It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Life TV series has some interesting ideas

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I just finish watching episode 7 of Another Life science fiction series on Netflix. I have a few more to go to finish the season. Someone previous posted a thread on this series complaining about it was a series trying to promote PC ideals. They have a transgender doctor who is really pretty fruity. And in episode 7 they another character woken up from cryogenic sleep who was talking about his husband. I get it. Hollywood is a propaganda outlet for the total corruption of our traditional American values bla bla bla.

But if just ignore the gay stuff, the series is kind of interesting. The title "Another Life" I thought was at first about the crew's lives. But another life means the extraterrestrial as another life. I think what interesting is our prejudice on what we think extraterrestrial life might look like and how it might behave.

What I really like about the series is how it portrays the level of intelligence of the extraterrestrials. Normally, you would think the extraterrestrials would out match us with military technology. But in the Another Life episode 7 it showed how the extraterrestrial ultra advance technologies could infiltrate our minds! I think the way the extraterrestrials take over human minds is very interesting. What is interesting is from the extraterrestrials perspective, using their ultra advanced mind penetrating technologies, human beings are hacked and the extraterrestrials see right through all our surface motives and get a glimpse of how we might react when we visit the extraterrestrial planet. And of course, because human nature is so corrupt, selfish, and evil, it's not pretty.

I would not trust the human race for first contact. We would probably blow up our own planet with everyone on it in order to preserve our shallow and delicate egos. The Another Life series is a little like the movie Mars Attacks in that the egg-heads are always claiming the extraterrestrials are benign and the military generals see everything as an nail to be hammered.

I have only a few episodes left. The series definitely has recycled lots of stuff from many other sci-fi series and movies. It will be interesting to see if there is anything profound new and original in the next three episodes. Again, you have to get by the get characters. I just ignore the gay stuff.

edit on 28-7-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   
The ship ends up exploding and the whole crew dies.

I thought it was odd, but I guess they only wanted one season out of this.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

LOL! Dude! Thanks for the spoiler. Typical human nature. Just ruining life for other humans. I forgive you. I'm still going to watch it anyway.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I watched an episode ...went and threw up...then googled up PRAYER and give it a shot hoping that I would never have to see such propoganda ridden crap again.

The effort to erase gender identification is one mental step closer to accepting A.I.....there is a massive game afoot....there is a push being made for us to societally accept cloned and mutant humans who are working with bio-science.....we should NEVER ACCEPT ADVANCE NOR SUPPORT ANYTHING GENDER NEUTRAL OR GENDER CORRUPTED.Help to correct yes.

There are sick vile corrupt races in existence that use cloning and that use bio-sciences....however THERE ARE ALSO RACES OF HUMANITY EXACTLY LIKE WE ARE THAT DO NOT USE THESE THINGS...….we have choices...BUT SOME GLOBAL GOVERNMENTS AND HIDDEN GROUPS HAVE MADE SIDE-DEALS ON BEHALF OF HUMANITY WHICH THEY HAD NO RIGHT MAKING.... they made these deals with what we must consider to be our ENEMIES.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

So what you are saying the transgender doctor prevented you from watching episode 2?

Please give me one example or explanation from a scene where you felt you being forced to "accept" something. How was it forcing you? I want to know because I did not feel forced. I want to make sure there's not something here I am missing.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   
This serie did not get me hooked.. To much people drama with personal problems. Was hoping for more sci fi geeky stuff.. Guess I will rewach some star trek to wash me off.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

So what you are saying the transgender doctor prevented you from watching episode 2?

Please give me one example or explanation from a scene where you felt you being forced to "accept" something. How was it forcing you? I want to know because I did not feel forced. I want to make sure there's not something here I am missing.

Once we humanise A.I we go extinct.

Your "feelings" and my "feelings" have zero to do with the dynamic....I had an instinctual visceral reaction....how "you felt" or how "I did not feel" is a waste of words.....I am a WordWizard with much experience working word majic….don't waste our time please.

I advocate striking many words from common use Global language. Many words you subscribe to give manifestation to ideals and ideocracies to which Humanity can never subscribe lest it drive itself to extinction...and no this is not a Math question with a numerical answer.

I discovered a way to send the Rainbow home when it overstays its visit after a storm.....webstersdictionary1828.com... the word transgender.....then enter all the colors of the Rainbow....see what you find......now ask yourself exactly WHO DECIDES WHAT WORDS ARE PUT INTO DICTIONARIES?Aside from being a WordWizard and a WordWarrior I am also a WordHunter….welcome to my world.....lol.

Humanity must never allow humanization of A.I …. natural sciences preclude the use of much of the A.I that we now have that now exists...we could 86 a massive volume of it if we simply shut down the BS sciences we now allow our kids to be brainwashed by....A.I is INTENTIONAL it is an ATTACK ON HUMANITY.....it is developed by a species being forced over the path of most resistance on purpose.

edit on 28-7-2019 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 09:26 PM
link   
We are, by our own definition...scientifically that is, 99%, Chimpanzee, just two percent more in DNA then, implies a further difference that is as exponential as our perceived difference to Chimpanzees.

So?
What is the definition of a higher intelligence vis-à-vis alien.

edit on 28-7-2019 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Starting episode 7 today.
Didn´t even realize the doctor was transgender, i did notice she had a glimpse of mustache but there are real women too who have those, so i thought she had a bit more than those and felt a bit sad for her.. but went on the series regardless what i saw.

Serie is getting more and more exciting by every episode..

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

We also share 50% of DNA with a banana.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Just watched the first episode yesterday and was really looking forward to finding out what the deal was with these aliens. Thanks a lot for the spoilers, guys!

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
Just watched the first episode yesterday and was really looking forward to finding out what the deal was with these aliens. Thanks a lot for the spoilers, guys!

Even title hints possible spoilers but you just couldn´t help yourself "not to peek in "...

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Yes, but to give away the ending!.....

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 05:35 AM
link   

I am a WordWizard with much experience working word majic….don't waste our time please.

Yes most readers have figured you are an expert at everything you talk about.

actually nothing to really figure out as you flat out say in just about every thread how good and awesome you are like you have here

Its a surprise that haven't actually told us that you are the all knowing and all powerful yet,

but those that can read can see your expertise in everything and anything talked about here on ATS

You are a legend.

The best is when us mere mortals ask you for advice or questions and how you show off your expertise

post a YouTube video and tell us to work it out and if we cant you wont help because we just too below you.

We cannot connect the dots like you can and you wont guide anyone down your path because...... we only mortal and probably couldn't handle the awesome truths you hold

All praise one4all.

Thank you for blessing us with your presence

now ask yourself exactly WHO DECIDES WHAT WORDS ARE PUT INTO DICTIONARIES?Aside from being a WordWizard and a WordWarrior I am also a WordHunter….welcome to my world.....lol.

Please do enlighten us who decides, give us a glimpse of the world you live in so we may all rejoice in your humble intelligence.

I watched an episode ...went and threw up...then googled up PRAYER and give it a shot hoping that I would never have to see such propoganda ridden crap again.

I think I can give you solution but you most likely already know because you are all knowing

you can not watch TV,

Its a simple solution so you are not forced to have to pray

there is a push being made for us to societally accept cloned and mutant humans who are working with bio-science.....

So your saying me and my Xmen friends will never be accepted by the like of you?

maybe a registration act to identify us mutants and powered individuals?

I say we call them the Sokovia accords.

There are sick vile corrupt races in existence that use cloning and that use bio-sciences....however THERE ARE ALSO RACES OF HUMANITY EXACTLY LIKE WE ARE THAT DO NOT USE THESE THINGS...….we have choices...BUT SOME GLOBAL GOVERNMENTS AND HIDDEN GROUPS HAVE MADE SIDE-DEALS ON BEHALF OF HUMANITY WHICH THEY HAD NO RIGHT MAKING.... they made these deals with what we must consider to be our ENEMIES.

I think the Avengers must be informed to stop this threat for all of humanity

If all else fails maybe try the Justice league.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Aside from being a WordWizard and a WordWarrior I am also a WordHunter….welcome to my world.....lol.

Well, you certainly seem to be fluent in bollox and gibberish, English? - not so much.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Someone previous posted a thread on this series complaining about it was a series trying to promote PC ideals.

and guess what?

It was posted in the correct forum as well.

Not sure why you couldn't simply add to that thread its only 2 days old and in the correct forum when discussing TV shows and what they are about.

I think what interesting is our prejudice on what we think extraterrestrial life might look like and how it might behave.

these preconceived ideas about aliens might look and be like cover just about every every spectrum.

There is so much out there about good and bad aliens, neutral aliens, watchers and observers, care takers and controllers and many depictions of creatures that look similar to us to creatures that are insectoids or reptilians even amphibious looking in nature to things look monster like John Carpenters, The Thing.

Light beings, shadow beings the list is endless.

I think its interesting that we have imagined aliens to be everything and anything a human mind can conceive, and that is covering what they visually might look like to what they be like in a psychological manner, intelligent, benevolent or not.

What I really like about the series is how it portrays the level of intelligence of the extraterrestrials. Normally, you would think the extraterrestrials would out match us with military technology. But in the Another Life episode 7 it showed how the extraterrestrial ultra advance technologies could infiltrate our minds! I think the way the extraterrestrials take over human minds is very interesting.

This has been done in numerous TV shows and movies about aliens as well.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 07:32 AM
link   

i've been watching it and I think its great

some meh acting but otherwise the story is decent .

As for the transgender doctor , I am not sure how far in the future it is , but
if we are able to put people into suspended animation with somatic tubes , and travel at FTL
then why cant we completely alter the DNA of a person ?

In any case , I highly doubt there will be many trans people in space from the beginning of our outward expansion due to their medical requirements.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

have you ever read "aliens and why they are here" by Bryan Appleyard

its a great book about the subject of Aliens

fact or fiction , in any case we have invented an entire universe of them

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Odd... I started watching this yesterday and got to episode 6 before turning it off to do some things around the house. You make a thread about episode 7, lol. Oh well. I didn't care about the PC stuff but it's Netflix so I knew what I was getting before I started watching. This is the company that pushes a PC culture but wants a No Smoking clause for all the movies they produce (which would totally kill the 80's vibe of Stranger Things). I also think the main character's husband plays the dad role poorly, as in, he does a bad acting job. Going into the deeper reaches of space, especially other planets that orbit another star, has always been my fantasy so if a show comes out about it and the first couple of episodes can hook my interest then I'll put the PC aside for it. It's easier to ignore these days anyways because most people are tired of it and know it only stems from Hollywood and huge cities. Everyone else is still normal.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Good question... I chuckled when they mentioned the coasts being underwater so it had to be at least 15 years from now in a future where the Green New Deal wasn't passed. I just chuckled again.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join