It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oldskool Rave , Jungle and Drum and Bass.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Evening ATS Colleagues.

A blatant plug I grant you.

There are a shedload of internet Radio Stations but these Guys have been going since 2001.

I've been locking on since the start and its great to See the original Guys still frequenting the site.

Check it out. Its free and rocks .....

Www.breakpirates.com

Enjoy

edit on 31-7-2019 by Cymru because: Crap grammar

edit on 31-7-2019 by Cymru because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

Cool site. I've been looking for something like this. I used to be a drum and bass DJ in Columbus Ohio from 1998 to 2000. Played in a ton of big raves and at all the local bar weeklies.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   

My favourite early 90's Hardcore/breakbeat track ...

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: BadBen

Top man. They did have a Guy in Canada doing a set previously but I have no idea what time it was there

Give it a go and let me know your Handle so I can lock on.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: valiant

Playback not allowed. I'll look it up elsewhere

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   

In return ...

youtu.be...

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Yes I know that one one, hall of the mountain king stabs (alton towers theme if you ain't into classical music)

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I want to say Greig.
Plus the sample of Vasquez from Aliens.
Edit to add Manic Miner

edit on 31-7-2019 by Cymru because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   

YES! the creativity of sample use in Old skool Rave ... nothing beats it!

Do you like Late 90s cheesy Happy Hardcore by any chance?

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I've been moving towards Happy Hardore recently.

Some friends used to put on a good night and when the HH came on I buggered off.

Growing on me now though.

And after a few years hiatus, they're back.

www.fatsoma.com...

Happy days.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I used to be a part of this scene 20 years agoish.
Remember Shy-FX & Aphrodite as 2 of my faves.
I'll have to maybe check this genre out again.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Gravelbone

Lock on Mun

There is only one explanation, you are becoming a Wolf

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   

This is the plums...

youtu.be...

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I saw Ratpack in Es Paradis in Ibiza when I was 17, wasn't exactly a rave (more like the garden of Eden that place) but they blew the #ing roof off, that made me go further back and take the earlier stuff a little more seriously.

Anyways I did this Happy Hardcore mix a few weeks ago, proper mid to late 90s cheese ...leave it here in case you wanna give it a listen

edit on VpmWednesday32pm731 by valiant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Ta Butty, I'll have a listen

More cheese than Caerphilly but nice work.
edit on 31-7-2019 by Cymru because: Has a listen

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   

lmao ...ahh the good old days!

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Still going thanks to Guys like Breakpirates and Dirty Knees

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   

God bless em, everything old is new again!

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Never liked jungle or drum n bass. Not even the big guys like deiselboy. However one of the most memorable drum and bass songs even though I don't think it came out till my last year partying after seven or eight awesome years was...you probably know what I'm gonna say already eh? (See video)

Happy hardcore just made my life back then which is weird for so many reasons and I want to just vomit each time some millennial plays a dudstep song and it's like happy hardcore without the slightest bit of musical geometry, no rhythm and especially no syncopation of the beat which pretty much defined what made it a song in the hardcore realmand is really just a repulsive listening experience...and crazy as it sounds I just don't think anyone came close to as big or awesome a show as anabolic Frolic other than some local DJs cuz of how experimental and one of a kind their # was. Any party music but especially HHC made it so incredibly charming and fun to dance up a frenzy that has you flying higher than anyone who took a pill...i wish I knew how to reach that state of euphoria in such a natural way still. Liked HC too, but mainstream and a few small guys... NAHA, Ron D Core, Omar Santanaa... you got it. I won't let myself reminisce any farther down this road though...it is an area of just debilitating nostalgia...90s partying...

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 09:16 PM
link   
This is what I didn't want to happen...lol...been reminiscing. Funny though I just found a video of someone who looks pretty young hitting all the moves of the exact dance we established for the upper BPM spectrum of music although it was definitely unique depending on if you wee dnb, HC, HHC, etc...but man...this was the style at least back around 1995 or so when I was partying. Don't know how old you guys are but millennials can see what we used to do I wonder if it's the same. Or old people can take a look back. I was in the movie rave nation dancing so hard all just me solo to Simon apex but that thing has totally disappeared it seems but if you remember it I had the big white gloves on dancing hard as hell in the desert.

edit on 8/6/2019 by AlexandrosTheGreat because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join