It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wild horse kicks swimsuit-clad tourist in the groin at Maryland beach

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I just don't like to see anyone laughing at someone who has taken a quite nasty injury through misadventure . It's a sad thing that you'd neglect his safety from a horse kick, of all things , something he could have died from . Even if some people are ignorant - I get that - you're not . It's a form of reckless endangerment of that man not to warn him , and if you'd stand back and watch on purpose for your pleasure as motivation , then it's obviously a self declared shame on you - don't be an xyz is my advice to you sir , take it or leave it

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: FieldMarshalMatt

It's a form of reckless endangerment of that man not to warn him , and if you'd stand back and watch on purpose for your pleasure as motivation , then it's obviously a self declared shame on you - don't be an xyz is my advice to you sir , take it or leave it

On the road into Assateague, there are a multitude of signs reminding visitors not to interact with the wild horses on the island.
He was warned ahead of time.

I forgot to mention, there is a $100.00 fine for "feeding, touching or attracting" the horses.
edit on b000000312019-07-22T14:10:58-05:0002America/ChicagoMon, 22 Jul 2019 14:10:58 -0500200000019 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   

While the nearly 300 horses on the island have become a popular sight among visitors, the local authorities advise beachgoers not to pet or touch the horses.

It's not like he wasn't warned.

This is like all the people who go to Yellowstone and play with the buffalo and elk to get their up close pictures. They get warned too.

Play stupid games ... win stupid prizes.

And he was warned by the horse for a good long time too. It was warning him repeatedly with its body language to back off before it kicked. Not only that, horses kick what they want. It could have nailed him in the head had it wanted to.
edit on 22-7-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Exactly . That's why the signs are there to warn him and he needed warning again , not being left to take a serious injury because it's amusing that he hasn't clocked why

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   

He's an adult. Some people have to learn the hard way, and you can only hope they don't die in the process.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I would like to see him ignore this sign and see what zaniness might ensue.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

He's an OAP he could have dementia or partial blindness - you don't know what . He's some kids' grandfather probably , where's any sense in letting him take it ? Where's any compassion left in that ? So people are often thick - it doesn't mean that because you're not then you get to stand back and laugh at them getting injured . And that's despite his potential infirmities .

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Really? And if that person is so compromised that he can't be relied upon to act responsibly and take heed to warnings, where was the actual responsible adult?

It's not me or any other total stranger.

And let's say some total stranger did come up and say, "Sir, don't eff with the wild horses." Just before this was filmed. How many times does that have to happen to satisfy you? Should the people have tackled his worthless butt? And when he sues them, what then?

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Don't make this about what it's not about . There's no excuse to just stand back and watch and laugh at him being injured .
If you're going to call in being a total stranger and deny any responsibility for him because you can then whatever you'd just be a useless member of society .

But the other user was verging into this territory :

Reckless endangerment: A person commits the crime of reckless endangerment if the person recklessly engages in conduct which creates substantial jeopardy of severe corporeal trauma to another person. “Reckless” conduct is conduct that exhibits a culpable disregard of foreseeable consequences to others from the act or omission involved. The accused need not intentionally cause resulting harm. The ultimate question is whether, under all of the circumstances, the accused’s demeanor was of that heedless nature that made it actually or imminently dangerous to the rights or safety of others.

Just saying to another , "Let's watch this dumbmass get kicked by that horse " , that's the kind of heedless demeanor the user clearly demonstrated he would have , while the old man's safety was imminent danger .

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: FieldMarshalMatt
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I just don't like to see anyone laughing at someone who has taken a quite nasty injury through misadventure . It's a sad thing that you'd neglect his safety from a horse kick, of all things , something he could have died from . Even if some people are ignorant - I get that - you're not . It's a form of reckless endangerment of that man not to warn him , and if you'd stand back and watch on purpose for your pleasure as motivation , then it's obviously a self declared shame on you - don't be an xyz is my advice to you sir , take it or leave it

"On this island visitors are WARNED not to touch the horses"

Enough said, this guy deserved what he got.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Excellent advice - Let's not make this about what it's not about.

You're the one throwing out hypotheticals about how this guy was old so he had Alzheimer's or maybe he was cognitively impaired or ...

We see what we see. An older man by himself is just that - an older man by himself. There is no reason to think that he's anything other than a perfectly cognizant older man doing a stupid thing he's been amply warned not to do.
edit on 22-7-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Now, if you want to get your panties in a wad over negligence toward the disabled, chew out the person taking this video.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   

It's easy to see that it's just some silly amusing mischief they're all up to in that clip . My knickers ain't twisted by it . Any more of this might make shooter feel worse and I don't want to wind him up more than a sharp rebuke . He said fair enough so let's leave it at that . If I was at the beach I think I'd rather enjoy it than have to dish out first aid to an old man's nuts - enough said . Nice to meet you , anyhow .

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Good for the horse. And truthfully if you've been around horses much you know that That was more of a tap than a Kick!

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Ya'know what?

I'm sick of irresponsible people, who do irresponsible things, and then expect people to be sympathetic to them.

Period!

Call me an Asshole, or whatever you will, but...

Do stupid stuff...win stupid prizes!

That is all.

ETA - If that damn pony wanted to kill Mr. Jackass, he'd have put a hoof straight into his forehead! That horse was just telling him to "step off" and if he wanted more where that came from, he had it!!

edit on 7/22/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 01:22 AM
link   
nvm

edit on 23-7-2019 by FieldMarshalMatt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Guy was an idiot. Did it all wrong, and shouldn't have been doing it in the first place.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   

And this just today. Exactly what I was talking about earlier!!!

Buffalo Charges and Tosses Girl

edit on 7/24/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join