It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans have zero purpose.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   
We have a spiritual purpose for being here. We are here to learn from and experience this physical world.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
We have a spiritual purpose for being here. We are here to learn from and experience this physical world.

A rare thing, but on this one, I kind of agree with you Metallicus

A Spiritual teacher once told me when I asked him what are we here for

He said, to know God.

Now of course to do that is not very easy

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Prene

Aren't you a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day.

Purpose is one defined by self. Some may not have a purpose. While others certainly do.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Complex social structures and the development of imagination.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   
How else would the Earth get plastic?

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

What makes you believe that those are anything more than made-up ideas?

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Kinda like I figured, just a bs drop off post with no Answers to any of the great replies. In this persons small world I would agree life has nothing to offer.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   

No , I Disagree . I Personally have a Special Purpose , it's Right between Me Legs ...........

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Prene
The rest of the animals accept this. Why did man have to create a culture of lies to persuade himself that he had a bigger purpose than any other foul stinking # smeared creature on this floating # spec called earth?

Seems, nay is, a false premise to me??

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Experience(s)...

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I've always hated this... we humans think so ignorantly about life. So arrogant. A potato can power a light bulb. That's life. Just because you can't understand it doesn't make it any less so. How do you know that a potato doesn't mind being ripped from the ground? Chopped up and cooked. When a branch breaks on a tree. It sends a signal down into the roots. Isn't that not pain? Just because a plant can't speak doesn't me it life is any less significant. Animals and plants are more alive then we are. Plants don't complain or refuse to to grow just because they don't want to. They do because they do. I don't see a plant trying to be something it's not. A tree trying to be a deer. Or a deer trying to be a wolf. They are who they are and accept it.

We humans are a virus. A fungus. A virus will pretend to be good so that the immune system doesn't kill it. A fungus will latch itself to any life form and slowly kill it. We humans will go to a place. Claim we have a right and kill it. We pretend be something we are not. And envy those with what we think is more then we are.

Our purpose in life is the same for anything else on this planet. Live, eat, breed and die. All for a much stronger next generation. Anything in between those is complete no sense and drivel. Meaning.... how arrogant to assume we are above anything that we believe is lower then us.

As for the op. Put Facebook down and you'll start to feel better. Stop thinking that you have to be bigger then something. The selfishness of that very reason boggles my mind.

I live comfortably knowing that my existence is my mere chance. I see all around me as equal. Though I will eat the weak animals and smash flies that bug and annoy because I'm stronger then they are. Wrong place wrong time.

Just live how you live and except that like everything else. What comes next is better then you.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Prene
The rest of the animals accept this. Why did man have to create a culture of lies to persuade himself that he had a bigger purpose than any other foul stinking # smeared creature on this floating # spec called earth?

The thing is not only is everything absolutely meaningless but it's also meaningless that everything is absolutely meaningless. Since it is also meaningless that it is meaningless, the ultimate nihilist CHOOSES to believe it IS meaningful just to piss off the other nihilist. Because ultimately, what difference does it make if you choose to believe??????

Don't worry. It will all be over soon enough:

edit on 24-7-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

No , I Disagree . I Personally have a Special Purpose , it's Right between Me Legs ...........

Birth, copulation, death.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Agreed: everything, from out of nothingness, and for no reason, but it doesn't matter anyways!

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: Metallicus

A rare thing, but on this one, I kind of agree with you Metallicus

A Spiritual teacher once told me when I asked him what are we here for

He said, to know God.

Now of course to do that is not very easy

Sometimes I think we are here not to learn anything at all but just be entertainment for the Almighty. Maybe human beings are the way our omnipotent God gets to experience the thrill of having limitations by vicariously sharing in our experiences of joys and frustrations.

There's a really strange thing about reality. My experience has been reality always turns out to be much stranger than anything I could have ever imagined. Contrary to popular scientific philosophy claiming everything in nature is mundane and simple executing the laws of physics, it seems to me, there's another facet to reality creating unimaginable possibilities. Reality seems to exist for the purpose of bringing into existence unimaginable possibilities. I think human beings are huge part of this strangeness.

Take NFL football plays. I've watched football my whole life. And yet every season something will happen where I say, "wow, I've never seen that before!" I think maybe our purpose in reality is to entertain our omnipotent God with greatness and expressions of joy and happiness. What makes us feel good makes God feel good.

We have have to shine on like crazy diamonds:

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

Agreed: everything, from out of nothingness, and for no reason, but it doesn't matter anyways!

Well, in order to understand anything in language there has to be a "unity of opposite". To the mystic who is experiencing oneness with all reality, there is no dichotomy created by language, hence, zero equals infinity. You say it means nothing. To the mystic, it means everything or the greatest possible meaningful thing possible.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

That's the funniest thing I've seen in a minute or two.
The 1st time I saw Steve martin in Roxanne whip those guy's for laughing at his long nose I laughed so hard my stomach hurt for days.
I think I just happened to walk in on the movie playing right before they came up laughing at his nose. Him fighting those guys with that extra long nose was almost too much to handle.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Our purpose is to share in each other people's joy in living:

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Humans are nothingness generators, having the this consciousness harvested from us as Infinite Mind is incapable of occupying absolute non-existence. We are the created solution. To be in possession of nothingness from an infinite number of generators (us), over all time, throughout the infinite Universe results in the generation of the non-dimension dimension of absolute non-existence. With this, omnipresence is now capable. God can now be true to the definition of omnipresent as now God exists within absolute non-existence by being in possession of it.

We are tools, all are used.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Speaking of heroes, this is where the meaning of life comes from:

It's ALL the same story! But my God it's such a great story!!!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join