It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flatland And The Interdimensionals

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   
There has been a lot of conjecture lately about whether our "visitors" are extraterrestrials or interdimensional beings....
and I suspect that many people are using the term 'dimension' to mean parallel universe or alternate plane of existence.
So just what is a dimension? Well, here in our 3 dimensional existence our 3 dimensions that we can perceive are simply height, width, and depth (the temporal dimension of time does not apply to this discussion so I'm leaving it out). Now let's say that within our 3 dimensional existence there exists a 2 dimensional world where the occupants can only perceive 2 dimensions...width and depth. Let's call this place Flatland.
Now, if one of us 3 dimensional beings, you perhaps, were to poke your finger through Flatland... what would a Flatlander see? They would see a circle (the circumference of your finger) that they had to maneuver around. They would be unable to perceive or even conceive of your finger, much less the body it's attached to.
Now let's say that there is also a 4 dimensional existence that our 3 dimensional world exists within.... with the 4 dimensions being height, width, depth, and ? (some spirit type thing?) Either way that 4th dimension would be something we do not have the ability to conceive of. And if a 3 dimensional finger pokeing through Flatland looks like a circle then it stands to reason that a 4 dimensional finger poking into our existence would appear as a sphere.
So what if all these orbs that people (myself included) are seeing is just some naughty little 4 dimensional child poking his chubby little fingers into our 3 dimensional existence?
Now that's just an over simplified example and maybe it's not fingers they're poking at us but whatever it is we just aren't constructed to be able to perceive any 4 dimensional objects as they really are.
What say you, ATS?
edit on 8/8/2019 by MissSmartypants because: Edit

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Cool thought experiment.

Our brains function using an 11 dimensional setup.

Brains in the Eleventh Dimension

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I wondered that as well.

Good thread, can't wait to see the discussions.

Skinwalker ranch suddenly just pops up in my head...

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cravens
Cool thought experiment.

Our brains function using an 11 dimensional setup.

Brains in the Eleventh Dimension
Absolutely fascinating! Perhaps in 4 dimension land "thought" is a dimension.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   
You're so smart . But time is 4th dimension.......or has that been turned!

My math buddies in Scripture think we need yup 11 dimensions to accommodate Paul's third level of heaven,

The unexplainable are demons....ya see a pair of red eyes.....cleared to yank the 44 SW which will take out 14 demons if they line up......

I vote interdimensional by either way.....any way.....

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: MissSmartypants

Sharman, witch doctors and many others appear to have tapped into this other dimension through the use of substances, wherein the existence of other beings, or being, is manifestly present, can be somewhat understood and appears to know more about us than we know about ourselves.

I think the next dimension requires some serious brainpower to connect with the height, width, depth.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Sharman, witch doctors and many others appear to have tapped into this other dimension through the use of substances, wherein the existence of other beings, or being, is manifestly present, can be somewhat understood and appears to know more about us than we know about ourselves.

I think the next dimension requires some serious brainpower to connect with the height, width, depth.
Yes, and perhaps "thought" is much more than we think it is and we basically can only perceive it's shadow.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
You're so smart . But time is 4th dimension.......or has that been turned!

My math buddies in Scripture think we need yup 11 dimensions to accommodate Paul's third level of heaven,

The unexplainable are demons....ya see a pair of red eyes.....cleared to yank the 44 SW which will take out 14 demons if they line up......

I vote interdimensional by either way.....any way.....
Don't mean to nitpick... but we have 3 spatial dimensions...height, width, and depth...and one temporal dimension which is time. Yep, 4 dimensions in total...but as I explained the temporal dimension of time wasn't pertinent to the point I was making.
And I am so smart so at least you're right about that.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   

I agree that this is a good possibility and I have explained this before on these boards almost exactly as you have here.

Foo Fighters. It was after reading about the Foo Fighters that a I came to this conclusion. Look up Foo Fighters.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
The unexplainable are demons.....

Your whole post is rather unexplainable to me...

You wouldn't mind explaining would you?

Who are your buddies at scripture?

What is 44 SW?

Why 14 demons?

And don't give me the red eye stare on this one

Honestly No Clue

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Some of it is undeniably extra-dimensional in my experience. Not the metaphorical extra-dimension either, a literal one. This is a concept I have been chasing for over 20 years since I was an adverturous psychonaut, I just didnt know what I was chasing back then. It wasnt until the last 5 years that dots started to connect and childhood experiences started to make sense. There is no debate in my opinion, it was signed, sealed, and delivered "in person" so to speak.

I have just finished a fantastic 3 book series that is incredibly thought provoking and fun to read that lays out some practical uses and problems with trying to utilize these dimensions. All 3 on Kindle Unlimited.

Book 1 : Quantum Space by Douglas Phillips.
Book 2: Quantum Void
Book 3: Quantum Time

The mind F of general society finding out we werent even on the correct highway let alone correct lane for the foundation of many of our day to day operating procedures is going to be wild.

What a long strange trip, this reality.

Thanks for the fantastic post.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants
There has been a lot of conjecture lately about whether our "visitors" are extraterrestrials or interdimensional beings....
and I suspect that many people are using the term 'dimension' to mean parallel universe or alternate plane of existence.
So just what is a dimension? Well, here in our 3 dimensional existence our 3 dimensions that we can perceive are simply height, width, and depth (the temporal dimension of time does not apply to this discussion so I'm leaving it out). Now let's say that within our 3 dimensional existence there exists a 2 dimensional world where the occupants can only perceive 2 dimensions...width and depth. Let's call this place Flatland.
Now, if one of us 3 dimensional beings, you perhaps, were to poke your finger through Flatland... what would a Flatlander see? They would see a circle (the circumference of your finger) that they had to maneuver around. They would be unable to perceive or even conceive of your finger, much less the body it's attached to.
Now let's say that there is also a 4 dimensional existence that our 3 dimensional world exists within.... with the 4 dimensions being height, width, depth, and ? (some spirit type thing?) Either way that 4th dimension would be something we do not have the ability to conceive of. And if a 3 dimensional finger pokeing through Flatland looks like a circle then it stands to reason that a 4 dimensional finger poking into our existence would appear as a sphere.
So what if all these orbs that people (myself included) are seeing is just some naughty little 4 dimensional child poking his chubby little fingers into our 3 dimensional existence?
Now that's just an over simplified example and maybe it's not fingers they're poking at us but whatever it is we just aren't constructed to be able to perceive any 4 dimensional objects as they really are.
What say you, ATS?

I say how about the dimensions are water air space earth.....and as yet to be soon others......and when we lose sight of them these Craft and occupants SLIP BETWEEN these dimensions into what will come to be known as a Neutral Dimension Zone or NDZ.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I've always loved this description and use it often whenever I can. You can use shadows to describe it as well. A 3D cube casts a 2D shadow, so going with this we can say our 3D reality is a shadow of a 4D reality and so on and so forth.

You can also use this to hypothesize the nature of our reality and whether it is a simulation. We play games on our computers in a 2D landscape with the illusion of it being 3D (Grand Theft Auto V). So our 3D selves are controlling these 2D characters who are none the wiser. What if we are multidimensional and exist in the 4th dimension and are controlling our 3D characters the same way we control our 2D characters?

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheMadTitan
I've always loved this description and use it often whenever I can. You can use shadows to describe it as well. A 3D cube casts a 2D shadow, so going with this we can say our 3D reality is a shadow of a 4D reality and so on and so forth.

You can also use this to hypothesize the nature of our reality and whether it is a simulation. We play games on our computers in a 2D landscape with the illusion of it being 3D (Grand Theft Auto V). So our 3D selves are controlling these 2D characters who are none the wiser. What if we are multidimensional and exist in the 4th dimension and are controlling our 3D characters the same way we control our 2D characters?

Exactly, my "higher self" (that I don't listen to nearly enough) is my 4 dimensional self.
And what we think of as "thoughts" are mere shadows of thoughts and thoughts are much much more than what we think they are... and more powerful as well...just as a person is more powerful than a shadow of a person.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve
Some of it is undeniably extra-dimensional in my experience. Not the metaphorical extra-dimension either, a literal one. This is a concept I have been chasing for over 20 years since I was an adverturous psychonaut, I just didnt know what I was chasing back then. It wasnt until the last 5 years that dots started to connect and childhood experiences started to make sense. There is no debate in my opinion, it was signed, sealed, and delivered "in person" so to speak.

I have just finished a fantastic 3 book series that is incredibly thought provoking and fun to read that lays out some practical uses and problems with trying to utilize these dimensions. All 3 on Kindle Unlimited.

Book 1 : Quantum Space by Douglas Phillips.
Book 2: Quantum Void
Book 3: Quantum Time

The mind F of general society finding out we werent even on the correct highway let alone correct lane for the foundation of many of our day to day operating procedures is going to be wild.

What a long strange trip, this reality.

Thanks for the fantastic post.
And thank you for your welcome input.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TheMadTitan

I currently opine that consciousness is non local, and therefore exists as part of our reality as well as existing outside all of what we consider reality. I believe consciousness is simultaneously in all spatial and temporal dimensions, essentially because of this it does make us what you suggest.

As a side not I also believe consciousness can communicate across those dimensions as well. I very humbly hope to demonstrate that eventually, but may have already done so which makes my attempts from the present seem kind of lame and wholly unimpresive for anyone but myself. I believe we may experience this communication subconsciously by way of intuition and precognicance but I suggest it can be done deliberately and purposefully as well.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve
a reply to: TheMadTitan

I currently opine that consciousness is non local, and therefore exists as part of our reality as well as existing outside all of what we consider reality. I believe consciousness is simultaneously in all spatial and temporal dimensions, essentially because of this it does make us what you suggest.

As a side not I also believe consciousness can communicate across those dimensions as well. I very humbly hope to demonstrate that eventually, but may have already done so which makes my attempts from the present seem kind of lame and wholly unimpresive for anyone but myself. I believe we may experience this communication subconsciously by way of intuition and precognicance but I suggest it can be done deliberately and purposefully as well.
Yes, the mind (or consciousness) exists outside the body and our brain is the receiver/transmitter that we use to access it.
And we can communicate across dimensions....I call it prayer and I do it all the time.

edit on 8/8/2019 by MissSmartypants because: Ex

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 08:28 PM
link   

I think we have much more power than we realise. I think we are multidimensional in both senses of the word, we exist in lower and higher dimensions (2D and 4D and beyond) and also infinite lateral dimensions (parallel universes). Infinite versions of you for every choice you make or will ever make.

I think the power we aren't aware of is the ability to shape our reality as we see fit and our consciousness leaps through these realities according to our thoughts. How often do you think of a song and it pops on the radio or you're thinking of someone and they call you or that movie you watched as a kid you can't remember the name of and it's aired on TV? Sure, it can be chalked up to coincidence but it happens so often, for me at least, since I was a child that it can't be just coincidence.

People say to think positive thoughts to draw positivity to you and it does work, just in a sense we can't fully understand or describe with science because we lack the 'tools' necessary to understand, just as the flatlanders 2D science cannot explain 3D phenomena. Everything paranormal whether that be ghosts, spirits, demons, monsters etc could all be very real but exist in an alternate dimension and by some freak occurrence these dimensions overlap.

Cool thread!!

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Leaving one of the variables in an equation as undefined it is a risky slope into madness, garbage in garbage out kind of thing. Quantum mechanics has declared thing like top, down, spin and bottom to help define some structure and give the researcher something to hang onto diving into the gray zone. There are as many dimensions as what we can put a name to, trying to make sense out of it all and define the relationships in a reproducible manner is the tricky part.

As for interacting with any interdimensional entities, if we can see that sphere it is a start.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheMadTitan

I think we have much more power than we realise. I think we are multidimensional in both senses of the word, we exist in lower and higher dimensions (2D and 4D and beyond) and also infinite lateral dimensions (parallel universes). Infinite versions of you for every choice you make or will ever make.

I think the power we aren't aware of is the ability to shape our reality as we see fit and our consciousness leaps through these realities according to our thoughts. How often do you think of a song and it pops on the radio or you're thinking of someone and they call you or that movie you watched as a kid you can't remember the name of and it's aired on TV? Sure, it can be chalked up to coincidence but it happens so often, for me at least, since I was a child that it can't be just coincidence.

People say to think positive thoughts to draw positivity to you and it does work, just in a sense we can't fully understand or describe with science because we lack the 'tools' necessary to understand, just as the flatlanders 2D science cannot explain 3D phenomena. Everything paranormal whether that be ghosts, spirits, demons, monsters etc could all be very real but exist in an alternate dimension and by some freak occurrence these dimensions overlap.

Cool thread!!

Unfortunately the ability to control our reality seems to be so dependent on our ever changing state of mind. It's like the Bible says...if you ask for something and know you will receive it, then you will. It's holding on to the "knowing" that seems to be so difficult.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join