It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports alleging China is bringing in military to Hong Kong border

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

So invade China?

Hong Kong is an autonomous region. I also don't agree with your assessment about Chinese capabilities, they can launch nuclear armed ballistic missiles from the sea.

There's not much defence against their short range capabilities either, they don't necessarily need to hit US mainland to do a lot of damage to the US.

I do agree that something needs to be done though, should've been done earlier tbh.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scapegrace
Here’s the thing about China, something Trump has mentioned: It can’t be trusted to keep its word. It signs agreements and proceeds to violate them, while indignantly denying it violates them. China is unreliable as a business partner and the Western world was foolish, naive, greedy and shortsighted to build it up into the monster it has become. It would still be a minor power if the First World hadn’t sold its soul for perceived profits.

China has no respect for intellectual property. Ask literally any corporation that has done business there: General Motors, Microsoft, Apple, Tesla, whoever. They've all had trade secrets stolen so Chinese companies can produce knockoff products.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Hong Kong is probably a flase flag op to keep thye Chinese engaged............. Look for Ukraine to flare up to keep the Russians pre-occupied. Bolton is planning to take out Iran any minute and wants it done right away before Iran gets off its sanctioned knees. Expect a new Iran flag any minute now to take out the Mullahs while Putin and Xi are looking the other way

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

False flag? How? There are hundreds of thousands of Hong Kong's population involved in these protests.

edit on 13-8-2019 by oldcarpy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

So invade China?

What??
That would be insane.
Invading China would be 100x more difficult than Iraq or Afghanistan.

I absolutely did not suggest we invade mainland China.
That would be the worst possible military strategy available!

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Trump Bibi MBS and Boris will be involved in these protests indeed they well be doing an Orange type rev in China and trying to spread it to keep China penned in a nd occupied when they attempt to put back Iran's military industrial netwoork in particulat the nuke development centres back to pre Iranian Mullah takeovers

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: makemap

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Wardaddy454

I agree with you, but unfortunately the globalist cabal wouldn't allow the UN to be disbanded even if they did crap the bed in Hong Kong. I'd like to see it happen, as I think a UN-less world is a much more peaceful, happier, prosperous world. BUT the US, UK, France, Russia, and Chinese are literally the only 5 countries that actually matter in the UN and none of them are going to step down from the UN because they'd lose their permanent place at the Security Council table and, along with it, their veto powers. Now, perhaps the UN could strongarm China into compliance by threatening (and meaning it) to boot them off the Council... but I doubt they have the balls to even make that threat, let alone follow through with it.

Um, you forgot Canada until US stabbed Canadians in the back internally. So good luck on that.

Does this mean no Mounties on horseback to save us?

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   
As it stands think the OP is an over-reaction, although riot cops have now been sent to the airport and the protesters are not happy, this is getting to be a full blown riot at the moment

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Who is "Bibi"?

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

What the hell are all thos aircraft carriers for? All our new laser weapons? Our F-22s and F-35s??? They are for China right now. Cmon wtf.

I only advocate for war if I'm willing to enlist and go fight it myself.... China hasn't attacked us, and while in an ideal world I'd love to stick up for people when we can, sometimes we can't. Attacking China would start WWIII, and would kill more people than there are residents in Hong Kong.

The world is a cruel place, and there are many corners of the planet that have evil people exploiting it's citizens.... The best thing we can do is maintain a nation that people want to emulate, enough so they are willing to overthrow their government.

I got a bit caught up in the moment and it was very sensational for me.
I may have exaggerated my thoughts/feelings.
I do think we should still stand up to them though.
Sigh....

link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

I absolutely did not suggest we invade mainland China.
That would be the worst possible military strategy available!

Much easier to let th eChinese invade instead starting in Homg Kong and stir up a protest. We couldn't invade the Soviet Union but stirring up a little stuff in Estonia led to all the cards crashing down and a fragmented set re-emeging that is at least much less threatening + the ideology was largely destroyed which will be a double win for Mr Capitalist

link   
a reply to: oldcarpy
Trump,s right hand man in the eastern Med

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

originally posted by: Duderino
If only we weren't in a trade war with China, maybe we'd have a diplomatic leg to stand on in this situation.

Honestly that probably gives us more footing.

Since when does China listen to the global community in regard to their domestic affairs?

If anyone has grounds to intervene, it's the UK, not the US. The agreement to keep Hong Kong semi-autonomous was with them, not us.

True, and if Ukraine and Crimea showed, even if it did involve us, we're some professional hand sitters (though to be fair I was glad we didn't intervene there).

I doubt the UK is going to go past lip service given their hands being full trying to get Brexit squared away.

Also got troops heading to the straight of Hormuz

Everybody knows there isn't going to be a conflict between the UK and China over this.

I know... they are preparing for Iran right now. Don't have the res for 2 wars!

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum
As it stands think the OP is an over-reaction, although riot cops have now been sent to the airport and the protesters are not happy, this is getting to be a full blown riot at the moment

How is OP an over reaction?

It showed early reports that military forces has been moved near the Hong Kong border... This has been confirmed by media, even Chinese.

Keep in mind this situation is fluid, the Honk Kong airport is going on day 2 of shut down.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Yup I would imagine we will see a steady escalation by the police until the world stops looking then the military units will roll (using alleged violence by the protestors as a reason) crush the protestors and before the UN can finish its first draft of a letter of protest it will be over and many will be dead and many more will disappear into the Chinese gulags.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Summary from today, police withdrew from airport, protesters barricaded themselves inside, and also took an undercover captive, guy would've got torn limb from limb if the ambulance crew hadn't arrived.

Bit of a disaster day for the HK authorities, and if anything, it may just increase the possibility of China sending in some task force, I doubt it will be troops though

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Trump just tweeted this out, less than an hour ago:

Our Intelligence has informed us that the Chinese Government is moving troops to the Border with Hong Kong. Everyone should be calm and safe!

I believe we just got official confirmation that smelly brown stuff is about to hit the fan.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Trump just tweeted this out, less than an hour ago:

Our Intelligence has informed us that the Chinese Government is moving troops to the Border with Hong Kong. Everyone should be calm and safe!

I believe we just got official confirmation that smelly brown stuff is about to hit the fan.

Well, I think that's what many were fearing. Thanks for updating the thread Andy 👍

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

I do agree that something needs to be done though, should've been done earlier tbh.

America and Western Countries should simply just stop meddling and putting their nosnes into everywhere.
Libya is now a failed state.
Kosovo is a state where drug trade is happening and no one is stopping it. Being imported into the Balkans and then to Europe.

These protests are nothing more then regime change and color revolutions its rather ironic they are happening now in HK after the failures of the trade war.
edit on 13-8-2019 by ChefFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Duderino
If only we weren't in a trade war with China, maybe we'd have a diplomatic leg to stand on in this situation.

Honestly that probably gives us more footing.

Since when does China listen to the global community in regard to their domestic affairs?

If anyone has grounds to intervene, it's the UK, not the US. The agreement to keep Hong Kong semi-autonomous was with them, not us.

True, and if Ukraine and Crimea showed, even if it did involve us, we're some professional hand sitters (though to be fair I was glad we didn't intervene there).

I doubt the UK is going to go past lip service given their hands being full trying to get Brexit squared away.

Also got troops heading to the straight of Hormuz

Everybody knows there isn't going to be a conflict between the UK and China over this.

I know... they are preparing for Iran right now. Don't have the res for 2 wars!

If anything these protests are NGO backed and if anything they are testing the waters for another protest in Iran you can be sure of that one.
edit on 13-8-2019 by ChefFox because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join