It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caring about Us

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Another stupid question...How can so many people talk about the government on here and avoid punishment? I know that the government has "spies" and video cameras that watch and monitor everything. Does this mean that the government doesnt care what we say so that in the long run we will never get anywhere? Do they only care when we "get too close?" How can anyone ever do what they want without the government knowing?

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   
THat is a good question. Something you should consider though. ATS isnt just about America. There are many different nationalities on this board. An honest to goodness melting pot.

Free speach still carries us a little, though there are things we shouldnt say, like discussion about offing a high ranking official. But for the most part, you should worry about being offensive to your fellow boardmates rather than upsetting the government. If the gove really wanted you, they wouldnt need this board to do it. The Patriot Act has seen to that.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Its a fine line we walk here, i agree. For centuries we have been able to talk and mock whomever we want. Along comes George and now everyone is tiptoeing, why is that? Is this man the exception? Is this man so God-like that to insinuate anything derrogatory is to be punished?
Or is this the sign of something far more evil and yet to be realized?

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Dgtempe is right.
We used to think nothing of voiceing most of our opinions whatever
they were.
It's different now. Everyone's more on guard than they used to be.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Its a fine line we walk here, i agree. For centuries we have been able to talk and mock whomever we want. Along comes George and now everyone is tiptoeing, why is that? Is this man the exception? Is this man so God-like that to insinuate anything derrogatory is to be punished?
Or is this the sign of something far more evil and yet to be realized?

Yep
did you notice I said High ranking government official instead of the President? Scary times when you cant speak a certain group of words.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I know that this is a great place to express yourself but I am not sure how "the governemnt" in any place of the world can keep people down. I know many may not believe in God but something made us and they didnt say "you now have a government, and if you dont follow, you will be taken away." Why would people want this? Why cant people in countries stand up agianst such things? How can people do such things?

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Careful what you suggest or you might end up snuffed out like the late Hunter S. Thompson.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   
What do you mean?

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Maybe we should all type in piglatin?
Or would the government pick that up as some kind
of code and immediately close down this site?

As far as the government not doing anything about us talking
about them and not punishing anyone...well there are an awful
lot of people in this country and I think they would probably only
pick on the ones whom they would consider to be the most likely
to be a threat. By checking someone's background maybe.

Besides I believe action has already been taken towards some of
us. HE's been reelected and that's punishment
enough.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by syntaxer
Careful what you suggest or you might end up snuffed out like the late Hunter S. Thompson.

Hunter, the anti-Bush now defunct guy. The fun hasnt even started yet. All fingers point to the big war this summer.
Of course, that will make lots of people here and at large very happy. I wonder...its depressing..that so many would fall for the lies and wish for war...Were they neglected as babies? dropped maybe? Are they evil? Are they aliens who want nothing better than our destruction? I asked Seekerof why he wanted wars, the best he could provide was"I'm a warhawk" Is that an answer? I want to know "why"

I didnt mean to hijack this thread or to
take the opportunity to Bush bash, I can do that all day long using other means

I was just thinking outloud*

[edit on 4-3-2005 by dgtempe]

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I agree that "he" isnt the president that should be in office, but you would think that out of all the citizens in the united states, atleast one of them would stand up and say that they could do better than him. Im not for Kerry either b/c to me, he seemed like a moron. I think that there are many morons in the united states but come on, there has to be atleast one intelligent person who would stand up. Isnt there? I just hope the next president isnt the same way. America needs help and our founding fathers would probably hate it here now.

[edit on 4-3-2005 by NightOwl02]

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Originally posted by syntaxer

Hunter, the anti-Bush now defunct guy. The fun hasnt even started yet. All fingers point to the big war this summer.
Of course, that will make lots of people here and at large very happy. I wonder...its depressing..that so many would fall for the lies and wish for war...Were they neglected as babies? dropped maybe? Are they evil? Are they aliens who want nothing better than our destruction? I asked Seekerof why he wanted wars, the best he could provide was"I'm a warhawk" Is that an answer? I want to know "why"

I didnt mean to hijack this thread or to
take the opportunity to Bush bash, I can do that all day long using other means

I was just thinking outloud*

[edit on 4-3-2005 by dgtempe]

I hear ya on that one!.. I can foresee the declaration of war on Iran/Syria after our 'elite' sip wine and dance half naked to Moleck ceremonies this summer at bohemian grove. So expect the warhawk fun to begin sometime after July.

That being said. I'm sure you'll find a very low, next to nothing percentage of pro-war citizens who denounce fire arms, or have never killed something with a weapon in general. I believe it's all about the food chain to these people, only the strong shall survive.

Lions, tigers and bears.. oh my?

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
"I think that there are many morons in the united states but come on, there has to be atleast one intelligent person who would stand up. Isnt there? I just hope the next president isnt the same way. America needs help and our founding fathers would probably hate it here now.:

No morons. The US is filled with some very intelligent and well educated people..this however, doesnt stop them from worshipping their party, even if its wicked, evil and warmongering blubbering idiots like "W" running it. They have a mission and that is to have a Republican president at all costs, even if said president takes away all their liberties and brings on the Apocalypse. So, the citizens of the USA are not in love with George Bush, they simply do not want a tree hugging democrat.
The price? Wars, wars and more wars.
All this for the love of a party. Beats me.....

top topics

join