It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump tells Dem congresswomen: Go back where you came from!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

So he is saying that the USA is broken and crime infested?
Cuz I thought that he made America great again....
He cant have it both ways.

Or does he think every woman of color came from a foreign country other than the good ol USA?

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha
Maybe Trump should pull a Abe Lincoln move and deport everyone who disagrees with him like Abe did. From editors who disagreed with him to deporting members of congress who were not natural born citizens.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

It was miscalculated and doesn't make sense IMO.

Miscalculated at least. But given the truth that three of the four women are not foreign born and his statement was a blanket statement targeted women of obvious ethnic difference from himself there IS a way that it ''does make sense''

And while there are those who claim that ''that way'' is that he is racist, there are also those of us who at this point prefer to not see him in that light. This incident however makes that stance much more tenuous then it has been to this point.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   
O.K., good call. I was assuming that he meant places like Chicago.
I read the quotation selected in the OP instead of following the link.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Check out the front page of Drudge...Drudge Report
...hilarious.

They change it all the time but right now it's funny! 😂

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

So he is saying that the USA is broken and crime infested?
Cuz I thought that he made America great again....
He cant have it both ways.

Or does he think every woman of color came from a foreign country other than the good ol USA?

It's a bit difficult to make it great with so many silly zombies running around desperate for a brain...

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

No one is saying there won't be growing pains. But China is investing heavily into Africa right now, they can no longer rely on the America's as their cash cow. And Mexicans will need to start pulling their own weight.
China is even establishing a solid trade route to Nairobi. Times are changing.

Investing in Africa lol.

That's one way to spin it.

Another would be that they are colonizing it.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   

a reply to: Arnie123

She's a citizen. Why stop at her, why not just tell everyone who doesn't agree with the current admin to 'go back' to where they come from. Here's an idea, start putting up posters of those who don't 'look american' with physical features and traits, and then label them with a symbol as well.

Maybe because this doesn't have anything to do with physical features or traits and everything to do with an ideology looking to destroy THIS COUNTRY through negation of borders and abdication of immigration laws?

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck
Maybe Trump should pull a Abe Lincoln move and deport everyone who disagrees with him like Abe did. From editors who disagreed with him to deporting members of congress who were not natural born citizens.

He's trying to pull an Abe Lincoln and free Americans from slavery. Today's slaves are tax slaves, forced to yield the fruits of their labor to the programs and causes used to maintain the Kept Voter crony system that keeps their slave masters in positions of power and relevance. If Trump breaks those shackles, and getting the no borders crowd TFO of the USA is a wonderful start to breaking them, then we would see the bright shining sunlight of freedom and liberty here.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6
Anit gonna happen we have given our freedoms away for security, in the end we will have neither.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

He's trying to pull an Abe Lincoln and free Americans from slavery. Today's slaves are tax slaves, forced to yield the fruits of their labor to the programs and causes used to maintain the Kept Voter crony system that keeps their slave masters in positions of power and relevance. If Trump breaks those shackles, and getting the no borders crowd TFO of the USA is a wonderful start to breaking them, then we would see the bright shining sunlight of freedom and liberty here.

Nice explanation.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   
As a liberal, I feel its only right to publish the full quote:

"Why don't they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came," he said. "Then come back and show us how it is done. These places need your help badly, you can't leave fast enough. I'm sure that Nancy Pelosi would be very happy to quickly work out free travel arrangements!"

Is that racist? He asked her to come back after she "fixes" a country with more than first world problems and "show us how its done."

Seems like more of a challenge to me than a slur.

But what do I know? I'm just a middle aged heterosexual white male who thought the president was very on-brand, and I cracked up when he suggested Nancy would pay for her trip.

*shrug*

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Well, he asked these crazy women a good question. Let's not be hypocrites and admit most of us wonder the same.

Sounds ugly ? Freedom of speech baby.

edit on 14-7-2019 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: CriticalStinker

It was miscalculated and doesn't make sense IMO.

Miscalculated at least. But given the truth that three of the four women are not foreign born and his statement was a blanket statement targeted women of obvious ethnic difference from himself there IS a way that it ''does make sense''

And while there are those who claim that ''that way'' is that he is racist, there are also those of us who at this point prefer to not see him in that light. This incident however makes that stance much more tenuous then it has been to this point.

I missed the part where he references where the people he was talking about were born.
Must have been in a different tweet in a parallel universe.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   
This is the problem with the media. They take a snippet of a comment out of context and twist it to be a racist comment. When someone reads the full quote, in it's context, it is a challenge to those jr congresspersons who have foreign heritage from areas that are currently in shambles. Go back there, you could do more good for those people who are suffering more than those here. Fix that problem, then, return and show us how you did it so we can use that knowledge here.

Now, if the president had said it that way, how many of you would still call it a racist remark? And, be honest with yourselves and not what you think the party you follow wants you to say. Step up and speak for yourselves.

I sincere in my question above, it is not some contrived trap.

edit on 7/14/2019 by Krakatoa because: fixed spelling errors

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
I knew the thread title was BS, here’s what he actually said

“Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came,” he added. “Then come back and show us how it is done. These places need your help badly, you can’t leave fast enough. I’m sure that Nancy Pelosi would be very happy to quickly work out free travel arrangements!”

Completely different to go back to where you came from which I would not have approved of, what he did actually say though I’m fine with.
Don’t know much about Tlaib but Omar disgusts me, I don’t believe she has any redeeming characteristics.
She hates America and Americans and wants to change it to suit her own wants.
AOC just strikes me as crazy and not to be taken seriously, Omar though seems evil, snake in the grass gonna nite you on the ass evil

He added that "and then come back" to take some of the edge off and obviously doesn't mean that yet you're falling for it and getting played.

Why would he want them back when he doesn't like them? Even if they fixed all of Africa, Trump still wouldn't want them back.

Getting played and then asking for more. It's kind of a twisted mentality. During the Bush years that was a similar thing as well.

Trump talks about "bleeding from your...whatever", obvious to what he's referring to and then you have some being completely obtuse and playing dumb.

edit on 14-7-2019 by ghaleon12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Oh relax people, Trump is just showing us what he really thinks and how he really feels.

In his mind, an American is white. If you are brown or beige or caramel or any other shade, even if you're born in America, that's not American enough for him. You need to be white to fit in his world.

And he's pretty blunt about it... in public.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnS23

No one is saying there won't be growing pains. But China is investing heavily into Africa right now, they can no longer rely on the America's as their cash cow. And Mexicans will need to start pulling their own weight.
China is even establishing a solid trade route to Nairobi. Times are changing.

Investing in Africa lol.

That's one way to spin it.

Another would be that they are colonizing it.

I'm not going to go into full detail since it's a rather complex subject and it will derail the thread a bit. But look up Akon investments into Africa, and the silk road to Nairobi.

If you really want to get into it. Vice did a documentary a while back about the cowboys of Africa, truckers and out back style entrepreneurs who travel to the last frontier to make a fortune. China IS investing into Africa and not colonizing it, they learned from history.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ghaleon12

Or just not freaking out because in the cosmic scheme there are more important things to bitch about?

Look, I get it. You hate him. I'm not a huge fan or anything. That whole east coast real estate schtick is as annoying to me as valley girls were to the rest of the country, but whatever.

This hyper focus on Trump's (purposeful) verbal "gaffs" isn't going to accomplish anything except get him re-elected. Judging by the Dem field so far, that's probably a good thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join