American ones.

I assuming these protesters who are protesting against China are quite wealthy.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ChefFox

Sorry you have a point but I don't agree, edited my post as perhaps my manners lacked a bit, we are all right to have our own opinion's, something these poor people may soon lose.

edit on 12-8-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
Just spoke to my good friend in Kowloon who is a buyer. She said there is total all out panic. She's trying to fly out anywhere as soon as she can but it's getting near impossible. The people are not expecting any sort of international help and feel pretty doomed. I am concerned.

I'd be making for the coast and trying to find a boat heading to Taiwan, and then from there find a plane to Japan or SK.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
THIS is hanging in the balance here. The dichotomy between Hong Kong (Freest economy on Earth for the 25th straight year) and China (100th freest out of 180 nations) is staggering. If the world stands idly by and allows Beijing to draw Hong Kong fully to heel, then Hong Kong ceases to be an extraordinarily free economy. IMO, this is where the UN demonstrates it is either beneficial or a useless waste of resources. If Beijing is allowed to sack Hong Kong, then we may as well disband and defund the UN.

Should I feel bad that I want that last part, even at that cost?

That's sarcasm by the way.

I wonder about the world's response, and just how potentially crazy the Chinese government might be.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

I agree with you, but unfortunately the globalist cabal wouldn't allow the UN to be disbanded even if they did crap the bed in Hong Kong. I'd like to see it happen, as I think a UN-less world is a much more peaceful, happier, prosperous world. BUT the US, UK, France, Russia, and Chinese are literally the only 5 countries that actually matter in the UN and none of them are going to step down from the UN because they'd lose their permanent place at the Security Council table and, along with it, their veto powers. Now, perhaps the UN could strongarm China into compliance by threatening (and meaning it) to boot them off the Council... but I doubt they have the balls to even make that threat, let alone follow through with it.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

I wonder about the world's response, and just how potentially crazy the Chinese government might be.

Not crazy by the conventional sense, but willing to kill their own people to protect those in power? Oh yeah.

Should they go Tienanmen on HK, The US needs to formalize our relationship with Taiwan and sell them whatever they need to defend themselves.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

The CCP has got a problem , as a lot of the Companies have moved their bases to other parts of the world, they only operate from Hong Kong. If they the CCP move in the army , their already poor economy will just have got a lot worse.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
UN has always been a joke! Never really fulfilled its remit or properly acted on its charter just like the sec council.
edit on 12-8-2019 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I said that HK would be another TS along time ago only bigger! What you are about to observe is China's MO in action. They culturally have no regard for human life. They are like a parasitic virus and not so pleasant as a people in general! HK will never be the same after what is about to unfold! Was a nice place to visit now and again but I wont be visiting again. My partner was only recently suggesting we go back and I said you got to be kidding now. If you are there and caught up in this every person will be a shoot first target!!!

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join