It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 23

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

whatcha gonna cook for us?

Finally I spotted a window to post something in this thread, so ill post a delicious recipe (Starter)

You will need (for 2);

6 - 8 Scallops (off shell)
4 - 6 Basil leaves
2 - 3 Coriander leaves
6 - 8 Baby vine tomatoes
Tabasco sauce
Garlic clove (crushed)
Salt & Pepper
Use olive oil on pan

Finely chop basil leaves, coriander leaves and slice baby tomatoes in half (I normally place them in a bowl then season with salt and pepper)

Heat frying pan up (olive oil - medium to high heat)

Season Scallops with Sea Salt and Pepper on each side then place on pan.

2 - 3 mins each side (will be brown when ready) plate up in a line. Put bowl of basil/coriander/tomatoes into same pan that the scallops just left. Also throw in crushed garlic clove with a dash or two of tabasco sauce (can add more than one if you enjoy garlic or dashes of tabasco etc).

Cook for less than 2 mins then spoon out the leaves on top of the Scallops with a small bit of the olive oil from pan with all the flavours...

YUM!

PS: For a pre-starter serve: shelled oysters filled with (clear) pickled onion vinegar, dash of tabasco and some vodka (chill for an hour in fridge before serving) small bit of sea salt when serving, for maximum organismic taste

This will go very well with a meat based main such as Steak or Lamb but even Seabass too

edit on 2-8-2019 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I got the need to shake it

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: XXXN3O

Hey there XXX! I was wondering where you've been.

That scallop recipe sounds delicious, minus the tabasco sauce. I'll have to try that.
So, how is everything in your world?

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

Rico! Enjoyed your song! I take it that is your favorite band? How are you doing?

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I'm doing alright, hopefully going to bed soon. My favorite band is Queens of the Stone Age. This is my favorite song by them. warning, it kinda goes all over the place

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 12:17 AM
link   

I am always around on here

It's better without the Tabasco sauce in my opinion but the Mrs like her spices, yes she's from Mars I reckon

Getting there thanks for asking, hope you are too?
edit on 3-8-2019 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico
I got the need to shake it

Cannot help but visualise a Picard and Data dance to this one after Borg defeated

(Your avatar is at fault here Autorico!)

PS: Just let me be in my little world. Still, would be better than the Trek they are putting out nowadays... shhhh

edit on 3-8-2019 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

Glad to hear you are doing alright Rico.

I don't really have a favorite band as I love so many and from different genres. Hope you slept well. I finally had a great nights sleep.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I am always around on here

Yay!

I am doing well thanks! Hope I can muster up some energy later to do some laundry and color my hair. I slept really late, but it felt so good. So...still waking up and having coffee.
Have a lovely day!

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Yea I slept ok for once
Glad you did too. I have a few favorite bands: Queens of the stone age, Foo Fighters, Eagles of death metal and so on.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   
18 Killed, 30 injured - El Paso WalMart shooting..

Hugs to everyone here as I'm having trouble dealing with this as I'm so tired of it happening over and over again around the country.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy
Hi Finn,

great to hear you've managed to stay sober for three days. Here's hoping you can keep that going!
(You can drink that. It's a glass of Birrell.
-- That's an alcohol-free beer for those who don't know of it.)

@ Nyiah I loved the fish pics and info! Thanks for that!

@ Everyone else Sorry for not doing more responses. I've gone through a rough patch mentally/emotionally but slowly improving now.

It feels good to drop in here. And yes, 'Raine, a "nap room" would be good. Lots of comfy couches and maybe some incense burning... That'd be ideal.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   

When's dinner?

Cuz that sounds Deeeeelish !

---

Hello all!

I know I've been a bad boy..a real Lurkin' lLarry...

Nyiah,

Those look like some Happy fish!!

Awesome pics, thank you for sharing them, we used to have a few tanks years ago, but nothing so beautiful as that!

--
Blue,
I'm sorry your pops has you stressed out, just know ,in in his own way, he loves you..

I am always hoping for the best for you my friend.

---

Fin,
You rock Bro , I applaud your progress with your situation. You are an Inspiration...

And I mean that...

---

Night,

My lovely eleven princess, thank you for providing this wonderful space! And don't throw out that old couch.. It's served you well.. don't cast it aside

---

/begging-your-pardon-fresh-from-the-garden-alarmingly-charming-dirty-from-farming- big-bear-no-fear-first-tier-supersonic-platonic-not-ironic-chronic-HUUUUUUGS to all!

---

WIS,
You have some mail.

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

I get sick and tired of all the crap happening all around us too. Spread as much love, joy and inspiration as you can because we need more of that in the world. Thoughts and prayers for all involved.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Mike, it is completely understandable that you hit rough patches. It wouldn't be normal if you didn't. There has been a great loss in your life that has changes everything. I am very happy when you do come in and post. I appreciate your honesty and letting us know where you are mentally and emotionally. You will always find love, kindness and compassionate from your Shed and ATS family. Much love and a big hug!

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

Hey there buddy! It's been a long time, or seems like it anyway. Great to see you today!

Hugs for you my friend!

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 07:04 PM
link   

I'll try to pop in more often.

I know.. I know...

I've said that before....

/hugs

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

Yes, you have said that before. So now if you don't pop in more often, you will be held accountable in the court of the high counsel of Elves.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 09:25 PM
link   
WiS and JustMike, you're welcome! Expect a new picture eventually, of the newest resident of the tank
Edit: Night, you had this breed of Tetra then! They're quite amusing to watch, aren't they? XD
The Ghost shrimp were the ones we were starting to lean toward, but we changed our minds for now (read on!)

We decided, after another rather long discussion with employees at the aquarium shop, that another catfish would be worthwhile.
We're planning on upgrading the fish to larger tank in the next year (25 or 30 gallons would be perfect) to allow us to get a few more fish (Angelfish...I want Angelfish) and a lot more aquatic plants.
In the meantime, the employees, who really know their stuff, seemed pretty positive that Kitty the Catfish's behavior was more indicative of loneliness & boredom than happy lone fish play, and strongly suggested another catfish for company, and that one more in the tank would be it until we got a bigger one. I was not aware that tank catfish are schooling fish and don't do well solo (many an internet search actually backed that up)

We settled on an Albino Catfish, and the staff painstakingly took their time sussing out the smallest of the bunch to give us as much time as possible before space became an issue. They don't grow very fast at all, and can take around a year and a half to two years to fully grow as big as Kitty is.

This little guy, holy crap. If he was a human, he'd be an ADHD kid. He's all over the tank checking EVERYTHING out all day long -- he does not sit still for nothing. And this little fish can pack away more food than a horse, WOW. We briefly, but seriously, considered naming him Hoover.

Kitty's demeanor has changed greatly already, he doesn't settle into the trenches & laze about all day anymore. He follows his new buddy everywhere, they play "Tag, you're it!" and munch together. One of the blue Tetras tried to assert the pecking order with the new kid, butting/nudging him around, and Kitty was having none of it -- chased the Tetra over to the far corner of the tank and went right back over to the little guy. You could almost hear the "I don't THINK so!" from him, lol.

Since he's an Albino, the kids took great pains in finding a suitable name based on that. Al the Albino went over like a lead balloon with one (the other though she'd come up with a pretty clever one there) Snowball, Snowflake, Snowy, Creampuff, Puff, Cloud, etc, everything stereotypical came up and was disagreed on by each of them.

They eventually settled on Casper, since, well, Casper the Friendly Ghost is white, lol. And this Casper is definitely a friendly little guy. A high-energy bottomless pit, but friendly nonetheless.

The Octopus grass is coming along well, I'm positive it's grown at least half an inch already. If it keeps that pace, I should be able to prune around half a foot from it in 3 weeks or so, and "plant" it in the gravel to root a new cluster

edit on 8/3/2019 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah
Oh, I had angel fish years ago and just adored them! I love watching fish!
There have been pics and videos of tanks that were incorporated into a roof over a bed, coffee tables etc. Pretty wild!
I can't wait to see more pics! And I really can't wait for the upgrade and new editions! So exciting!

I'm happy to hear that you are receiving good advice from the place you purchase your fish from. I too do additional research online. Sometimes opinions can vary on the best care for certain fish or which fish you can put together. Breeders usually know their stuff and are a good source of information. Also...forums on fish and aquarium residents and plants.

I had African aquarium frogs once. Loved them!

new topics

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join