It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Life TV series has some interesting ideas

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale
a reply to: one4all

I am a WordWizard with much experience working word majic….don't waste our time please.

Yes most readers have figured you are an expert at everything you talk about.

actually nothing to really figure out as you flat out say in just about every thread how good and awesome you are like you have here

Its a surprise that haven't actually told us that you are the all knowing and all powerful yet,

but those that can read can see your expertise in everything and anything talked about here on ATS

You are a legend.

The best is when us mere mortals ask you for advice or questions and how you show off your expertise

post a YouTube video and tell us to work it out and if we cant you wont help because we just too below you.

We cannot connect the dots like you can and you wont guide anyone down your path because...... we only mortal and probably couldn't handle the awesome truths you hold

All praise one4all.

Thank you for blessing us with your presence

now ask yourself exactly WHO DECIDES WHAT WORDS ARE PUT INTO DICTIONARIES?Aside from being a WordWizard and a WordWarrior I am also a WordHunter….welcome to my world.....lol.

Please do enlighten us who decides, give us a glimpse of the world you live in so we may all rejoice in your humble intelligence.

I watched an episode ...went and threw up...then googled up PRAYER and give it a shot hoping that I would never have to see such propoganda ridden crap again.

I think I can give you solution but you most likely already know because you are all knowing

you can not watch TV,

Its a simple solution so you are not forced to have to pray

there is a push being made for us to societally accept cloned and mutant humans who are working with bio-science.....

So your saying me and my Xmen friends will never be accepted by the like of you?

maybe a registration act to identify us mutants and powered individuals?

I say we call them the Sokovia accords.

There are sick vile corrupt races in existence that use cloning and that use bio-sciences....however THERE ARE ALSO RACES OF HUMANITY EXACTLY LIKE WE ARE THAT DO NOT USE THESE THINGS...….we have choices...BUT SOME GLOBAL GOVERNMENTS AND HIDDEN GROUPS HAVE MADE SIDE-DEALS ON BEHALF OF HUMANITY WHICH THEY HAD NO RIGHT MAKING.... they made these deals with what we must consider to be our ENEMIES.

I think the Avengers must be informed to stop this threat for all of humanity

If all else fails maybe try the Justice league.

You are most welcome....nice to see you understand the rules...you do your own legwork....lol...sure you refuse to do it....that's your choice....at least you do not deny you understand the required process.The dots are all you really need because connectivity is what its all about and is what TPTB try to interfere with.

I am kind of impressed by all of the time and effort you put into your post … sounds like you are doing some research after all huh?

edit on 29-7-2019 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

at least the Doctor character they play isnt annoying as hell !
and actually a semi decent character

you only notice a bit of a tache ?

the 5 o'clock shadow was the give away for me

although most of the set lighting prevents this from being noticed
there are a few scenes that arent very flattering to her !

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   

how can we humanise something that isnt alive ?

AI, will never become conscious because , consciousness I believe requires a biological energy field to draw consciousness into it from the one !

A.i. will only ever be incredibly advanced intelligent machines that can learn and adapt
but they will never be conscious like humans, sure they could mimic consciousness !

Only once the divide between man machine has been bridged will machines become conscious , that is once we make synthetic bio-machines , will they become conscious.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I advocate striking many words from common use Global language. Many words you subscribe to give manifestation to ideals and ideocracies to which Humanity can never subscribe lest it drive itself to extinction...and no this is not a Math question with a numerical answer.

I am just joking but here is a short list Ive prepared

Yes I Agree

I have prepared a short list

God
Allah
Jesus
Mohammed
Religion
Divine intervention
Holy
Religious
Sacrosanct
devout
pious
Puritan
Puritanical

these are just a really brief overview of words Id Ban !
as they serve no real purpose other than to confuse us and divide us

edit on 29-7-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

how can we humanise something that isnt alive ?

AI, will never become conscious because , consciousness I believe requires a biological energy field to draw consciousness into it from the one !

A.i. will only ever be incredibly advanced intelligent machines that can learn and adapt
but they will never be conscious like humans, sure they could mimic consciousness !

Only once the divide between man machine has been bridged will machines become conscious , that is once we make synthetic bio-machines , will they become conscious.

HOW CAN WE HUMANISE SOMETHING THAT IS NOT ALIVE?...EASY BY PROPOGATING LIES....THEN EMBEDDING MAJIC WORDS WE CREATE OUT OF THE BLUE TO REPRESENT THESE LIES AS IF THEY WERE TRUTHS ...THAT MANIFEST INTO REALITY.....

WE LIVE IN A SHARED STATUS QUO BASED REALITY....we only need 10% of the people to subscribe to something to make it manifest reality in the lives of everyone.

How can you invent genders...lol...who creates the words...who makes them up and then embeds them into our shared reality?.....no word means no idea which means no problems......the real war is to be found within our language....within our words.

All of the words you would delete I would delete....IMHO the MASSES WOULD DELETE THEM IF THEY COULD.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
Just watched the first episode yesterday and was really looking forward to finding out what the deal was with these aliens. Thanks a lot for the spoilers, guys!

I usually watch a series more than once. The second time I hate myself for being a spoiler.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

Aside from being a WordWizard and a WordWarrior I am also a WordHunter….welcome to my world.....lol.

Well, you certainly seem to be fluent in bollox and gibberish, English? - not so much.

I think some people have no idea that when they are speaking the listener does not have access to the rest of the context going on in their heads.

Some people....straight jacket....apple pie! LOL!

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   

All manifested things have two sides, two aspects, or two poles. Everything "is" and "isn't" at the same time, all truths are but half truths and every truth is half false, there are two sides to everything, opposites are identical in nature yet different in degree, extremes meet, and all paradoxes may be reconciled.

the principle of Polarity - the kybalion

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   

well yeh I kind of agree with the hermetic view of gender in natural phenomenon

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I am a massive fan of Sci fi , and one thing Ive never seen addressed in a sci fi before, maybe I have and forgotten it thinking i thought this myself !

Why do we never look at the very real possibility that humans cant actually survive beyond earths magnetosphere for long periods of time

What if there is something we have yet to discover , like if we spend too long out of earths environment we go crazy
or our bodies degrade because of something Unique to earth that humans need !

What if there are long term psychological or physiological affects on humans being beyond our magnetosphere .
which are dependent on earth. What if there is a signal sent to our consciousness that only happens because of something on earth ?

Or a chemical we rely on which is only made on earth

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I think some people have no idea that when they are speaking the listener does not have access to the rest of the context going on in their heads.

True, but in this case probably just as well.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Strange, mine did not end like this?

originally posted by: MisterSpock
The ship ends up exploding and the whole crew dies.

I thought it was odd, but I guess they only wanted one season out of this.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

The trans doctor being 'pretty fruity' is going a step too far imo...fruity yes, pretty..?

I tend to see AL as a mixture of many Sci-Fi series to date...imo, it's taken a bit from here, and idea from there and mixed up the characters to try and make them seem original, when they are in fact not coming across as realistic.

The comms officer...SO temperamental and highly strung, she would NEVER have even made it to the ground crew, and certainly never have been selected as a crew member on board.

The others seem two dimensional to me too...

The best character is the AI hologram, he's probably the best actor in the whole thing...although i've only seen 4 episodes so far, so things might change as the series goes along.

With the negatives mentioned above, i will say that it's better viewing this than most of the other crap floating around in TV land at the moment, and is pretty much the only space based sci-fi available for now. (Until Discovery returns anyway)
edit on 29 7 2019 by MysterX because: typo

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

My wife and I just started watching last night. (episode 3). Ya, a little too much drama, but whatever.
I told my wife the same thing, "I think the best actor in the series so far is William, the A.I."

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

have you watched the Expanse ?

it is a really good show

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

I watched The Expanse - I'd read the books and usually I find the screen versions of books a bit of a let down but i really enjoyed it.

It's Star Trek Discovery that does my head in. I think it's meant to be set a decade before the original series but the tech is much more advanced and very different so I can't get my head round the timeline. That and the fact i don't like it so much.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

I found that annoying as well with star trek

the complete inconsistency with the technology , as well as the look and feel of it !

everything seems way more advanced and shiny! hahahah

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Yes, it is annoying. Maybe it's supposed to be set in a different Star Trek timeline? Not sure but I just don't get on with it. What's with the magic mushroom drive thing?!!!! Will keep on with AL though.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

I think they added the spore drive , as a way to give the show a bit more science depth , like mixing the whole ideas of connected ness of the whole universe but at the same time not explaining fully the science behind how something like that would work .

Maybe its an alternate timeline star trek ?

I dunno ! , we have to think artistic license as well

I find a lot of the characters completely unsuitable for space , they are all highly emotional , cant control themselves under pressure , all very young and foolish , wonders how they made it out of the academy and they are supposed to be the best !

they are smart , but completely lack any common sense

its star trek for millenials really!

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 05:20 AM
link   

its star trek for millenials really!

That's it! I thought TNG was a bit PC but this is even more so. They even have a fat ginger!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join