It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flatland And The Interdimensionals

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

originally posted by: MissSmartypants

originally posted by: sputniksteve
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Are you thrn arguing that no other dimensions exist outside of the 4 we commonly reference? That seems short sighted.
Let me try to clear this up. The 11 postulated dimensions are based on mathematical formulas in an effort to reconcile previous postulations in quantum physics. We do not have any instruments that have measured or confirmed any of these dimensions.
Yes, but again as I already explained, the extra dimensions you're talking about would be so tiny that they wouldn't be of help in explaining UFO observations, since UFOs aren't that tiny.

And I find it rather presumptuous by the scientific community to believe that our 3 dimensional math and instruments would be able to correctly or completely reveal the complexity of this phenomenon.
It depends on what you hypothesize about the extra dimensions. If you hypothesize they are isolated somehow from our three dimensions of space and one of time, and don't interact, then it's difficult to prove such things don't exist. But if that's your hypothesis, then you're also doing nothing to explain the UFO phenomenon as interdimensional which implies that what's being observed with 'interdimensional UFOs" would be some kind of interaction with of the extra dimensions with our own.

If you instead hypothesize that there is some kind of interaction with the other dimensions and our three of space and time, then that would explain why people can see them, but aren't people's eyes and brain three dimensional sensors?

It's hard to make logical sense of a thought process where you seem to posit that people can see them with their 3D eye sensors but no other 3D sensor can work. While the eyes are biological and other sensors are not, many of the other 3D sensors scientists use are far more sensitive than eyes, for example they can in some cases detect a single photon, which a human eye can't do; it requires at least a handful of photons to sense any kind of optical image.
Well, now that you've gotten that out of your system maybe the rest of us can go back to enjoying my fun little thread.

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   

a reply to: MissSmartypants

I fully understand, I am just curious if Arb knows better than the theorists or if I am misunderatanding. It seems short sighted to me to make such an absolute statement.
Up until recently the speed of light was a absolute constant but now they know it varies in different parts of the universe.

In what parts of the universe does the speed of light vary? I always understood the speed of light to be the cosmic speed limit — with photons being massless — but this is news to me that “c” varies in a vacuum. Thanks in advance 🙏

ETA: I read the post following the one I responded to and understand that you asserted there are cameras that can ‘capture’ light, any way I can get some Sunday afternoon reading material on these cameras/effects? Much appreciated.

@Arb: C’mon man, do you really have to be so patronizing and condescending? Just post the information and leave the editorializing about ‘going over heads’ and extraneous pot-shots out of the discussion. It’s a fun thread and no one wants a know-it-all poo-pooing others perceived lack of understanding...I know you can do it. Cheers
edit on 11-8-2019 by Cravens because: ETA

edit on 11-8-2019 by Cravens because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cravens

I fully understand, I am just curious if Arb knows better than the theorists or if I am misunderatanding. It seems short sighted to me to make such an absolute statement.
Up until recently the speed of light was a absolute constant but now they know it varies in different parts of the universe.

In what parts of the universe does the speed of light vary? I always understood the speed of light to be the cosmic speed limit — with photons being massless — but this is news to me that “c” varies in a vacuum. Thanks in advance 🙏

ETA: I read the post following the one I responded to and understand that you asserted there are cameras that can ‘capture’ light, any way I can get some Sunday afternoon reading material on these cameras/effects? Much appreciated.

@Arb: C’mon man, do you really have to be so patronizing and condescending? Just post the information and leave the editorializing about ‘going over heads’ and extraneous pot-shots out of the discussion. It’s a fun thread and no one wants a know-it-all poo-pooing others perceived lack of understanding...I know you can do it. Cheers
I can't link from my phone but there is an interesting article on BBC.com entitled "Scientists slow the speed of light". But what I originally alluded to was an article I read( which I can't find) that asserted that there were areas of the universe where the speed of light was different. I will try to find it.

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   

This is whole ufo 4d thing is all unexplainable if we think the experience happens outside- in.

If you want to be a good theoretical physician or mathematician making thought exercises is the way to Charter unknown territorys.

Up for one?

Let's assume the experience starts inside out.
Inside our brains phisicaly speaking,
Some call it mind over matter
My favorite is psychosomatic universe which will be a thread title in the not so distant future.

Let's also asume
that we can only experience of what we are aware of.
Right now we are only aware of the 3d aspect.
space time is sort of the 4d aspect.

it's shape got defined in the process of building the 3 dimensions.
It couldn't be mapped out until the 3 observers of each dimension get an efficient information flow between each other.
Finding this harmony they get aware of their gravity point, through which flows the 4th dimension and makes the whole experience vibrant and colorful.

The awareness of the 2d observer defines it's experience in the 2d world he's tuned to.
His awareness percieves a circle as expression of the next higher dimension
3d awareness does that in the one we are currently tuned to.
We percieve spheres as expressions of the higher dimensions.
Like sun, moon, earth, then where the observer is there aren't much spheres, but it gets very play and colorful figure that and then atoms, protons, neutron's, electrons,...

now the 4d awareness is very special because it makes the observer aware of frequencies. And how they fill space.
Becoming aware of it he gets to see it in the observers current awareness 3d which express itself clinically as shiny little spheres.

In a inside out model of reality this new awareness can take on many other forms as well, depending very much of how efd up ones mind is.

Pseudo science sounds like a new age Inquisition.

Or maybe it's a very elaborate way to hide a truth so simple but so powerful it would make their tricks obsolete and ultimately free mankind, or destroy everything.
Depending on how much psychological harm has been done and if we can threat something we're not aware of with loving curiosity. Instead of fearful curiosity.

Sincerely No Clue

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Could be this one.

Two papers, published in the European Physics Journal D in March, attempt to derive the speed of light from the quantum properties of space itself. Both propose somewhat different mechanisms, but the idea is that the speed of light might change as one alters assumptions about how elementary particles interact with radiation. Both treat space as something that isn't empty, but a great big soup of virtual particles that wink in and out of existence in tiny fractions of a second.

Speed of Light May Not Be Constant, Physicists Say

You ATSliens made an old cubist very happy with this read!
Have some fun with this nugget, Hidden Dimensions: Exploring Hyperspace

Extra dimensions of space—the idea that we are immersed in hyperspace—may be key to explaining the fundamental nature of the universe. Relativity introduced time as the fourth dimension, and Einstein’s subsequent work envisioned more dimensions still--but ultimately hit a dead end. Modern research has advanced the subject in ways he couldn’t have imagined. John Hockenberry joins Brian Greene, Lawrence Krauss, and other leading thinkers on a visual tour through wondrous spatial realms that may lie beyond the ones we experience.

edit on 11-8-2019 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 09:38 PM
link   

I completely understand you and apologize for not reading more thoroughly. Where we are going, no spaceships or even bodies are needed. Nothing is needed is a better statement but still not accurate.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 12:35 AM
link   

There has been a lot of conjecture lately about whether our "visitors" are extraterrestrials or interdimensional beings....
and I suspect that many people are using the term 'dimension' to mean parallel universe or alternate plane of existence.
So just what is a dimension? Well, here in our 3 dimensional existence our 3 dimensions that we can perceive are simply height, width, and depth (the temporal dimension of time does not apply to this discussion so I'm leaving it out). Now let's say that within our 3 dimensional existence there exists a 2 dimensional world where the occupants can only perceive 2 dimensions...width and depth. Let's call this place Flatland.
Now, if one of us 3 dimensional beings, you perhaps, were to poke your finger through Flatland... what would a Flatlander see? They would see a circle (the circumference of your finger) that they had to maneuver around. They would be unable to perceive or even conceive of your finger, much less the body it's attached to.
Now let's say that there is also a 4 dimensional existence that our 3 dimensional world exists within.... with the 4 dimensions being height, width, depth, and ? (some spirit type thing?) Either way that 4th dimension would be something we do not have the ability to conceive of. And if a 3 dimensional finger pokeing through Flatland looks like a circle then it stands to reason that a 4 dimensional finger poking into our existence would appear as a sphere.
So what if all these orbs that people (myself included) are seeing is just some naughty little 4 dimensional child poking his chubby little fingers into our 3 dimensional existence?
Now that's just an over simplified example and maybe it's not fingers they're poking at us but whatever it is we just aren't constructed to be able to perceive any 4 dimensional objects as they really are.
What say you, ATS?

Great, thought-provoking thread! Thanks!

This could explain why we cannot get our hands on physical "evidence" or why even photos are elusive.

But beyond that, as entertainment, I remember the Twilight Zone episode where the little girl was lost in a parallel universe or other dimension right next to ours. An old show but a very good episode.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I have experienced what i can only describe as being aware of a 4th dimensional aspect to space.

However, unfortunately the rules of this forum prevent me publicly describing my experience or how this state of consciousness can be achieved.

Feel free to PM if you want further information.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Not true at all, "optical images" as you put it can be generated without any interaction with photons.

Research phosphenes.

Then you have conditions such as my own which result in frame translation errors, snow vision and ability to phase transition their optical stimulus.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join