It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noisy Foods! Noisiest food ever ???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Sometimes eating corn can be noisy, and sometimes people smacking on bubble gum can be noisy (though it drives me crazy). Sometimes eating granola can be so noisy I can't hear the TV. Sometimes a person crunching on a chip can be noisy (the bags especially so, but this isn't about bags).

So today I was enjoying a piece of delicious fruit when my wife says..."My gosh, that must be the noisiest piece of fruit ever!!"

Now, I'd never considered this before, a "noisy" food. What a concept. And then I started thinking about it (a dangerous thing for yours truly).

You see, I was eating one of the nectarines I'd picked up from the farmers market. They are exceptionally delicious this year! Almost like candy! Oh sure, you can TRY to eat a ripe nectarine quietly, but after you get a couple bites in it's "SLUURRRPPP" City for the rest of it! That, or all that delicious nectar is streaming down your arm! **Bite...slurrp, slurrrrp...bite, slurp, smack..SLUURRP!**

I also realized something else; eating a ripe nectarine takes one's total attention and commitment. You can't casually eat a nectarine, you have to dedicate yourself to eating it. There's no half-steppin' with nectarines! You're either 'all-in' or it's 'go home' time. Take your eyes off the fruit for even a second and you're wearing some of it on your shirt, or pants. I've now realized there's an actual strategy to eating a nectarine...over the sink! Like I said, you gotta' go BIG or go home with this fruit, and it takes dedication.

But, MAN ARE THOSE THINGS GOOD!! WOW!!

Nectarines are by far the noisiest food ever!

That is all.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Ghost pepppers , corn nuts and Chicharones.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

LOL!! Yeah, I guess Ghost Peppers really would rank way up there, wouldn't they!! Them, and Carolina Reapers! People running around out in the yard shouting.... "KILL ME!! OH MY GAWD!! KILL ME NOW!! ARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!! SOMEBODY PLEASE KILL ME!!!"

Corn nuts, definitely.

Chicharones too.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Pork scratchings, I eat them a lot and damn are they noisy, but delicious!

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: valiant

Yep!

Milkshakes can be noisy too, especially near the bottom.

I used to be a Slurpee nut when I was in college. Slurpee's can be really noisy, especially when someone gets a brain-freeze! 7-11 used to have these little round cardboard/plastic medallions (can't remember now what was on them, but they were cool) stuck to the bottom of a large Slurpee. I used to stick the medallions all along the edge of the headliner inside "The Ghetto Cruiser" (my rattle-can painted 1974 LTD station wagon). My mission was to get them all around the whole inside, so I encouraged all riders to get a Slurpee. I had learned the ancient art of avoiding the brain-freeze (chew on the Slurpee), but many others had not. So there was a lot of grabbing the left eye and loud moaning for some deity to take their lives or make it end!

edit on 7/21/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Monday's all you can eat burritos night at my local Mexican restaurant.... 16 hours later.

But damn if I don't want a nectarine now!

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   
One of the noisiest foods I can think of was my late father eating pigs feet. He would gnaw the cartilage of the ends of all the bones and then chew them up... popping and grinding, omg.
I suffer from misophonia.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: seaswine

I buy 'em by the basket full and then set a few on the window sill in the kitchen, nectarines that is. I let them sit there for a day or so and then they're just exploding with the nectar of Gods!! I keep the rest in a cool dark place, and just rotate new ones in for each one eaten. I'll slurp down 4-5 of those luscious fruit a day. I can stretch a basket out to 2, almost 3, weeks.

Peaches are coming in now too, but I don't resort to peaches until every last nectarine has been scooped up. Plums are in too, and I snagged a few of those as well, but I'm spoiled right now on the nectarines.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I ate a peach that was THAT good once!
I am now in the pursuit of another...and plan to go to farmer's markets soon.
They are NOT available in stores

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Pigs feet & and pickled eggs, brined up together!

The pigs feet are noisy on the way in...and the pickled eggs are noisy on the way out! And oh so 'aromatic'! LOL!

Good stuff though! Used to go to a bar in Wyoming where there was always a giant jar of pickled pigs feet and eggs sitting on the bar. Nice ice cold beer, some pickled pigs feet and eggs after a hard day in the blazing sun. Man, it don't hardly get no better'n that!

ETA - That just reminded me...I had some pickled eggs in the fridge in the garage that I'd put up about a month ago and forgotten about. Pickled them with some Habanero, Serrano and Jalapeno peppers, onions and peppercorns for an accompaniment relish. Just had some along with the relish. OH MAN, did they turn out good (and hot too)!! Thanks for the reminder!

edit on 7/21/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

I've never had a peach that good, but I'm still looking. Peaches we seem to get around here have really thick, leathery, skin which is a major detraction for me. I love peaches, but when the nectarines are in I'm all-in on them first.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Peaches are much harder to do, they are so fragile.
But we have some grown locally, so this year, we're going to the source.
Wish me luck!!!

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Pop Rocks candy.

I still love to have a packet every so often.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Baked beans...

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Popcorn. Especially making it the old-fashioned way, on the stove top, in a metal pan.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I have misophonia and almost all food drives me up the wall.
Food that's crackling is bad, food that's slurpy is bad.
I think crisps are up there as noisiest, followed by sweets being sucked....ahhhhhrrrrggg.
I don't know.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   

That sounds scrumptious!

The noisiest foods I can think of are:
Celery
Green apples
Fennel

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I only eat them over the sink. I also have big freestone peaches and apricots, and when they're ripe, off the tree, you either eat it outside or you stand over the sink.

If you haven't had an apricot off the tree, you've never had an apricot. Mmmmmmm.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Pop Rocks candy.

I still love to have a packet every so often.

HA! I remember those! Haven't seen them in ages though.

We used to get a pack of those and chew up a piece of soft Bubble-Yum bubble gum then make like the start of a bubble with the gum and dump the pop rocks inside. Then chew it all up...sounded like bacon frying in your mouth for about 10 minutes! I mean, who wouldn't like exploding bubble gum???

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Duderino

Apricots are great! Don't see hardly any around here though. Matter of fact, I don't even remember the last time I saw one. They must not transport well. See lots of dried apricots, but no fresh ones.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join