It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bushes morals for the world/US Draws Jeers for Abortion Comments at UN

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

as posted by Kidfinger
Trying to put some words in my mouth seekerof?

Asuming? I noticed you made a reference to something your mother once told you. Question: did she ever tell you about assuming on someone?
No, Kidfinger, no words in your mouth. Simply an objective comment.

Huh? First off, I never made mention of my mother anywhere on this thread
Second off, my mother taught me how not to make an ass of myself, only those who attempt to do so to me

Dude, I have had a number of Ethics classes in college, k? As such, what you mention is a known factoid that applies to all of us individually, world wide.

So it is a well known fact that the Bush is pushing his ethics on the rest of the world? That is after all what I DID make mention of.......

Now if that is the case, what the hell is the UN got to do with ethical and morality issues of abortion? Now if the UN has the right to make declarations on abortion issues, then how does that fit into what you are implying above?

The UN adopts policies in which.......Oh jeez seekerof, you know how it works. You're not stupid. You know good and well what the UN's roll is in world diplomacy and international policy.

No pushing by the US. It was rejected and was contrary to what the rest of the UN body thought.

It had to be pushed to be rejected. I NEVER said that the world accepted it, now did I?

On the issue of the US pushing its agenda or opinion on the rest of the world, please look no further than your beloved UN, k? It is they who are doing the pushing and have been on this issue.

Seek, please, you are doing a little assuming there yourself
You are assuming that I embrace the UN and all it stands for. Well, in your assumptions you fail to realize that I DO see the UN for all it stands for and I personally am disgusted by the corruption that I see.

Abortion is the new Holocaust, courtesy of the blessings of the UN.

I dont think the UN has anything to do with it. First off, I wouldnt exactly call it a 'Holocaust'. Second, it is the choice of each soverign nation as to what stance they adopt.

Personally, its past my bedtime, but please, don't let your jaybird mouth outrun your jaybird behind, k?

Excuse me? I give you a compliment and you react like this? Maybe you should go to bed and get some sleep. Your cranky when your tired.............k?

edited to add:
Yep, I missed that winking emot

And through all of that, you never answered the only question I asked you. Do you agree with Bush pushing his morals and ethics on the world?

[edit on 3/5/05 by Kidfinger]

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 12:24 AM
link   
how is anyone being bullied? stating reasons for a policy is bullying? or submitting an idea to the UN is bullying too? with this logic, anything any country does is bullying, i mean comeon stop twisting things to make the US the bad guy just because you dont agree with a policy.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by namehere
how is anyone being bullied? stating reasons for a policy is bullying? or submitting an idea to the UN is bullying too? with this logic, anything any country does is bullying, i mean comeon stop twisting things to make the US the bad guy just because you dont agree with a policy.

Who said 'Bully'?

I said that the Bush administration is pushing its morals on the world. That is exactly what is happenning. And yes, I dont agree with his policies, but so what? Im not twisting anything. Im not embellishing anything. What is the problem?

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 01:28 AM
link   
The Bush administration is bullying their ways and their beleifs all over the world. Who in tarnation do we think we are? I DONT want any government telling me what i should do or not do with my body and i live here, much less other countries.

In order to preach you have to set a good example, it works best that way.

What example are we setting lately?
This current administration would do well to stay close to home and be happy with the 47% willing to listen.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 01:49 AM
link   
The issue here for me is that the US is imposing it's own moral and ethical standards around the world. And also the "policy" taken by the government is one where the country seems to be quite divided.

Pro-Choice is necessary and the best way to go, because they have the RIGHT and FREEDOM to choose and it's nobodies business. Foetus's aren't human yet, nor should they be allocated the rights they would get in the future when they become conscious human beings. Conservative women and families don't have to abort if they don't want to and "Liberal" women and families can have an abortion if they want to and they should be able to do so without interference of others.

You take freedom with the good and bad IMO.

Now as to why the US has to impose on the world? it all has to do with the beginnings of manifest destiny(which believe it or not was a belief held by the democrats), and the US has grown into being the Superpower of the world and the self-crowned "Leader" of the free world. Particularly the conservatives in the US see themselves as gods chosen people to lead the rest of the world in freedom and democracy.

This self proclaimed leadership mentality means that the US does not see itself as an equal but as an entity that is superior and above the rest.

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Seekerof is with the neocons, watch out for him!!!
don't let him take care of your finances, he'll blow your savings and take out a loan to buy guns!
j/k

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by drfunk

This self proclaimed leadership mentality means that the US does not see itself as an equal but as an entity that is superior and above the rest.

The really bad thing about this is their ego has grown so large that I fear there is nothing we can do to shrink it. This idea that we are above the rest of the world is silly. I bleed red blood just like a Jamacan, German, Italian, Hatian, Persain, ect......ect......

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   
It appears to me as if the US is simply stating its position on the matter. If anything, its sounds like the rest of the world is trying to ram its pro-choice agenda down the US's throat than the other way around.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by vor78
It appears to me as if the US is simply stating its position on the matter. If anything, its sounds like the rest of the world is trying to ram its pro-choice agenda down the US's throat than the other way around.

You should reread the article. The Bush administration is attempting to get the UN to basically 'sanction' thier ethics and lobby for them in the rest of the world. The UN hold a lot of power of alot of countries. There are countries that wouldnt survive without the UN. These countries are forced to accept UN policy, or have UN support withdrawn from them. Fortunatly, the UN was not listening to the BUsh administration.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger

You should reread the article. The Bush administration is attempting to get the UN to basically 'sanction' thier ethics and lobby for them in the rest of the world. The UN hold a lot of power of alot of countries. There are countries that wouldnt survive without the UN. These countries are forced to accept UN policy, or have UN support withdrawn from them. Fortunatly, the UN was not listening to the BUsh administration.

And how is this really any different from what any other country is doing? Are they not pushing *their* ethics onto the US by booing their proposals? Is the US not allowed to state their position and propose their own plan to deal with the situation?

I'm not saying that the US is necessarily correct on the subject, but they do have every right to have their voice heard and to have a differing opinion.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   

I'm not saying that the US is necessarily correct on the subject, but they do have every right to have their voice heard and to have a differing opinion.

The US has no right to tell other countries how to act ethically or morally. It is NON of our business how any other country acts. Hell, we cant even get our own lives straightend out here. Who are we to push our values on the world?

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   

The US has no right to tell other countries how to act ethically or morally. It is NON of our business how any other country acts. Hell, we cant even get our own lives straightend out here. Who are we to push our values on the world?

I agree. But what gives them the right to boo our opinions and proposals? There's an old saying about a pot and a kettle that would probably apply here.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   

I love this line of thinking. Just as it is absolutely no other countries business what the U.S. does.

U.S. decides to not go with the Kyoto treaty- Oh well nunya darn business now is it. Keep your opinion to yourself.

U.S. invades Iraq- Get over it, its nunya business.

Don't like something the U.S. does. too freakin bad- cause its nunya business.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skibum

I love this line of thinking. Just as it is absolutely no other countries business what the U.S. does.

This had already been addressed. It IS nobodys business how America acts WITHIN ITS BOARDERS!

U.S. decides to not go with the Kyoto treaty- Oh well nunya darn business now is it. Keep your opinion to yourself.

See above

What kind of logic is this? We invaded ANOTHER COUNTRY! we acted with our morals and ethics in another soverign state. Its is their business.

AS long as it is within our boardes, there is nothing anyone can say to us. It is non of their business as long as were are keeping our ethics within our boarders and allowing the rest of the world to decide how to behave.

BTW, your sarcasm is becoming quite the norm for Bush supproters. Do you think you could try and think for yourself?

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Under most circumstances, that's exactly right. The US, as a sovereign nation, is allowed to have its own policies, even if they do not always mesh with what Europe thinks. That doesn't mean we're always right, just that no one has any more right to impose their beliefs on us than we do on them.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Bush and morals.. don't make me laugh!

That man couldn't spot a "moral" if it jumped up and kicked him between the legs!

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   

BTW, your sarcasm is becoming quite the norm for Bush supproters. Do you think you could try and think for yourself?

Funny you should say that, I'm not a Bush supporter. I just find it odd that if we voice an opinion, it is construed as cramming our values and ethics down someones throat. It is not, it is simply voicing ones opinion. Unless you fall into the category of people that believe an opinion may only be voiced if it does not offend anyone, or that the only valid opinion comes from someone who isn't from the U.S.

Didn't like my previous examples.

Here are some others.

Don't like how much the U.S. donated to Tsunami relief, nunya business.
Think the U.S. doesn't do enough to end world hunger or AIDS. again nunya business.
Don't like the fact that the U.S. executes criminals. You get the point.
The list goes on and on. Everyone else in the world seems to have an opinion on how the U.S. should run its own country, perhaps they should mind their own business.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Funny you should say that, I'm not a Bush supporter.

I apologise for the remark. IT was uncalled for. You just spoke the same words I have heard from so many Bush supporters here that it just became instinct to think that is what you are. Sorry.

I just find it odd that if we voice an opinion, it is construed as cramming our values and ethics down someones throat. It is not, it is simply voicing ones opinion. Unless you fall into the category of people that believe an opinion may only be voiced if it does not offend anyone, or that the only valid opinion comes from someone who isn't from the U.S.

Voicing an opinion is one thing, but the administration is attempting to make the world behave as Bush feels is right. That constitutes as a lot more than just an opinion. Why is it OK for us to tell everyone how they should act when we cant agree on how we should all act in the first place?

Here are some others.

Think the U.S. doesn't do enough to end world hunger or AIDS. again nunya business.
The list goes on and on. Everyone else in the world seems to have an opinion on how the U.S. should run its own country, perhaps they should mind their own business.

Actually this thread is not about that. This thread is about the US attempting to push its ethic agenda on the world through the UN. Please stay on topic.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Funny you should say that, I'm not a Bush supporter.

I apologise for the remark. IT was uncalled for. You just spoke the same words I have heard from so many Bush supporters here that it just became instinct to think that is what you are. Sorry.

I just find it odd that if we voice an opinion, it is construed as cramming our values and ethics down someones throat. It is not, it is simply voicing ones opinion. Unless you fall into the category of people that believe an opinion may only be voiced if it does not offend anyone, or that the only valid opinion comes from someone who isn't from the U.S.

Voicing an opinion is one thing, but the administration is attempting to make the world behave as Bush feels is right. That constitutes as a lot more than just an opinion. Why is it OK for us to tell everyone how they should act when we cant agree on how we should all act in the first place?

Here are some others.

Actually this thread is not about that. This thread is about the US attempting to push its ethic agenda on the world through the UN. Please stay on topic.

How can the US possibly force the rest of the world to accept its moral values through this act in the UN?

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   

How can the US possibly force the rest of the world to accept its moral values through this act in the UN?

I already answered that. See post number 1218417.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join