It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans have zero purpose.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: tkwasny

Nothingness doesn't exist. There is no evidence nothingness ever existed. So somethingness has ALWAYS existed!!!

Our Big Bang was the result of a star collapsing to a black hole in a previously existing space-time dimension.

What are white holes

edit on 24-7-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Trucker1

This is my favorite Steve Martin scene:

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Prene
The rest of the animals accept this. Why did man have to create a culture of lies to persuade himself that he had a bigger purpose than any other foul stinking # smeared creature on this floating # spec called earth?

Humans have created a purpose for so many things. Humans give purpose to so many things. I'm sorry you feel insignificant today, just hang in there, maybe tomorrow will be your day

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: onthedownlow

originally posted by: Prene
The rest of the animals accept this. Why did man have to create a culture of lies to persuade himself that he had a bigger purpose than any other foul stinking # smeared creature on this floating # spec called earth?

Humans have created a purpose for so many things. Humans give purpose to so many things. I'm sorry you feel insignificant today, just hang in there, maybe tomorrow will be your day

I can't even count how many times I've been depressed.

Sometimes all that matters is life's little joys.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: tkwasny

Nothingness doesn't exist. There is no evidence nothingness ever existed. So somethingness has ALWAYS existed!!!

Our Big Bang was the result of a star collapsing to a black hole in a previously existing space-time dimension...

We conjure-up 'somethingness', we create it out-of nothingness.
Then we analyze that dream of 'somethingness', and some end-up believing it, others no.

edit on 24-7-2019 by Nothin because: sp

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 08:58 PM
link   
They should of wrote "God gave man free will, but no idea how to use it."

Or "ye be gods of something, not sure what, but hey, your the smart one that bit from the fruit, so what now?"
asked the Serpent.

What about Islamic Angel's..." We are Borg, become assimalited into the fabric of our being." Since they have none.

edit on 24-7-2019 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

" Birth, copulation, death."

Yes . Your Born , Life kinda Sucks , you get Lucky , then you Die . C'est La Vie ..

I'll see you on the Other Side Ozzy .....)

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 09:42 PM
link   
No offence intended to you or your thread, but what I get from this is basically another version of "What is the meaning of life?"

Purpose or meaning is relative to your ability to understand it. A single cell organism has one purpose: procreate. To do this is must consume, procreate, and then it dies to be consumed by the next generation. It has no mind, so there is no capacity to understand a purpose and act with intent. Consider a cancer cell. It shares the same purpose - to consume, procreate, and die. But in doing so it kills its host, thereby preventing the cycle from continuing.

Creatures more evolved, creatures of higher learning, creatures that are smart enough to wonder of such things, generally need to feel part of something bigger. The more evolved a creature becomes the more likely it is to believe it has some purpose other than simply existing. Call it arrogance, self importance, or just plain stubbornness.

The more one becomes aware of the Grand Design the greater the role they imagine themselves playing.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Prene

The purpose of life, is my fkin beer.

edit on 24-7-2019 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 09:57 PM
link   
There is no purpose to life! The pipeline of purposeless nature and life just goes on endlessly and pointlessly until that pipeline is extinguished by something else that is equally purposeless and pointless but inevitable!

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Prene
No animal "accepted" anything.
Your personal purpose is what you make of it.
Humanity's purpose as a whole is a concept you're far from having ANY proper conclusion on without a serious amount of information. Information derived from esoteric research and deep analysis of the movement of the culture's clandestine collectives.
Imo, humanity is here to experience the mundane,the profane, the LIMITED, rife with suffering...
Then, through diligent pruden e, blossom into an unlimited God-like species.
Why do I think that?
Would take too long to explain.
You should seriously take a deep breath, sit back, and research the mystery schools and esoteric societies...
Ie: Rosicrutianism, Martinism, Kaballah.
You're missing out if you don't, and into, you really won't be able to answer the quandary it seems you're struggling with, coming to such a sad and hopeless conclusion...

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: prevenge

Just because one believes in stuff, doesn't make it true.
It's all just figments of a fertile imagination, 'stuff' from out-of nothingness.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Surely the purpose of life - all life - is to pass on your genes into the next generation. All life's purpose is to be born, mature, procreate and die.

As humanity has developed a big brain, there is much that can be done in between the eating, sleeping and procreating. However, that's just padding that leads us to the grave and passing on our genetic material to the next generation.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Then there is an emergent anthropic principle that would be invoked by any creature that became as capable as human beings. It would do all of this stuff, because it could.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
... All life's purpose is to be born, mature, procreate and die...

What happens to that idea, when the word 'purpose' is remouved?

Is there not still birthing; maturing; procreating; and dying?

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 06:49 AM
link   
So silly. Even rocks have purpose. How much more purpose would the self-aware, encephalized, emotional, rational, bipedal organic supercomputers that we call humans have? You've succumbed to the atheist/nihilist propaganda. Evolution is a lie. We are children of God. Our bodies are the ideal vessel for a creator to inhabit.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I've been saying this (literally) since age 5. The only purpose humans seem to have is to try to prove we have one.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   
See that's what you're missing.
You haven't even LOOKED.
because your heart is so hard in rejecting the possibility of wisdom within these areas.
And because of that, you deprive yourself.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: prevenge
See that's what you're missing.
You haven't even LOOKED.
because your heart is so hard in rejecting the possibility of wisdom within these areas.
And because of that, you deprive yourself.

OK. I'll bite. Flatulence. This is the purpose of human beings. We are the only species that is capable of comprehending the humor of the almighty fart. And I would imagine that the moment of death is heralded by the most almightiest fart that a human body is capable of producing.

Can? You? Imagine? the smell of a deathbed fart?

The purpose of humans is to fart and laugh and tell fart jokes and laugh some more and then die and fart and make everyone laugh and cry at the same time.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   
If you’re looking for the meaning of life I’d suggest 2 places. Buddha at the gas pump on YouTube is pretty damn great. Also the book “journey of souls”.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join