It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bushes morals for the world/US Draws Jeers for Abortion Comments at UN

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   
What is this fascination that the Bush administration has with pushing its moral ethics on the rest of the world? WHy does the current administration feel the need to tell the world that they are not as good as us and they should be better than they are?

U.S. delegate Ellen Sauerbrey spoke at a global womens conference about abortion and ethics. She was meet with boos anb catcalls. It would seem that the rest of the world would like us to keep our judgments to ourselves. This is from an article entitled, US Draws Jeers for Abortion Comments at UN

By Deborah Zabarenko

UNITED NATIONS (Reuters) - Jeers and catcalls greeted the top U.S. delegate to a global women's conference on Friday as she stressed Washington's opposition to abortion and support for sexual abstinence and fidelity.

After withdrawing an unpopular anti-abortion amendment from a key U.N. document, the United States joined in approving the declaration that reaffirmed a 150-page platform agreed 10 years ago at a landmark U.N. women's conference in Beijing.

However, top U.S. delegate Ellen Sauerbrey drew boos from the audience, which included some of the 6,000 activists who came from around the world, when she commented on Washington's interpretation of the document.

"We have stated clearly and on many occasions ... that we do not recognize abortion as a method of family planning, nor do we support abortion in our reproductive health assistance," Sauerbrey said.

The loudest catcalls, unusual at the world body, came when she articulated U.S. policy on AIDS prevention for adolescents: "We emphasize the value of the ABC -- abstinence, be faithful, and correct and consistent condom use where appropriate -- approach in comprehensive strategies to combat the spread of HIV/AIDS and the promotion of abstinence as the healthiest and most responsible choice for adolescents."

It is not our responsibility to be the global 'ethics' nanny. We cant even keep ourselves straight , so what gives us the right to tell others they are wrong?.......

Despite U.S. lobbying, public support for Washington's abortion stance was initially limited to the Vatican delegate; delegates from the European Union, Asia and elsewhere forcefully opposed it.

Emphasis mine.

It would seem to me that the world has effectivly snubbed its nose at the Bush administration by adopting an ammendment that did not create any new international human rights code for abortion.

Now dont get me wrong. I only think abortion is a viability if the mothers life is in danger or if it is a rape case, or if there is sever fetal deformity. I personally do not feel that abortion should be used as birth control. BUT, this is just MY opinion and I am in no way trying to push it on anyone else. It is not right in my view, but that does not mean that it is no acceptable to you. I think this is the mentality that the administration must adopt if they wish to be continued to be thought of as an asset and an ally. I fear that with Bush pushing his views on the world, we are only making more enemys than friends.

Source:
www.newsalerts.com...:top4:9319

[edit on 3/4/05 by Kidfinger]

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I guess the UN is pro-abortion because they don't like the idea of the young fruits of their rapes running around in Africa.

[edit on 3/4/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I guess the UN is pro-abortion because they don't like the idea of the young fruits of their rapes running around in Africa.

Maybe it is non of our business how other countries apply their own moral ethics and standards.................

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Kid,

Abortion shouldnt be an issue here. The issue here is the bullying of this country all over the world. With the morality we have in this country i think its really laughable to preach to others. OMG, where will it all end?

Thankyou for a great post, Kidfinger.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Kid,

Abortion shouldnt be an issue here. The issue here is the bullying of this country all over the world. With the morality we have in this country i think its really laughable to preach to others. OMG, where will it all end?

Thankyou for a great post, Kidfinger.

Thanks dgtemp

You are completly right about abortion not being the issue. The fact that our government wishes to instill the world with its own brand of ethics, much like another ruthless leader with a box cut mustache, is the problem. We have to learn that diversity is universal and acceptance of that fact would go a long way in mending foreign relations.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   

With the morality we have in this country i think its really laughable to preach to others.

Somehow that sounds so...familiar to me....preaching to others, while not practicing what they preach...

Your both right! Bush has this idea that he has the right to tell everyone else, including other countries how to live their lives...

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   
And you're right, Kidfinger,

Nobody wants to touch this one.

bump.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Funny last time I checked there was no country called , "the UN" , there was an orginisation made up of countries called the UN counties such as the USA,UK, RUSSIA, FRANCE, GERMANY etc etc etc.
Also btw these sex charges involved many countries such as Uruguay, Morocco, Tunisia, and Nepal.
And by Pakistani peacekeepers
Also the rapes where commited by peacekeepers from Morocco
[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]

[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Well, I guess that no one can argue the fact that the Bush administration is guilty of pushing its morals on the world, arrogance, and ethical ignorance. What gets me is how when something like this is presented, there is no one around to defend Bush and the cabal, but when it comes to whether or not Russia moved WEAPONS of Mass destruction out of Iraq, which there is NO proof, Bush supporters are standing in line to defend Bushes war startigy.

So his war stratagy is good to defend, but his existential fingering of world ethics is not...............

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I have one comfort in bush's aggressive push for the world to adopt his morality and backwards world views... and that is the world is pushing against it and the more he tries the more the world moves in the opposite direction... He has to be the worst asset your country has to offer

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Special,

Worse and asset dont go together. They cancel each other

Therefore the man is as usefull as a ______ on a bull.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX
..........the world is pushing against it and the more he tries the more the world moves in the opposite direction...

And this is exactly what gives me hope for the future. If we can just last four more years without Bush killing everyone in the name of peace, we might have a chance to redeem ourselves.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Therefore the man is as usefull as a ______ on a bull.

HEHE! My Papa used to say usless as teets on a boar hog
Never heard it with bull. I would say usless as compassion from a Bush supporter.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   

as posted by Kidfinger
Maybe it is non of our business how other countries apply their own moral ethics and standards.................

None of our business? With that logic, if its none of our business, its likewise none of their business on what the US believes based on its own moral and ethical standards?
Oh wait. But its ok if the US draws jeers for their stated opinion on its own believed moral and ethical standards?

Refresher maybe?

However, top U.S. delegate Ellen Sauerbrey drew boos from the audience, which included some of the 6,000 activists who came from around the world, when she commented on Washington's interpretation of the document.

"We have stated clearly and on many occasions ... that we do not recognize abortion as a method of family planning, nor do we support abortion in our reproductive health assistance," Sauerbrey said.

"We" implies the US and its moral and ethical beliefs and standards.

seekerof

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

as posted by Kidfinger

None of our business? With that logic, if its none of our business, its likewise none of their business on what the US believes based on its own moral and ethical standards?

Yep. Its none of any other countries business how we act INSIDE our own country.

Oh wait. But its ok if the US draws jeers for their stated opinion on its own believed moral and ethical standards?

Trying to put some words in my mouth seekerof?

Refresher maybe?

"We" implies the US and its moral and ethical beliefs and standards.

Yes seekerof, you are right, sort of. Except that "We" cant even agree on what our morals and beliefs are. They are different for everyone. "We" also implies we the United States Government, which incidently is who is trying to push their personal opinion on how to behave (otherwise known as morals) on the rest of the world. Which is what this thread is about.

So you agree with the US imposing its ethics on the rest of the world? We are already forcing Democracy on countries that dont want it. Now we are pushing Bushes morals down their throat. The only thing left is for Bush to go ahead and invade the rest of the world because they are not good people and need saving..............

Edit for:

BTW, Im diggin that new avatar

[edit on 3/4/05 by Kidfinger]

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Do my eyes deceive me? Is there really a conservative moderator?

I practice what I preach. When you see me tell my daughter to have an abortion(quick fix) you know hell hath frozen over.

Test me thou disbelievers! You deserve a spanking. I rather enjoy beating truth into your slumbering brains.

Note: This is not a disparaging comment (spanking) on any UK people.
Enjoy yourselves.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reaganwasourgreatest
Do my eyes deceive me? Is there really a conservative moderator?

Seekerof is so far right even the Neocons fear him

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 11:51 PM
link   

I guess the UN is pro-abortion...

Ummm..

No.

They are pro women's rights.

And the rest of your derogatory comment is offensive.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   

as posted by Kidfinger
Trying to put some words in my mouth seekerof?

Assuming? I noticed you made a reference to something your mother once told you. Question: did she ever tell you about assuming on someone?
No, Kidfinger, no words in your mouth. Simply an objective comment.

Yes seekerof, you are right, sort of. Except that "We" cant even agree on what our morals and beliefs are. They are different for everyone.

Dude, I have had a number of Ethics classes in college, k? As such, what you mention is a known factoid that applies to all of us individually, world wide. Now if that is the case, what the hell is the UN got to do with ethical and morality issues of abortion? Now if the UN has the right to make declarations on abortion issues, then how does that fit into what you are implying above?

"We" also implies we the United States Government, which incidently is who is trying to push their personal opinion on how to behave (otherwise known as morals) on the rest of the world. Which is what this thread is about.

No pushing by the US. It was rejected and was contrary to what the rest of the UN body thought. On the issue of the US pushing its agenda or opinion on the rest of the world, please look no further than your beloved UN, k? It is they who are doing the pushing and have been on this issue.
Abortion is the new Holocaust, courtesy of the blessings of the UN.

seekerof

[edit on 4-3-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   

as posted by Kidfinger
Seekerof is so far right even the Neocons fear him

Personally, its past my bedtime, but please, don't let your jaybird mouth outrun your jaybird behind, k?

EDIT Just in case you missed the winking emoticon, it was made in jest, Kidfinger.

seekerof

[edit on 5-3-2005 by Seekerof]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join